This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That article was a massive pile of ****.
    DJT jr liked it on Twitter

Musta been the alt left going after another republican
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.17 - Section 4 of Amendment 25

We're at least a couple of decades late in getting that monument to Admiral Yamamoto up in downtown Honolulu. This country used to be able to get things done. MAGA
      I went home with a waitress the way I always do
      How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        The trail to quebec in Maine has some markers for Arnold, no statues that I know of.
        Battle of Saratoga has a monument to him.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Do not EVER lump me in with neo-Nazi apologists. I will defend their right to peaceful free speech, and that's it. Period. I am quite bothered by your label, and take great offense.
          I think he was just taking the mickey. He's a mischievous one that Rover.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            No, racism was definetly alive and well in 1916. Pretty sure this was a "gentle" reminder to any "darkies" traveling through Montana that a large group of "good ole boys" lived in the area.

And don't forget Oregon (territory from 1848 to 1859, statehood after) was a racist utopia while going under the guise of a "free state" during the Civil War.

Also, when the 15th Amendment (prohibits the federal and state governments from denying a citizen the right to vote based on that citizen's "race, color, or previous condition of servitude") was ratified in 1870, Oregon, along with seven other states refused to approve of the amendment. It passed (obviously) without their approval. But Oregon finally caved to formally ratifying the amendment in... 1959.
            (It wasn't the last hold out from officially recognizing black men as equals; that would go to: California 1962,
            Maryland 1973, Kentucky 1976, and Tennessee 1997. )

And if through all this, you still think the Daughters of the Confederacy is a cutesy way of honoring the families of the Confederate soldiers, holy fu**, you couldn't be more wrong.
            People don't understand how insulting the whole "reverse racism" BS is. Especially when brought up with the "I'm from the north. We fought to end slavery" reasoning that commonly comes with it.

There is a LOT more to racism than slavery. Granted, that generally is one of the worst aspects.

The Detroit riots in 1943 and 1967 were not about slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Do not EVER lump me in with neo-Nazi apologists. I will defend their right to peaceful free speech, and that's it. Period. I am quite bothered by your label, and take great offense.

Then stop acting like one.

And you're offended by something posted on a message board? You need to get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                People don't understand how insulting the whole "reverse racism" BS is. Especially when brought up with the "I'm from the north. We fought to end slavery" reasoning that commonly comes with it.

There is a LOT more to racism than slavery. Granted, that generally is one of the worst aspects.

The Detroit riots in 1943 and 1967 were not about slavery.
                Or the Boston busing riots. The South laughed their *ss*s off at the Northerners for that one.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Appears Susan Bro after losing her daughter is strong enough to be the moral authority of the United States and not the President.

Let's the Republican Party's Misogyny commence.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Appears Susan Bro after losing her daughter is strong enough to be the moral authority of the United States and not the President.

Let's the Republican Party's Misogyny commence.
                    Susan Bro

Less than a week since her daughter Heather Heyer was killed in Charlottesville, Susan Bro says she has received threats against her life.

“I’ve had death threats already … because of what I’m doing right this second,” Bro told MSNBC on Thursday, one day after Heyer was buried and a vigil at the University of Virginia drew hundreds of candle-bearing supporters. Heyer died Saturday during protests of a white supremacist rally after a driver with alleged Nazi sympathies drove into a crowd. The attack also left 19 injured.

Bro said President Trump’s insistence that there is blame “on both sides” — counterprotesters and throngs of white nationalists objecting to the planned removal of a Robert E. Lee statue — was “irrelevant” because Heyer was a peaceful protester.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Confirming that these morons are domestic terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Considering the ability to expertly manipulate the media do you think that matters? There are certain sites that will tell you the same conditions exist now.
                        I think that claiming conditions in the U.S., today, relating to neo-nazis or the nazi party are at all similar to Nazi Germany in the 1930's is a substantial exaggeration, and frankly, gives the white supremacists in this country way more credit than they deserve. I think a candid examination of the facts would suggest that nazi activity in this country doesn't even approach 1930's U.S. levels, let alone Nazi Germany.

White supremacy, nazi ideology, or whatever you want to call it, has existed in this country since it's formation, and it will continue to exist. You can't kill or rid the world of ideas or thoughts. All that changes is the activity level, and the public or private nature of that activity. Usually those changes are triggered by some event or condition, such as the Reconstruction, the Voting Rights Act, forced busing or desegregation, the election of the first African American president, etc...

It flares up, like a smoldering fire suddenly given an infusion of air, but then dies back down again for the simple reason of not enough fuel. Say what you want about the people in this country, or even half the people in this country as many of you have singled out. The overwhelming majority of citizens in this country would never even think about participating in that debacle in Virginia this past weekend. Two thousand knuckleheads, or however many were there, are not going to take over this country.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hovey, these guys just threatened the parents of a person they killed.

How is it they are not like the brownshirts again?

Stop bringing up the general economy and look at what they are doing and some of the reactions. History is repeating itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            What do Neo Nazis care about the Confederacy...I will hang up and listen.

You can try and dress it up however you like...the facts dont support your thesis man.
                            Um, I am of the belief that the statues were simply about racism, and many on here said that was mostly wrong. That the statues were about the Confederacy and being a traitor.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Two thousand knuckleheads, or however many were there, are not going to take over this country.
                              they got their man in the White House.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Um, I am of the belief that the statues were simply about racism, and many on here said that was mostly wrong. That the statues were about the Confederacy and being a traitor.
                                I might have tiredly misunderstood your post before I responded with the history lesson last night. I thought you mistook my sarcasm of the Helena monument being built a generation after the civil war ended, in a remote outpost where ex-gray coats retreated to after the war, as a tribute to them and not the (not-so-)subtle racism they imply.

I apologize, as it seems we're on the same side (-ish?) regarding the meaning behind the statues.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X