Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    You enlightened liberals are teaching me so much! A year has passed and honestly didn't remember much about it other than the takeaway that it was supposedly a slight on folks like me. It looks like that wasn't entirely the case. I have said before that I irrationally didn't like her and that wouldn't have changed my opinion.
    And yet, here you are, spouting off complete bullcrap about something you don't even remember.

Here's a hint Next time you don't know anything about what you're talking about, just shut up, ok?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Why counter-protest when Nazis come to my town?
      You should protest. But do it in a way to avoid a physical confrontation between you and the nazis.

My wife is from Des Moines, IA. Planned Parenthood used to hold a huge used book sale each September at the Iowa state fair grounds. Proceeds go to Planned Parenthood. Naturally, the right to lifers objected.

Now, I literally could give two turds about the politics involved. I think it should be a woman's right to choose, but I used to go to that book sale just because I like big used book sales, not because of any support for Planned Parenthood.

I always thought that the right to life group in Des Moines made a smart decision in terms of trying to "protest" that sale and Planned Parenthood. Rather than march a bunch of people out to the fair grounds and get into a confrontation with people, they hold their own "right to life" book sale at the same time, in a different part of town. They get some publicity for it. They make their political point. But no one gets run over, thankfully for me.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Because of course.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones said over the weekend that he believed the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia was staged, and compared it to other rallies in which he claimed to have seen Jewish people masquerading as Nazis and Ku Klux Klan members.

“I’ve been to these events, a lot of the KKK guys with their hats off look like they’re from the cast of Seinfeld,” he said Sunday, as old footage of a KKK rally rolled behind him. “Look at them, they’re just Jewish actors. Nothing against Jews in general, but the leftist Jewish want to create this clash, so they go dress up as Nazis.”
        God bless The Onion.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-14-2017, 02:04 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Because of course.

God bless The Onion.
          Is he trying to troll the people who were there?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Dumb analogy Slappy. Being a Muslim is a religion. Republicans are a political party/movement. You don't vote to become a Muslim.
            Nice try, but I'll give you once chance to figure it out. Unlike race both are a choice and regardless of that followers/supporters of either have an equal duty to denounce segments of their own that behave like animals without being painted with a broad brush because of the actions of said segment.
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-14-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Of course the neo-nazis were trying to provoke a confrontation. That's the point I've been trying to make here for 4 hours.

Why give them exactly what they want?
              Why give them a little win?

They got that from dump, by his lack of opinion.

They think being a bully to a small group of people will sway people to fear them. It's time that they fear anti-nazis. They are never going to get over blaming other people for their incompetence, so there's no real need to try to get them to change sides. Logic and reason obviously don't work, neither does actual science.

The only thing they understand is violence. F them.

Comment

Let's focus on whether the counter protestors' methodology was sound because reasons.

Comment

"Like father, like son? Think about it."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You don't ignore it. But you don't assemble your own mob/counter protest group or whatever you want to call it to march into the street and provoke a confrontation.

If you're there, take pictures of these people, then circulate them (and media photographs) on social media. Name names. If you recognize someone in a photo, publicly out them. Make sure the community as a whole knows who these people are and what they support.

When they violate the law, film them doing it and report them to the police.

Make sure your local politicians know that you oppose this group and support the decision to remove the statue.

Use the event as an education opportunity for children and others.

You can try all you want to claim there are two choices, ignoring the event or open confrontation with your own group, but you're wrong.
                    From reports the intitial provocation came from the Neo-Nazis coming out of the park they were allocated, into the counter-protesters and trying to incite reaction so I am confused. This sh1t about ignoring abhorrent behavior so you can wear a halo loses me.

I'm not playing devil's advocate. I agree, these white supremacist groups are evil, and probably a bit crazy. They're kind of like a rabid animal. You shouldn't ignore it, but running up to it and confronting it is also a very, very bad idea.

Here is where I disagree with many here. If you think neo-nazi ideology or white supremacy is evil, and you hear a large group of them plan to assemble and march down a street in your town shouting their nonsense, and someone suggests that everyone get together and form a counter protest group to meet them in the street, what exactly is the farking plan???

Do you think the neo-nazi's are just going to flee for their cars? Do you think that when they hear you shouting at them or arguing with them, they're going to convert and immediately reject all things nazi? Because the only reason I can think of for going down and confronting them face to face is that you want a brawl.

If you claim, like many do, that we must show these neo-nazis that we disagree with them, that their ideas will be rejected and not be tolerated, go hold a bigger and better march elsewhere in town.

You can sit here and sugarcoat it all you want, but this is effectively no different than gang warfare.
                    So you are supposed to passively let them walk down the street or be in the park spouting hate and vitriol? ignoring it is how we ended up with Hitler being successful and millions dying.

You should protest. But do it in a way to avoid a physical confrontation between you and the nazis.

My wife is from Des Moines, IA. Planned Parenthood used to hold a huge used book sale each September at the Iowa state fair grounds. Proceeds go to Planned Parenthood. Naturally, the right to lifers objected.

Now, I literally could give two turds about the politics involved. I think it should be a woman's right to choose, but I used to go to that book sale just because I like big used book sales, not because of any support for Planned Parenthood.

I always thought that the right to life group in Des Moines made a smart decision in terms of trying to "protest" that sale and Planned Parenthood. Rather than march a bunch of people out to the fair grounds and get into a confrontation with people, they hold their own "right to life" book sale at the same time, in a different part of town. They get some publicity for it. They make their political point. But no one gets run over, thankfully for me.
                    When some guy drives through a crowd of people walking away from his car how are they to blame for not handling this the right way. How is walking down the street enough of a provocation of to make some guy run down people in the car.

Being a woman I see a scary parallel to people saying if women didn't want to get raped they shouldn't do X. Don't walk down the street wearing the wrong clothing, talk to a man in a bar, or kiss someone without the expectation they might incite a rape. NO. That is just wrong. The rapist is a sick, twisted individual. These people are sick and twisted too. This isn't like being on the playground where you just get up and leave the sandbox. These people are sh1tting in the sandbox. You stay and tell them no.

The book sale thing is good idea but this wasn't a book sale that was planned.

Comment

Because of course.
                      Now, it's not that spending the weekend on an all-out, raging, bourbon and meth jag, might lead to the belief that there is a globalist Jewish conspiracy to dress up as famous old white supremacist groups and stage Soros-funded marches, all to make conservatives look bad. I'm not saying that's the case. I'm certainly not trying to impugn Alex's character here. I'm only asking the question.

Comment

Big presser by the Governor, Mayor of Boston, the Chief of Police in Boston, State Police spokesman, NAACP, etc all talking about the rally for 'Free Speech' (organizers trying to tell us they are not neo-Natzis but have the same speakers as this past weekend). Already denouncing the knuckledraggers, saying they are not going to tolerate any misbehaviour from anybody. There is no known permit but there is chatter on social media for a counter march.

The difference is we are a civilized state so they can't carry weapons. The weapons thing is dam scary

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          The difference is we are a civilized state so they can't carry weapons.
                          That's what you think. Many of them will carry concealed - it's what these idiots do.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Big presser by the Governor, Mayor of Boston, the Chief of Police in Boston, State Police spokesman, NAACP, etc all talking about the rally for 'Free Speech' (organizers trying to tell us they are not neo-Natzis but have the same speakers as this past weekend). Already denouncing the knuckledraggers, saying they are not going to tolerate any misbehaviour from anybody. There is no known permit but there is chatter on social media for a counter march.

The difference is we are a civilized state so they can't carry weapons. The weapons thing is dam scary
                            I hope people I know stay as far away from that as possible. It's impossible to tell if people are carrying guns and I almost think the unknown makes for a more dangerous situation. I also worry they are going to try to pull something and equate it to a modern day 'Boston Massacre.'
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He has it both ways. His people get to say he renounced them, but they know from his first reaction that it's a wink.

He's shocked, shocked do you hear that there's racist hatred among the Deplorables.
                              Who knew race issues could be so difficult? NO ONE KNEW!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Who knew race issues could be so difficult? NO ONE KNEW!
                                The Thumpers chime in.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X