Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    If you're John Q. Criminal and take advantage of the situation as the legendary "one bad guy," make the laws tough enough that with the commission of a crime with a weapon you're never seeing the light of day again.
    Concealed Carry takes care of the problem, too.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Aww, poor Trumpies. They're so victimized by Mueller and his Deep State buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I can't see any upside to that for Kim. Right now it's not like he has to worry about his favorability polling. His regime depends on his army. The only way to p-ss off his army would be to interrupt their standard of living, and provoking US strategic bombing of DPRK military facilities would downgrade a lot of officers' quality of life to quality of death.

NK hasn't done anything they haven't done a thousand times since 1955. This is the language and the BS they do. The smallfry always talk tough at the bar when the gunslinger is in town. This is nothing different. While it's possible their actual capabilities have changed, (1) that doesn't matter since the only way they stay alive is by never, ever using it, and (2) I would tend to doubt it anyway. This whole thing smells to me as a way of squeezing another few trillion out of the taxpayer absent any actual threat to US security. This looks like a lobbying effort between the DOD, the contractors, and their enablers in government (both sides of the aisle) and media (likewise). It's a hostage crisis, but the North Koreans aren't holding Americans hostage, the folks who directly benefit from these expenditures are holding the taxpayers hostage. (3) Obviously, Trump gains from a wag the dog scenario. He's at 30-something approval; in case of a war his approval would go to 80% overnight -- most of the voters are lower order primates who respond to fear with aggression and a deep psychological drive for a Strongman.

So no, I don't thing Kim wants to mess with any of that.
        Absolutely agree. Kim is a lot like Donald. He is a bully and a coward who has never in his life shown any interest in the well being of the "small people" around him. He likes to talk big for the attention it gets him. A military conflict with the United States might help Trump and others here, including the military complex, but it would ensure Kim's demise. Kim probably thinks Trump is the best thing that could have happened to him.

There is one angle to this that most people have probably overlooked. When things get real, Trump's nuclear card has always been bankruptcy. When he says he is "locked and loaded," does that mean he has the means to deliver enough bankruptcy lawyers to overwhelm NK in a first stirke? How many of them can you stuff into a trident missile, and how much would that be per hour?

Comment

Water is good. See spot run. Drugs are bad m'kay?

Comment

"Just Say No"

It worked so well in the 80s...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              "Just Say No"

It worked so well in the 80s...
              This is different. It's "Just Say No Good, Really Bad For You". More pizzazz!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

There is one angle to this that most people have probably overlooked. When things get real, Trump's nuclear card has always been bankruptcy. When he says he is "locked and loaded," does that mean he has the means to deliver enough bankruptcy lawyers to overwhelm NK in a first stirke? How many of them can you stuff into a trident missile, and how much would that be per hour?
                I haven't overlooked it. in fact,it's precisely the same approach Trumpy has taken whenever faced with legal action. Talk big, bluster and bully, and expect the other side to back down because 'you're Trumpy' or they just don't have the resources to withstand a prolonged court battle.

Trouble is, politics and foreign policy doesn't work that way. Trumpy's money and "status" carries no weight with his opponents, they have no reason to fear him, or getting involved in a prolonged dispute with him. Other than a military attack, there's really nothing Trumpy can do that will make NK bend to his will or desire. But Trumpy doesn't seem to understand that. The tactics he used in the real estate game have no bearing at all in foreign diplomacy. Enemies, and even allies, are free to walk away and simply ignore him, or continue to denigrate him, their choice.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Concealed Carry takes care of the problem, too.
                  It really doesn't, because then one of those morons will wind up shooting me or somebody I care about.

CC types are funny when they're on their own compounds and like I said mow down your own family for liberty, I'm cool with that. But they need to keep their anal vibrators down on the farm with their brood sow and the other livestock. There are humans in other places and our lives take precedence.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    That ain't gonna fly with Drew, he's made that abundantly clear.
                    I'm fine with it, provided there is a fair and transparent process in which they lose them. Also, there should be a process where they can obtain the rights again. I'm not sure how much you care about statistics, but people who are mentally ill are much more likely to be victims of crime than commit them.

http://psychiatryonline.org.psychiat....9781615371099
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      My one gun law is the people in the local area get to decide. So if the good people of Portland, Oregon want to outlaw all guns, so be it. For everybody. Make firearms possession and use a felony -- for everybody, no exceptions, city cops can carry billy clubs. State cops have them but only get called in under emergency situations. Oh yeah, and tasers kill too, so they count. No more of that sh-t.

If you're John Q. Criminal and take advantage of the situation as the legendary "one bad guy," make the laws tough enough that with the commission of a crime with a weapon you're never seeing the light of day again.
                      Isn't one of the DNC's positions right now that there are way too many people in jail? I agree on the premise that gun control should be managed on more local levels, but the scenario you outline is completely unrealistic.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I'm fine with it, provided there is a fair and transparent process in which they lose them. Also, there should be a process where they can obtain the rights again. I'm not sure how much you care about statistics, but people who are mentally ill are much more likely to be victims of crime than commit them.

http://psychiatryonline.org.psychiat....9781615371099
                        I guess things are different under Trumpy, huh? Figures.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Isn't one of the DNC's positions right now that there are way too many people in jail? I agree on the premise that gun control should be managed on more local levels, but the scenario you outline is completely unrealistic.
                          Who's goin' to jail?

I meant fry em.

And it wouldn't affect that many people. News travels fast.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Remember when people said to vote for the isolationist Trump since Hillary would get us into all those wars?
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Jesus, I can't even go out for a 90-minute walk without a fresh military escalation from Czar Urea. He's getting to be like that guy in the bar at last call, blacked out, and challenging everyone to a fight.

He'd better start putting up, or shutting up.

Comment

"I mean, we're still better off than Hillary trying to put a Clinton Foundation office in Pyonyang."

Am I doing this right?
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X