Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Now that it's Tuesday morning, and dump just confirmed who most of us thought he was, which opened the eye up of many other Americans, it seems that dump just keeps digging holes deeper to make him less and less effective as a President. For a guy who seems to have a strong desire to be like his BFF vlad, he's doing an awesome job gutting the office of the President to do anything.

More and more, people are standing up to his BS- you see 2 more business leaders leave his manufacturing group for a total of 3 so far; AND the kind of criticism that other Republicans are throwing at him- yea. the "fear" is leaving.

I now see it even LESS likely that we will have tax reform by the 2018 election. Less likely that a wall will be built. MORE likely that a general will step in and not do what dump orders him to do as it's reactionary and not a reasonable response.

For all of you guys standing up for dump, are you still happy?

Comment

I can't find the post that listed dump Jones' comments about him thinking that the actual protesters were not real neo-nazis, but they looked like Jews....

First of all, this exact same think happened in Germany. Brownshirts went around beating up people and vandalizing stuff- and it was blamed on social democrats, Jews, and Gypsies (and more).

Second, if you didn't realize it already, dumb Jones is clearly a racists nazi. So by continuing to quote him for actual news, it's pretty clear which side of that you stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        c. No. Though I think history will judge him harshly.
        nope. Obama will be well regarded
        especially when you take into account who came before him and who came after him, and the vow to "make him a one term president"

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          especially when you take into account who came before him and who came after him, and the vow to "make him a one term president"
          Not sure what joe is thinking there. The two worst President's arguably of all time are before and after him. Obama is going down as a great President no matter what.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            They're not helping.

(Though since Flag was all for the guy building the stairs in that one town because he did it for a fraction of the cost, I assume he's for this too since the cost of a single rope is very cheap. :P)
            I guess I disagree here. Protestors in Kiev toppling the Lenin statue began the movement to remove all communist monuments in Ukraine. With states like Alabama trying to (or maybe they did) pass laws that don't allow name changes to schools or buildings named after confederates, maybe it needs to be a movement of the people. Of course, with the way NC is going, they'll just make it illegal to protest within 200 yards of a statue or something.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I guess I disagree here. Protestors in Kiev toppling the Lenin statue began the movement to remove all communist monuments in Ukraine. With states like Alabama trying to (or maybe they did) pass laws that don't allow name changes to schools or buildings named after confederates, maybe it needs to be a movement of the people. Of course, with the way NC is going, they'll just make it illegal to protest within 200 yards of a statue or something.
              Yeah especially when some of these statues like the one in VA were erected something like 60 years after the civil war (geeeee I wonder why that would have happened in the south).

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Not sure what joe is thinking there. The two worst President's arguably of all time are before and after him. Obama is going down as a great President no matter what.
                This. In a hundred years Obama is going to be seen as a statesman and who had the fortune, good for the country, ill for his presidency, to be opposed by a violent reactionary movement in its death throes. He may be regarded as the man who saved the country from either a second civil war or becoming a fascist apartheid state -- holding the line just long enough that when the darkness did envelop the country after him it wasn't able to swallow everything up before it was rejected and American values were restored. Historians will play "What If?" games where Trumpism rose a decade earlier and the US became a white supremacist Dominionist state.

There have only been two men of character in the White House in the last fifty years: Carter and Obama. Though neither was able to accomplish much in an active direction they will be remembered as having cropped the Great Reaction by 4 years at the beginning and 8 years near the end, thus helping the nation survive that cancer.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  To a large degree I think he made the best of what he had to work with. In 100 years or whatever I'm pretty confident historians will look at the post 9/11 period as one of the worst in our history.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Although I'm sure you'll just deflect again you should watch this: “Charlottesville: Race and Terror”
                    I saw it on HBO.

My bad. I forgot how many people around here got led by the nose into believing that as a result of November's election they were instantly transported 75 years back to Nazi Germany, but this time they are going to do something about it. Sorry I attempted to throw a cold bucket of reality onto the situation.

But in other news, I see now that the "Anti" group has pulled down a confederate statue in North Carolina, so that's nice. Looks like we get to spend the next four years, at least, with competing mobs of people who organize to either spew vile statements, to pull down and destroy public memorials, or to just confront the other group with violence. Problem solving by flash mob. Seems like a perfect definition of the current generation.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Yeah especially when some of these statues like the one in VA were erected something like 60 years after the civil war (geeeee I wonder why that would have happened in the south).
                      It is interesting that the history people are forgetting the history of the statues. They all should be torn down. We know why they were built.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I saw it on HBO.

My bad. I forgot how many people around here got led by the nose into believing that as a result of November's election they were instantly transported 75 years back to Nazi Germany, but this time they are going to do something about it. Sorry I attempted to throw a cold bucket of reality onto the situation.

But in other news, I see now that the "Anti" group has pulled down a confederate statue in North Carolina, so that's nice. Looks like we get to spend the next four years, at least, with competing mobs of people who organize to either spew vile statements, to pull down and destroy public memorials, or to just confront the other group with violence. Problem solving by flash mob. Seems like a perfect definition of the current generation.
                        Dead woman = broken statue. Nice.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          You thought they would think different?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Although I'm sure you'll just deflect again you should watch this: “Charlottesville: Race and Terror”
                            By the way, that is exactly what I was talking about yesterday as to how you handle these clowns. You don't send in an angry group of paralegals and school teachers for a fight on the street. You expose them. You conduct the interview and let them spew their nonsense, on camera, for all the world to see.

I saw a story last night that someone opened up a twitter account where you can identify people you recognize in pictures taken of the white supremacists. You let them speak, you photo them, you video them, you expose them for what they are and who they are and let society as a whole handle the rest. You don't wade into a street brawl.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              C'mon. Seriously here.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                By the way, that is exactly what I was talking about yesterday as to how you handle these clowns. You don't send in an angry group of paralegals and school teachers for a fight on the street. You expose them. You conduct the interview and let them spew their nonsense, on camera, for all the world to see.

I saw a story last night that someone opened up a twitter account where you can identify people you recognize in pictures taken of the white supremacists. You let them speak, you photo them, you video them, you expose them for what they are and who they are and let society as a whole handle the rest. You don't wade into a street brawl.
                                Big problem. Society is electing them to be President.

Also, every one of those statues needs to come down. We know why they were built. We know what they mean to these people. They need to go. And before you disagree because of history and all that let me remind you that it's history that these people are voting out of history textbooks. It's time for *** for tat and their statues and flag need to go. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X