Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Amazing how many of them seem to be involved with the College Republicans...
    Amazing how many of them took pictures with smiling members of Congress. Those should be retweeted and shared on Facebook from now until the Midterms. When those guys are interviewed on CNN the picture should be shown every time.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      But that pattern of physical bullying was well laid out in dumps campaign. Happened a few times, and other than a few words, was never really stopped. I thought it was more encouraged.
      I can't remember the source and I hope I'm not remembering this wrong, but I seem to recall reading the violence at trump rallies was actually under-reported and that is was common for protesters to not just get shouted down, but to be physically roughed up and removed. I never saw any at the rallies I was at, but I saw quite a few come close and could have easily imagined something getting out of hand.

Comment

Hell, Ted " Zodiac" Cruz denounced these guys.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Amazing how many of them seem to be involved with the College Republicans...
          Not to me. This is the narrative that needs to be pounded home hard. The republican party IS the party of the racist now. They can't run from this. They can't hide from this any longer now. If they don't like the characterization, FIX THE PROBLEM. This isn't about "conservative" political beliefs. This is about thinking people are less human than you are based on nothing more than the color of their skin. trump knows he is losing on all of the normal fronts a president can lose on, so now it is simply playing to the base. The problem is that the base is the majority of one of the two political parties in this country that elect 99.9% of all office holders.

Comment

"Black Lives Dont Matter Here" was being chanted at the rally and caught on video. (posted on the twitter page referenced by trix)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Not to me. This is the narrative that needs to be pounded home hard. The republican party IS the party of the racist now. They can't run from this. They can't hide from this any longer now. If they don't like the characterization, FIX THE PROBLEM. This isn't about "conservative" political beliefs. This is about thinking people are less human than you are based on nothing more than the color of their skin. trump knows he is losing on all of the normal fronts a president can lose on, so now it is simply playing to the base. The problem is that the base is the majority of one of the two political parties in this country that elect 99.9% of all office holders.
              Has it changed a lot in the last 10 years? I'll be honest that I didn't pay attention to politics as much during Bush's second term and during Obama's reign. It does seem like a brave new world out there. I would have expected to see skinheads covered with tattoos or old moron looking people, but from the twitter account identifying people it was a lot of normal looking college kids.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Nice to see moral equivalency is still strong in this country.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  This group of Republicans go back to Johnson and the signing of the Civil Rights bill.

Once that happened, all of the racist trolls from all parties moved to the Republican party. For a while they were kept in control, but the fear and hate of ideas from the main stream R's started bringing them out. Everything not them is bad. Very bad.

Remember when VP candidate Palin put cross hairs in a picture of a democratic representative? But that was some kind of innocent thing- not *really* meaning to shoot someone. Especially when someone got shot.

This started before that, but when Obama was running the first time, the rhetoric from the right to fear the left really rose. Not that R ideas were better, that D ideas and people were evil. This is getting totally exposed now that R's are in total control- they have nothing. No ideas, no policies, no real legislation, nothing. It's not just the dumass president they elected, it's the entire people who have spouted "fear the left" and "liberals are bad" for years.

All of that has let the racists come out from under their rocks and feel that they are in the majority now. In terms of the R party, they may have always been.

It's funny that they are called "conservatives"- as if that really means anything. They haven't been conservative on anything for quite some time, other than preventing people to have the same rights they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Has it changed a lot in the last 10 years? I'll be honest that I didn't pay attention to politics as much during Bush's second term and during Obama's reign. It does seem like a brave new world out there. I would have expected to see skinheads covered with tattoos or old moron looking people, but from the twitter account identifying people it was a lot of normal looking college kids.
                    LOL, as if there's a stereotype for racists? That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I'm convinced divisiveness is the biggest issue we face right now.
                      The only people I hear saying this, and you are far from the first, are white males, normally though not exclusively over the age of 50. It's always been divisive, we (white men) just don't have a monopoly on the narrative anymore.

And, as the saying goes, equality looks like oppression to those who were previously the oppressors.

Comment

Drew needs the flaggy treatment, ignore and stop quoting. I don't know what else he needs to say for everyone to get on board with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          Drew needs the flaggy treatment, ignore and stop quoting. I don't know what else he needs to say for everyone to get on board with this.
                          I won't post anymore in these threads if it's causing you and others distress.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            This group of Republicans go back to Johnson and the signing of the Civil Rights bill.

Once that happened, all of the racist trolls from all parties moved to the Republican party.

It became more noticeable after Johnson's civil rights and voting initiatives, but it was happening before that. Like a lot of this, it can be traced back, at least partially, to a movement of the wealthiest Americans to the republican party who opposed much of the New Deal reforms in the 1930s. It's a shame really, because if I go back 50 years, or even 40, I can find politicians of both parties who, at least pragmatically, behaved in ways that did not divide us along lines of color. If I was a voter in the 1960s living where I did, I could easily have found reasons to vote for candidates of either party, and often would have. Those days are gone, and it sucks because now democrats don't do much for my vote. As long as they are not racist jacka s s es, the chances are they are better than the republican alternative.
                            Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 08-13-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              I don't wish for this. I don't think he's nuts, and I don't think Drew is a bigot. I'm sure others disagree just as I'm sure others have ME on ignore. I think Drew is misguided and naive. Just my opinions.

Comment

I only block Flaggy because he posts stuff that is literally insane constantly.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X