Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    North Carolina proves again that they're lost. Lost.
    Republicans passed a bunch of things knowing they may lose the governor's race to hamper the dems in fixing issues.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      The swastika actually has a rich and noble history in many unique cultures before the Nazis appropriated it for evil. Your point is taken, but bad comparison (it's somewhat interesting that primitive people on different continents independently used it as an important symbol)
      True. And that's one of reasons Hitler chose it, because of its past history. There are many minor variations of it over history, and even Hitler (remember, he was an art major) tweaked it for Germany's final version.

The Finnish Air Force used it before Nazi Germany. After WWII, they stopped using it.

A U.S. Army unit located out west used it as part of their symbol because they were honoring the local Native American tribe which had used it for centuries because it meant good luck to them. When WWII started, needless to say, the Army unit changed their logo.

Those of you "oldtimers" from the Hockey-L days may remember a photo someone found from an early 1900s Canadian newspaper showing a female hockey team, nicknamed the "Swastikas." I think I still have that photo somewhere. Back then, it was perfectly acceptable to use a nickname and team logo like that. Now, it seems so weird.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Republicans passed a bunch of things knowing they may lose the governor's race to hamper the dems in fixing issues.
        It was on my list of great new places to live. Now, I wouldn't move there if you paid me.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          It's fun to watch brent twist himself into knots trying to defend a racist symbol while still trying to condemn racism.

"You know, the swastika, as we know it now, has come to mean..."
          You are a complete and utter moron if you think I'm defending a racist symbol.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Right but the NC Supreme Court overruled them.

The Swastika is used in China and Hong still as a symbol of peace.

On a different note it seems lots of Trumpers are comparing the Neo Nazis to BLM. When the recent shooting in Minneapolis happened (White Lady) BLM protested for her and supported her family. Would the Neo Nazis do that? BLM may be d-bags a lot of the time, but no matter how much the Fraudbots and the Racists pretend they are not the same.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Right but the NC Supreme Court overruled them.

The Swastika is used in China and Hong still as a symbol of peace.

On a different note it seems lots of Trumpers are comparing the Neo Nazis to BLM. When the recent shooting in Minneapolis happened (White Lady) BLM protested for her and supported her family. Would the Neo Nazis do that? BLM may be d-bags a lot of the time, but no matter how much the Fraudbots and the Racists pretend they are not the same.
              BLM and the Neos aren't even close to the same. I can't even begin to see how some would think that.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Can we get rid of Mount Rushmore? Teddy Roosevelt wasn't fond of those darned Indians. This is the precedent we are setting as a nation. Just sayin'.
                Thank you, President Trump. You realize President Trump is pulling the same centrist crap you always do, don't you?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Those of you "oldtimers" from the Hockey-L days may remember a photo someone found from an early 1900s Canadian newspaper showing a female hockey team, nicknamed the "Swastikas." I think I still have that photo somewhere. Back then, it was perfectly acceptable to use a nickname and team logo like that. Now, it seems so weird.
                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Swastikas
                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernie_Swastikas
                  Also a third team in Edmonton.

And prior to it's misappropriation, it was a symbol of luck throughout many cultures, especially Pagan beliefs.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Thank you, President Trump. You realize President Trump is pulling the same centrist crap you always do, don't you?
                    I explained earlier why I think that. If you choose to ignore why I think that, or haven't read my reasons, then that is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Washington: was a traitor against Britain. Slave owner. Pretty darn good general.
                      RE Lee: was a traitor against USA. Slave owner. Not as good of a general.

Yeah, false equivalency.

I am not FOR keeping the monuments. I am thinking this is a dangerous precedent for future events.
                      Again, thank you President Trump.

Comment

Heard today at work: "every single person who was at that protest was wrong. On both sides."

That poison is deep.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Heard today at work: "every single person who was at that protest was wrong. On both sides."

That poison is deep.
                          Yep. This is the narrative now. Conservatives will all run for that tent if they can for cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That poison is deep.
                            The antis who are/were peaceful protesters are innocents. The antis with clubs or who wanted to start a violent confrontation are not.

The civil rights movement won because they never attacked when hit with fire hoses and dogs and, yes, when some were murdered. Dr. King realized Gahndi won while Jeff Davis lost.
                            Last edited by joecct; 08-16-2017, 08:23 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              If you told them Lee urged reconciliation and applied to get his citizenship to the United States back after the war, they wouldn't know what you're talking about because they have no interest in historical facts.
                              Lee probably would have gotten it if it wasn't for faux news running stories 24/7 that spread lies about him!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Time to stop being politically correct and just say it. The President of the United States is a racist.

But members of the president’s staff, stunned and disheartened, said they never expected to hear such a voluble articulation of opinions that the president had long expressed in private. National Economic Council Chairman Gary Cohn and Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin, who are Jewish, stood by uncomfortably as the president exacerbated a controversy that has once again engulfed a White House in disarray.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X