Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I agree. Regardless of what tone we take in political discussions with people we each engage with (I was talking about engaging with your average Trump voter), the actual terrorists need to be locked up. Every person, especially conservatives, need to be clear in condemning the nazis. We also shouldn't play identity politics by equating every gun owner or white man with them, identity politics just causes more problems.
    I had a Trump voter staying at my house all week...he condemned the Nazis but then blamed the media. Trumpers are a scary bunch.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      As I said before, as soon as their abhorrent speech turns into criminal actions, let the authorities handle it. The limited footage that I saw on the evening news and CNN.com made it appear that the violence occurred when the protesters met up with the anti-protesters. But if there was violence by the protesters before the confrontation by the anti-protesters, call the cops. I can't believe people think that a better alternative is just assembling your own mob and wading in.
      So a bunch of Rednecks with small dicks and automatic weapons cant handle when a bunch Liberal Elitists and Der Darky Friends tell them they are wrong so they go violent? Pretty easy to see who is to blame for what happened and it isnt the Anti-Protesters.

But yeah when people are protecting statues of traitors and wearing uniforms of Facists who millions died defeating we should just ignore it cause it will just go away. How did that work in the South post Civil War?

Where was all "turn the other cheek" stuff at Standing Rock? Can I victim blame the cops and the oil company?
      Last edited by Handyman; 08-14-2017, 12:05 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I had a Trump voter staying at my house all week...he condemned the Nazis but then blamed the media. Trumpers are a scary bunch.
        Soul-searching isn't a conservative value. They view it as weak.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Monsters, unchallenged, breed more monsters.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Walking through the break room, someone had the TV in there tuned to Fox News. Their graphics had written that Trump was branding the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacists as criminals, thugs. It only took him until today to actually denounce them. The funny part is that there went his reelection bid.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Honestly, that's one of the things that really bothers me about this event.

This didn't feel like a situation where you had the right wing mob start to attack some bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time, and another mob of people came together to protect the victim and fight back. This felt like an anti-Trump mob, a group angry, bitter and frustrated with an election nine months ago, spoiling for a fight, and as you noted in your post, now feeling a whole lot better about themselves for extracting their pound of flesh even at the cost of some poor girl's life.
              Go incognito and do a little fact checking. You might be surprised. Probably not in a good way.

Comment

As I said before, as soon as their abhorrent speech turns into criminal actions, let the authorities handle it. The limited footage that I saw on the evening news and CNN.com made it appear that the violence occurred when the protesters met up with the anti-protesters. But if there was violence by the protesters before the confrontation by the anti-protesters, call the cops. I can't believe people think that a better alternative is just assembling your own mob and wading in.
                The cops were ordered to stand down. There's video of it. Just look up Millie Weaver's reports from this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  So, the question from Muslim apologists seems to be don't condemn all Muslims. Well, I do!
                  fyp

Honestly, that's one of the things that really bothers me about this event.

This didn't feel like a situation where you had the right wing mob start to attack some bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time, and another mob of people came together to protect the victim and fight back. This felt like an anti-Trump mob, a group angry, bitter and frustrated with an election nine months ago, spoiling for a fight...
                  Whether or not those attacked were there on purpose is immaterial. And does one really need to be angry about the election to abhor white supremacy, want it squashed from gaining a foothold in this country? I'd love to believe you're simply playing Devil's Advocate but your posting history gives that away.

Comment

Trump's threat of Venezuela military action could bolster Maduro

It won't belong before every tinpot despot rattles their saber.

"Maduro could not have asked for a greater gift from Trump," said David Smilde, senior fellow at the Washington Office on Latin America, a human rights think tank. "He provided substance for Maduro's heretofore implausible conspiracy theories."

"It has threatened to deflate the emerging regional consensus regarding Venezuela," Smilde said. "Today the countries that on Tuesday signed on to a strong statement criticizing Maduro's authoritarian direction are spending their time criticizing Trump's statements."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I'm sure the people of Venezuela would like to keep starving just to stick it to Trump.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Dumb analogy Slappy. Being a Muslim is a religion. Republicans are a political party/movement. You don't vote to become a Muslim.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I'm sure the people of Venezuela would like to keep starving just to stick it to Trump.
                          I'm sure you know absolutely nothing about what the people of Venezuela are thinking, despite whatever anecdotes from the oil company expats you claim to know down there.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Walking through the break room, someone had the TV in there tuned to Fox News. Their graphics had written that Trump was branding the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacists as criminals, thugs. It only took him until today to actually denounce them. The funny part is that there went his reelection bid.
                            Bannon must not have worn knee pads.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I don't think him saying it two days later after public outcry is going to ruin his reelection bid. If he had done it right away? Probably. But, not now. Now it's barely news.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

MIC must be getting desperate...

Comment

Working...
                                X