Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...alation-241526

**** me...

Also, didn't this ******* say he wasn't going to reveal his plans?
    And people didn't vote for Hillary because, why?

jfc.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      fiscal/social scale and how they voted. There is an almost empty quadrant..

@RyanTAnd: Almost no "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" voters. But sure, build your electoral strategy that way... @WSJopinion @fbuckley https://***********/RyanTAnd/status/...915073/photo/1
      That poll very my depends on how they define "fiscally conservative"

Is it just about cutting the budget and "making the government smaller"? But not actually balancing the budget? That's exactly what R's have been doing since 1980.

Or does it mean a government that dose stuff, but does it with a more balance budget? As of yet, D's have not deviated from that plan.

I've never understood how real R voters can stand by their party worry so much about the deficit and debt, when their party has been the one who built that up via their votes over the decades. It's always- increase military spending, cut other funding not equally, and then cut taxes. When was the last actual balanced budget that R's have come out with? President Clinton at least has a surplus by the time he was done.

So, again, as every poll- the results are very dependent on what the question was, and how "fiscally conservative" was defined.

Comment

Trump Does Not Like Being Criticized

Originally posted by Bloomberg
        President Donald Trump laid out a path for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to get back in his good graces: replace Obamacare, overhaul the U.S. tax code and find a way to pay for big infrastructure improvements.
        Overhauling the Tax Code will be next to impossible since they most likely cant do it with Reconciliation and the Democratic Caucus went Grover Nordquist on the bit and signed a pledge saying they wont vote for any tax reform that cuts taxes on the wealthy or increases the deficit. (according to the article 45 of 48 signed it) Unless they find a way to make it revenue neutral Paul Ryan's keg stand dreams will pass away into the ether.

You gotta love the balls on Donny...I doubt Mitch is crying that the Orange Baboon doesnt like him anymore.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Overhauling the Tax Code will be next to impossible since they most likely cant do it with Reconciliation and the Democratic Caucus went Grover Nordquist on the bit and signed a pledge saying they wont vote for any tax reform that cuts taxes on the wealthy or increases the deficit. (according to the article 45 of 48 signed it) Unless they find a way to make it revenue neutral Paul Ryan's keg stand dreams will pass away into the ether.
          Pledges are stupid.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Independent I believe.
            That makes sense. I'm an "Independent" as well, but I have never voted for a Republican for President. Indeed, most Independents that I know are solidly in the middle of either the left or the right. Sicatoka seems to fit this to a tee, solidly in the middle of the right. Now, if Sicatoka claimed to be a Centrist, well...then we'd have another Fishy on our hands.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Pledges are stupid.
              "Thank you sir, may I have another"......

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Pledges are stupid.
                Maybe but with how wishy washy Dems tend to be they need them (and they work just ask Grover)

The Man Trump Wants to Be Head of the USDA

Originally posted by The Daily Dot
                Here’s a quick list of facts you may want to know about Clovis as he goes before the Senate for his confirmation hearing.

A former public policy and business professor at Morning Side College in Iowa, Clovis is not a scientist. For comparison’s sake, the USDA’s chief scientist under former President Barack Obama, Dr. Catherine Woteki, was the global director of science affairs for Mars, Inc. (the candy company), where she oversaw its research into health and nutrition; served as dean of agriculture at Iowa State University; and served as first Under Secretary for Food Safety at USDA from 1997 until 2001. She holds an M.S. and Ph.D in human nutrition from Virginia Tech and a B.S. in biology and chemistry from Mary Washington College.
                Clovis is not a farmer, although he is from the agriculture-heavy state of Iowa.
                Clovis, like Trump, spread birther conspiracy theories about Obama. He also claimed Obama wanted to “enslave” his opponents.
                In a 2012 blog post, Clovis called former Attorney General Eric Holder, who is Black, a “racist bigot.”
                In emails leaked prior to Clovis joining the Trump campaign, he questioned the then-candidate’s “moral center and his foundational beliefs.” (At the time, Clovis supported former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who is now Trump’s energy secretary.)
                Back in 2013, Clovis rejected the idea that climate change is “settled science” and asserted that it is instead a “nonsensical theory” invented by liberals to give the impression that they can create “perfect weather.” At a Farm Foundation Forum last October, he told E&E News that “we need more science” before Trump could craft policy. As chief scientist, Clovis would oversee the USDA’s climate change research.
                Clovis currently serves as the White House adviser to the USDA.
                During the 2016 election season, Clovis served as co-chair of Trump’s national campaign.
                Good lord...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  That makes sense. I'm an "Independent" as well, but I have never voted for a Republican for President. Indeed, most Independents that I know are solidly in the middle of either the left or the right. Sicatoka seems to fit this to a tee, solidly in the middle of the right. Now, if Sicatoka claimed to be a Centrist, well...then we'd have another Fishy on our hands.
                  This. There is no such thing as an actual Independent, it's just a label for people who eschew labels. But they're just as partisan and locked in as the party members.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Good lord...
                    It will get worse before it gets better. There are a huge number of these people out there.

The thing this election taught is that gatekeepers are good and the mob is a foolish, fearful, wild animal. The mob themselves will even eventually learn this, but there is too much destructive power and we can't afford the lesson.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

You gotta love the balls on Donny...I doubt Mitch is crying that the Orange Baboon doesnt like him anymore.
                      Dems are correct on taxes for once. 1) No tax cuts for the rich, and 2) it has to be paid for. This basically gives cover to the Dems in vulnerable seats as most Americans actually agree with this and its clear and concise. Let Goopers tear themselves apart between bought and paid for corp types (Ryan) and nationalists (Bannon). I believe Schumer made that statement and I have to say the guy has surprised me so far in that he's been a far better Senate leader of the Dems than I ever expected.

I think Itch is worried because somebody's actually calling him out on being impotent when it comes to actually passing legislation. The lamestream media has been too lazy or afraid to since they keep pimping press releases from his campaign saying how he's a genius and never count him out and all that nonsense. There's zero he can do to avoid a Trump twitter onslaught however and its putting the ancient knuckledragger in an uncomfortable position.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Dems are correct on taxes for once. 1) No tax cuts for the rich, and 2) it has to be paid for. This basically gives cover to the Dems in vulnerable seats as most Americans actually agree with this and its clear and concise. Let Goopers tear themselves apart between bought and paid for corp types (Ryan) and nationalists (Bannon). I believe Schumer made that statement and I have to say the guy has surprised me so far in that he's been a far better Senate leader of the Dems than I ever expected.
                        Agreed on Schumer. He and Pelosi are both excellent tacticians. They don't have an overarching strategy but that is rarely driven by Congressional leadership -- it's either something that rises from the grassroots (Occupy, Bernie) or is injected by the presidential nominee (Obama's Hopey Change stuff).

We do need to give the voters something to get excited about. While the truth is there has to be a unified course change for the US across all policies, the political and psychological reality is that has to be embodied is a few high profile, easily understood policies. We have to stop the wall, but our banner can't just be "Stop the Wall!" It has to be something like "bring ALL Americans in from the cold and under the protection and also the responsibilities of citizenship." All the good people being roughed up by the ICE SS are going to make for plangent case studies and examples (and ads).

You and I disagree on whether we should stress economic justice -- I believe a return to the overall tax philosophy pre-JFK is the key driver of American economic growth, the health of the middle class, and the decimation of the 1% parasites, and I also believe it will resonate with most voters, even some who voted for Trump out of anger and powerlessness. But we can at least agree that an absolute "no" to tax cuts for the wealthy is the sine qua non.

Finally I'm going to make a lot of people unhappy by saying we should drop the litmus tests for reproductive rights and gun control. I am fully committed to strengthening both, but I prefer to have blue dog Dems in red states who vote with us sometimes than straight ticket Republicans. We get into trouble with the blue dogs only when we cater to them. My strategy is we allow non-socially-liberal candidates to run and win as Dems and we support them against any opposition from the right, but that's it. We don't horse trade with them, and we always try to primary them. But come the general we try to pick up and hold seats.
                        Cornell University

Comment

The problem is the media is making Mitch a sympathetic figure now. He's not. I'll continue to enjoy Trump's destruction of the Turtle anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I think Itch is worried because somebody's actually calling him out on being impotent when it comes to actually passing legislation. The lamestream media has been too lazy or afraid to since they keep pimping press releases from his campaign saying how he's a genius and never count him out and all that nonsense. There's zero he can do to avoid a Trump twitter onslaught however and its putting the ancient knuckledragger in an uncomfortable position.
                            As a conservative I thought Schumer's statement made a ton of sense. Why we would even consider lowering taxes on top brackets is completely beyond me, unless we have decided to give up on ever having a balanced budget. The most interesting thing in this for me is the deduction for state taxes. If that goes away it will be a big blow to CA, NY, MA, etc.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              It's a weird world where Nikki Haley counts as a "wise old head."

(Reading between the lines, two of her UN aides quit because they opposed her policy of not being just a blowhard swinging d-ck on the world stage. Presumably she'll p-ss off Donnie Dumpster at some point.)
                              Nah, she's played it pretty cool to this point. She may not fully agree with Dump in some areas, but she's been a good foot soldier for him. I suspect she's got her sights on potentially being the veep half of the 2020 or 2024 GOP ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Agreed on Schumer. He and Pelosi are both excellent tacticians. They don't have an overarching strategy but that is rarely driven by Congressional leadership -- it's either something that rises from the grassroots (Occupy, Bernie) or is injected by the presidential nominee (Obama's Hopey Change stuff).

We do need to give the voters something to get excited about. While the truth is there has to be a unified course change for the US across all policies, the political and psychological reality is that has to be embodied is a few high profile, easily understood policies. We have to stop the wall, but our banner can't just be "Stop the Wall!" It has to be something like "bring ALL Americans in from the cold and under the protection and also the responsibilities of citizenship." All the good people being roughed up by the ICE SS are going to make for plangent case studies and examples (and ads).

You and I disagree on whether we should stress economic justice -- I believe a return to the overall tax philosophy pre-JFK is the key driver of American economic growth, the health of the middle class, and the decimation of the 1% parasites, and I also believe it will resonate with most voters, even some who voted for Trump out of anger and powerlessness. But we can at least agree that an absolute "no" to tax cuts for the wealthy is the sine qua non.

Finally I'm going to make a lot of people unhappy by saying we should drop the litmus tests for reproductive rights and gun control. I am fully committed to strengthening both, but I prefer to have blue dog Dems in red states who vote with us sometimes than straight ticket Republicans. We get into trouble with the blue dogs only when we cater to them. My strategy is we allow non-socially-liberal candidates to run and win as Dems and we support them against any opposition from the right, but that's it. We don't horse trade with them, and we always try to primary them. But come the general we try to pick up and hold seats.
                                I've said this quite a few times, but I think you would attract a lot of people if you dropped the gun control nonsense. All the dems have to do is take the position that it should be decided at state level. Except for the hardcore Bloomberg types I think it would more or less satisfy most people. The ironic thing is that I don't think many dems really know or care that much about the issue, other than its one of their positions.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X