Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Continue.

Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Joe said
    The same ID that allows you to get past a TSA checkpoint or drive a car should be sufficient.
    Last time I checked, neither of those ID's were free. Which makes them a poll tax.

Comment

Subscribed
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Joe said

Last time I checked, neither of those ID's were free. Which makes them a poll tax.
        That doesn't mean that either you can't offer a free one that offers the "privilege" of voting, or give people that have a paid ID the opportunity to also gain that "privilege". Sort of like the argument between using public vs. private/parochial/charter schools.

Comment

Drew Said:

If they can't be fair, they shouldn't happen. So do you and others support letting anyone vote, regardless of whether they are legal or not?
          Who said anything about allowing people to vote who are not legal to vote???

Do you have actual proof that there are people who are illegally voting? I'm not talking about people who are registered in two locations illegally- unless they are trying to vote in both.

I'm talking actual evidence that there are people voting that are not legal to vote. Actual votes.

There's plenty of evidence of voter suppression going on, especially when it comes to paying for an ID which is a requirement to vote. Or how PITA that people want registration to become, as a means to suppress the poor vote. These are for very legal voters. Or the set up that makes it VERY time consuming to actually vote.

Here's a new twist- your team seems to want real proof that global warming is real, how about generating some real proof that voter fraud is happening and is significant.

Comment

I have to admit, "Fake News Suppression Polls" is an inspired new one.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle
              honestly, I would probably be okay with a voter ID requirement provided:

1) it is free
              2) it can be obtained at any post office and town/city hall and is printed on site (no waiting 3 months for them to mail you a card) (could even print on-site for Maine's same-day voter registration)
              3) states are given 4 years to implement
              This. I would add more locations to #2 where IDs could be obtained, but this is an extremely fair way to ensure that all voters are legally allowed to do so.

Ultimately, there is zero actual proof of mass voter fraud. There are a lot of people that like to point to irregularities in voter registration, but I have never seen any actual proof showing a connection between irregularities in voter registration and mass voter fraud. Hell, several of the people in Trump's administration were found to have been registered in multiple states.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                That doesn't mean that either you can't offer a free one that offers the "privilege" of voting, or give people that have a paid ID the opportunity to also gain that "privilege". Sort of like the argument between using public vs. private/parochial/charter schools.
                Uh, voting isn't a privilege, it's a right. This isn't driving a car, it's voting for your representation.

Poll tax is unconstitutional.

So IF ID is required, it must be free. Which states that require a voter ID is giving them out?

What's so funny about the desire to have a voter ID, it comes from the same people who don't want some kind of national ID, as it will be used wrong. GOTTA have an ID to vote, but ID's are evil. Make up your mind, as voting isn't evil, it's my right.

Comment

We keep talking about Voter IDs and looking for ways to make sure appropriate people are voting... I'm surprised no one has yet brought up the use of Social Security numbers...

Comment

Uh, voting isn't a privilege, it's a right. This isn't driving a car, it's voting for your representation.

Poll tax is unconstitutional.

So IF ID is required, it must be free. Which states that require a voter ID is giving them out?

What's so funny about the desire to have a voter ID, it comes from the same people who don't want some kind of national ID, as it will be used wrong. GOTTA have an ID to vote, but ID's are evil. Make up your mind, as voting isn't evil, it's my right.
                    Voter IDs turns it into a privilege. I've already stated I'm against Voter IDs for previously stated reasons. I'm just pointing out the flaws in the arguments that are being made.

Comment

That 5.7 million people committing voter fraud figure was cited by Trump not Harvard lmao.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/ar-AApOcyn?li=BBnb7Kz
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

All of them offer a free ID, because it would be a poll tax otherwise. The catch is that you have to go to the DMV in the capital on the 5th Tuesday of the month between the hours of 10 and 11 am to get it. And you have to ask for it by its specific technical name or they'll boot you out of line.

Comment

Mandate the states have to accept SSID and issue a federal SSID, free, replaceable immediately. Done. When the Birchers say "6-" slap them in the head before they can finish with "-66!" This is their own wrinkly old racist as-ses' fault.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              That 5.7 million people committing voter fraud figure was cited by Trump not Harvard lmao.
                              Yeah I think we all assumed it was bull**** without a second thought.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                              X