Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1007

Thread: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

  1. #261
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,081
    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    It's naturally crap. Dude said he owns a different car and is at a wedding in Michigan.
    Figures.

    That just means he's part of the Deep State conspiracy!

  2. #262

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,069

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Just in case, advice on how to survive the Bomb.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cture%253Anews

  3. #263
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    33,424

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Just in case, advice on how to survive the Bomb.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cture%253Anews
    Wasn't that drilled into you back in the old days. Just look for the yellow and black civil defense sign The nuns told us to run to the basement and not look out the window
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  4. #264
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,726

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Isnt Mueller a Republican by voting record? Is Faux actually suggesting the GOP is plotting against their own President? Fraudbot would be so proud!!
    He is a secret Dem or he is part of the GOP elitist conspiracy. they aren't eating their own, they are flushing out the double agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Still hasn't said a word about the mosque bombing in Minnesota.
    Or the Marines who died in the crash

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    When will the President call out white supremacy terrorism by name?
    Wait, let me hold my breath.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Just in case, advice on how to survive the Bomb.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cture%253Anews
    Some of us are old enough to remember how without help.

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    2,764

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Some of us are old enough to remember how without help.
    Just hide under your desk right?

  6. #266
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,081

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Just in case, advice on how to survive the Bomb.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cture%253Anews
    You mean this doesn't work?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  7. #267

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,069

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Just hide under your desk right?
    Two choices.
    Hide under desk and put your hands over your head (duck and cover)
    Get out to the corridor, lean against the wall with your hands over your head.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,109

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Can you imagine if thousands of Blacks had torches and marched in this manner? We have people on this site (and others I frequent) that have called for cars to plow through peaceful protests by BLM...

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,053

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Can you imagine if thousands of Blacks had torches and marched in this manner? We have people on this site (and others I frequent) that have called for cars to plow through peaceful protests by BLM...
    Why let this thing go forward? I support free speech and all that, but certainly common sense should prevail. There was only going to be one result and it just further fans the flames. The globe is running a piece calling this a modern day Fort Sumter moment. It's all completely unnecessary.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  10. #270
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Can you imagine if thousands of Blacks had torches and marched in this manner? We have people on this site (and others I frequent) that have called for cars to plow through peaceful protests by BLM...
    Please tell me who on this site has called for that sort of violence. I know it exists in social media (one of the reasons I hate most social media) but I can't recall seeing anything like that here. If it did happen, we all need to put that poster on ignore and eliminate their ability to spread hate on at least one platform.

  11. #271
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,726

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Just hide under your desk right?
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Two choices.
    Hide under desk and put your hands over your head (duck and cover)
    Get out to the corridor, lean against the wall with your hands over your head.
    The second one. I could sing a long too. Turned out my Dad was site admin for one of the overseas satellite monitoring sites watching the Russians (they decom'd it a few yrs ago. We never knew what he did)
    He always took that stuff very seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Why let this thing go forward? I support free speech and all that, but certainly common sense should prevail. There was only going to be one result and it just further fans the flames. The globe is running a piece calling this a modern day Fort Sumter moment. It's all completely unnecessary.
    Confused. What is all unnecessary?
    Last edited by leswp1; 08-12-2017 at 07:54 PM.

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,053

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    The second one. I could sing a long too. Turned out my Dad was site admin for one of the overseas satellite monitoring sites watching the Russians (they decom'd it a few yrs ago. We never knew what he did)
    He always took that stuff very seriously
    Confused. What is all unnecessary?
    The whole sad event the last few days. It was planned way in advance. What exactly did the powers that be think would happen?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  13. #273
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    The whole sad event the last few days. It was planned way in advance. What exactly did the powers that be think would happen?
    What "powers that be"?

    You claiming the government is organizing White Supremancy marches now?

    I'd wager the white supremacists figured that what would happen would be something like this. Which is why they organized the march in the first place. You got a problem with that, then call out the ones responsible, and quit with this false equivalency mealy mouthed half-assed, "it's all so unnecessary" BS.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,053

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    What "powers that be"?

    You claiming the government is organizing White Supremancy marches now?

    I'd wager the white supremacists figured that what would happen would be something like this. Which is why they organized the march in the first place. You got a problem with that, then call out the ones responsible, and quit with this false equivalency mealy mouthed half-assed, "it's all so unnecessary" BS.
    It absolutely sickens me and shouldn't be allowed to happen. My point is why let them have the march or rally or whatever you call it? Charlottesville/Virginia should have told them to go **** themselves when they tried to organize the event. Allowing something like this to go forward does no one any good.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  15. #275
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,081

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Please tell me who on this site has called for that sort of violence. I know it exists in social media (one of the reasons I hate most social media) but I can't recall seeing anything like that here. If it did happen, we all need to put that poster on ignore and eliminate their ability to spread hate on at least one platform.
    No one has outright said protesters should be plowed over, but there have been folks (Brent in particular) who have previously expressed sympathy for drivers boxed-in by protesters who block roads when they do not have permission to shut them down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    It absolutely sickens me and shouldn't be allowed to happen. My point is why let them have the march or rally or whatever you call it? Charlottesville/Virginia should have told them to go **** themselves when they tried to organize the event. Allowing something like this to go forward does no one any good.
    I'm sure there were 1A lawsuit concerns had they denied the permits. The authorities would've had to prove there was a reasonable expectation of civil unrest and bodily harm to those involved, even with a strong police presence.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  16. #276
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,081

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Meanwhile, Liz Warren fed the base some red meat today (no word on if it was sustainably-sourced, and/or grass-fed).
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  17. #277
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    27,082

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No one has outright said protesters should be plowed over, but there have been folks (Brent in particular) who have previously expressed sympathy for drivers boxed-in by protesters who block roads when they do not have permission to shut them down.



    I'm sure there were 1A lawsuit concerns had they denied the permits. The authorities would've had to prove there was a reasonable expectation of civil unrest and bodily harm to those involved, even with a strong police presence.
    I think people (including the authorities) got more uneasy about their permits when they started showing up with Nazi flags, baseball bats, body armor, and guns.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,109
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Please tell me who on this site has called for that sort of violence. I know it exists in social media (one of the reasons I hate most social media) but I can't recall seeing anything like that here. If it did happen, we all need to put that poster on ignore and eliminate their ability to spread hate on at least one platform.
    I can't remember offhand but it was said about the protests in minnesota.
    Last edited by Handyman; 08-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

  19. #279
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    False equivalency. That phrase has been used on this site 100s, maybe 1000s of times in recent months. I think it is key to why we may never again see any true bipartisanship or dialogue among opposite sides. You see, I don't give a 5h!t what the right says, the right -- in the current landscape -- is the problem. There is no equivalency, false or otherwise.

    Whatever factions have taken over the right, the conservatives, the republican party, that is where the blame should be squarely placed. This is no different that a schoolyard spat between a nice kid and a bully. We don't try to find and place equivalent blame there, because it usually doesn't exist. The bully who beats your kid up if he doesn't fork over his milk money is the problem. End of story.

    But the left has been so weak-kneed and mealy mouthed since the Carter presidency that we've given in to this whole notion of the false equivalency. It's why CNN feels the need to have some republican climate change denier on when they give Bill Nye 3 minutes to talk about climate change. It's why NPR gives an equal platform to Newt Gingrich and lets him claim 98% of the Justice Department was in the Clinton campaign's pocket and doing their bidding. It's why anytime a story is reported that paints trump in a negative light, you can be sure there will be someone there to stick a microphone in some right wing mouthpiece's face and let him or her spew some bull5h!t about how there was violence and arrests at a Black Lives Matter rally too.

    Politicians, in times of crisis, like to parrot the line about how "this is not the time for blame, this is the time for coming together and taking care of those in need" after some disaster. But then who is to blame always gets lost in the shuffle and then we forget to actually blame somebody. When 25 kids get massacred God forbid a politician should say "we need to do SOMETHING about keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill" because someone on the right will then say "this is not the time for us to talk about the politics." Byproducts of the "false equivalency" syndrome.

    The right needs to grow the balls to stand up and take the blame. Take the blame for trump. Take the blame for Charlottesville. Take the blame for the horrible evils that have come from generations of policies that have grown the income divide to obscene proportions and for a law enforcement culture that has young black men fearing for their lives and some white cops literally killing at will. Take the blame for turning their backs on science and creating a culture of mistrust for education. These things are not the fault of the left and progressives.

    Maybe if the right will admit their guilt, man up if you will, I can begin to think they are serious about wanting to come together and really find common ground and common sense solutions. Until then, I'm going to go on placing the blame squarely where it belongs. I am no longer going to even acknowledge or recognize another one of the right's false equivalencies. It shouldn't be too hard to figure thwm out. Anymore, that's all they've got.

  20. #280
    lucky penguin
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,661

    Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No one has outright said protesters should be plowed over, but there have been folks (Brent in particular) who have previously expressed sympathy for drivers boxed-in by protesters who block roads when they do not have permission to shut them down.
    Let's also not forget the gaping *******s here that thought the alt-right made some really good points(Wisko) and that they were funny like South Park(Sicatoka).
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •