Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I would not be surprised if both party's establishments are in secret negotiations to topple the President.

He's not their president.
    Trump isn't a threat to "the establishment." He's a threat to the planet.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    but the statement is completely unnecessary.
    Which one? Trump or Sasse? Trump needs to shut the **** up.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

I would not be surprised if both party's establishments are in secret negotiations to topple the President.

Not in a million years. Only until polls show enough republicans are having trouble in re-election bids will the party apparatus be used to do anything against trump. At most you will see what you see right now, an implicit effort to limit cooperation with him and the occasional public statement renouncing the most ridiculous and dangerous of his comments. He is most definitely the republican party's president.

\../ \../

I'm not saying we should send people in, but the statement is completely unnecessary.
    How would we know we shouldn't send people in there if someone doesn't make a statement to the contrary. No, the problem is all of these patriotic republicans you and yours think are doing such a bang-up job as a check to trump's disastrous presidency are not making enough of these statements, and even fewer are following up with any actions.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    What the **** am I reading here? "it's not some sort of phony event", no one's saying it's a phony event, it's a comment on the stupidity of Trump throwing around "possible military option" like it's nothing. It's more than necessary when the President shoots from the hip on something so serious as military intervention, for a country that in no way threatens us. Who gives a **** if the Venezuelans are insulted, the properness of throwing around military action has ****all to do with what they think.
    If nothing else, Sasse and Maduro are certainly on the same page.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Almost impossible to do that without Trump getting wind of it. It would be great to have someone else, but that is an incredibly dangerous game to play. I worry in that type of situation part of the military goes one way and part of it goes the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    No, he's not, and he never was. This man works for no one but himself.

But the GOP put him there.
    The GOP Establishment did not. The rank and file, ticked off at a milquetoast field decided to roll the dice. The establishment then put on a brave face, smiled, and consumed gallons of Pepto.

If nothing else, Sasse and Maduro are certainly on the same page.
    And there it is. The dumbest thing I'll read all day. And it's only 9:45 in the morning.

And fark you for making me defend Sasse.

\../ \../

The GOP Establishment did not. The rank and file, ticked off at a milquetoast field decided to roll the dice. The establishment then put on a brave face, smiled, and consumed gallons of Pepto.
    Who was trying to soothe an upset stomach? A few, like John Kasich and Jeb Bush openly said they were not voting for the nominee of their party, but the vast majority of republicans in the "establishment" of their party willingly supported him with the typical statements of leaders in EITHER party about coming together behind their candidate. Not only did they smile and show a brave face, they openly supported him and to this date very few are going against him. republican apologists need to be disabused of the notion that trump is not one of them. You don't win the nomination of your party and garner enough support in November if you are not one of them. Look at the continued narrative here about Clinton. Many of us here are upset with what we see has become of the Democratic party and know to win, the whole party apparatus needs a re-think. But most republicans are in lock step with trump. He couldn't be more "one of them" if he tried. This is what that party IS in 2017. It's either that or you who call yourself republicans really are as stupid and rube-like as I suspect to have believed a snake oils salesman like trump enough for him to get 60 million + votes. Based on the talk here, most of us believe the democratic party needs to be looking in the mirror. Based on what I see from people like you, Drew, Sic and the republicans I see who actually speak and act for the party, that same look in the mirror seems to be telling you guys "everything is juuuuuust fine. But if it finally looks like trump is going to blow up the world, our leaders will swallow another bottle of pepto bismol and come to our rescue."

It would have been better had someone with a brain, a heart, and courage taken that mantle, rather than someone lacking all three.

2016 was a pivotal moment for the GOP to win back its soul from the Bush corporatists. Instead they just got a narcissistic serial liar. I am amazed you can't see it, even now. You still think he's some sort of John Wayne crossed with Diogenes. He's not; he's Mr. Creosote crossed with Caligula.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-12-2017 at 10:19 AM.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    ...Based on what I see from people like you, Drew, Sic and the republicans I see who actually speak and act for the party, that same look in the mirror seems to be telling you guys "everything is juuuuuust fine. But if it finally looks like trump is going to blow up the world, our leaders will swallow another bottle of pepto bismol and come to our rescue."

Quote Originally Posted by @MarkHarrisNYC
    "Well, I'm certainly concerned," said Sen. Lindsay Graham, staring at the mushroom cloud. "It's very troubling," added Sen. Ben Sasse.

"If this keeps up," said the ash outline of where Sen. Jeff Flake had been standing seconds earlier, "the GOP may have to rethink things."
    https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/st...13419950247942
    Last edited by aparch; 08-12-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It would have been better had someone with a brain, a heart, and courage taken that mantle, rather than someone lacking all three.

2016 was a pivotal moment for the GOP to win back its soul from the Bush corporatists. Instead they just got a narcissistic serial liar. I am amazed you can't see it, even now. You still think he's some sort of John Wayne crossed with Diogenes. He's not; he's Mr. Creosote crossed with Caligula.
    Can someone not be unhappy with Trump, dems, and the media? That's how I feel and I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat. I have enough faith both in the system and our capabilities that we will see Trump out, but its obvious some significant changes need to happen. I really think we should be looking beyond the current paradigm for the change we need.

But the GOP Establishment created this mob through decades of hate and fear mongering. It lost control of it, but it created it.

Looks like the Trump disciples had a fun time last night http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3404681

mascot extraordinaire
    So, if Trump does not decide to run for a second term, besides from Pence, who else runs? If Trump does decide to run, does someone in the GOP commit the ultimate no-no and run against him?

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Looks like the Trump disciples had a fun time last night http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3404681
    Take pill once a century, whether you need it or not.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

And from the cloud of citronella, they have had it with the tyrannical oppression of bug bites.

[/Stolen from Twitter]

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    So, if Trump does not decide to run for a second term, besides from Pence, who else runs? If Trump does decide to run, does someone in the GOP commit the ultimate no-no and run against him?
    Cotton, Pence, and Sasse are already visiting Iowa and New Hampshire like it's August 2019
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Right no one in the establishment supported him or voted for him. Sure facts dont back that up AT ALL it sounds good and it allows you to pretend that the GOP is separate from him so go on with your delusions.

The Establishment was all in the second it was obvious none of the anointed ones had a shot. They gave him money, they backed his lies and everything he pulled and they all voted for him when push came to shove. This is on them and everyone on that side of the aisle. They arent plotting to get rid of him and they arent disavowing him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    "White supremacists are not the problem here..." - White House official

Nice to see the former Iraqi Information Minister found a job...

Thread Information