Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Nobody waded into a street brawl other than the nazis. But I don't expect who clearly is naive enough to believe the "both sides" rhetoric and does the whole Sica false equivalency thing to get that.

Comment

The North Carolina General Assembly, patrons of gerrymandering so racist it was shot down by the SC and bathroom law, passed a law in 2015 forbidding local municipalities from taking down Confederate monuments

Frankly, taking it down should be considered an act of civil disobedience.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And here's the danger of videoing, and taking pictures, and identifying them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/u...imes&smtyp=cur

After a day of work at the Engineering Research Center at the University of Arkansas, Kyle Quinn had a pleasant Friday night in Bentonville with his wife and a colleague. They explored an art exhibition at the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and dined at an upscale restaurant.

Then on Saturday, he discovered that social media sleuths had incorrectly identified him as a participant in a white nationalist rally some 1,100 miles away in Charlottesville, Va. Overnight, thousands of strangers across the country had been working together to share photographs of the men bearing Tiki torches on the University of Virginia campus. They wanted to name and shame them to their employers, friends and neighbors. In a few cases, they succeeded.

But Mr. Quinn’s experience showed the risks.

A man at the rally had been photographed wearing an “Arkansas Engineering” shirt, and the amateur investigators found a photo of Mr. Quinn that looked somewhat similar. They were both bearded and had similar builds.

By internet frenzy standards, that was proof enough.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          The North Carolina General Assembly, patrons of gerrymandering so racist it was shot down by the SC and bathroom law, passed a law in 2015 forbidding local municipalities from taking down Confederate monuments

Like I said. They're getting elected to office. Society has failed rooting these people out.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            You expose them. You conduct the interview and let them spew their nonsense, on camera, for all the world to see.

I saw a story last night that someone opened up a twitter account where you can identify people you recognize in pictures taken of the white supremacists. You let them speak, you photo them, you video them, you expose them for what they are and who they are and let society as a whole handle the rest. You don't wade into a street brawl.
            They've been doing that for a decade. David Duke has made a career out of it. Exposing them isn't going to do sh** but embolden them to ramp up their rhetoric.

Find a way to shut them up without giving them press or attention in the name of exposing them. Drive them back. Show that they will not win.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

As was the Selma march.

The overt surfacing of these f-cking f-cks is shocking but it's a Good Thing. These morons have been lurking on the right for decades, with the national party winking at them and some of the state legs actively sucking up to them. It's time to yank this rotted tooth out. It will hurt, but ignoring it risks sepsis and death.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Big problem. Society is electing them to be President.

Also, every one of those statues needs to come down. We know why they were built. We know what they mean to these people. They need to go. And before you disagree because of history and all that let me remind you that it's history that these people are voting out of history textbooks. It's time for *** for tat and their statues and flag need to go. Period.
                I have no problem taking down statues. I have no problem removing the Confederate Flag from all state symbols, etc... It does bother me that rather than do the real work necessary to solve problems that exist we too often reach for these empty calorie solutions, but that's the world we live in.

Personally, I don't think bringing them down in the middle of the night by mob is the greatest idea, especially when we know there is another, more violent mob out there bound and determined to see that they not come down. Seems like a pretty solid recipe for disaster, imho.

But let's be real here about Trump. I know that people want to make him out to be the second coming of Hitler. It gets the political juices flowing. But there is only one politician that Trump even remotely resembles, and I don't think it's that remote -- Governor William J. Lepetomane.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I have no problem taking down statues. I have no problem removing the Confederate Flag from all state symbols, etc... It does bother me that rather than do the real work necessary to solve problems that exist we too often reach for these empty calorie solutions, but that's the world we live in.

Personally, I don't think bringing them down in the middle of the night by mob is the greatest idea, especially when we know there is another, more violent mob out there bound and determined to see that they not come down. Seems like a pretty solid recipe for disaster, imho.

But let's be real here about Trump. I know that people want to make him out to be the second coming of Hitler. It gets the political juices flowing. But there is only one politician that Trump even remotely resembles, and I don't think it's that remote -- Governor William J. Lepetomane.
                  I don't think he's the second coming of Hitler. But, if he were President instead of FDR at the time I know what side of the war we'd have been on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Someone's going to have to go back and get a sh**load of dimes.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It's really not that dump is the next coming of Hitler, it's that morons like white supremacists think he is. And he does nothing to prevent that.

Comment

But let's be real here about Trump. I know that people want to make him out to be the second coming of Hitler. It gets the political juices flowing.
                        You miss the point. Hitler believed in what he was doing. Trump is a squealing baby with a bottomless ego -- all he believes in is constant praise for himself. None of the stuff he peddles is anything more than a way to get the mob to suck him off.

But the right has always appealed to authoritarians with themes like white spite, fundamentalist religion, and militarism, and because that's where the loudest, most prolonged cheers are on the right that's where Trump goes -- even to the point of having a significant number of these scum right in his White House. And Republican voters vote for it, so even if they're not Nazis, what they are telling us is Naziism isn't a deal breaker.

F-ck these f-cks. And if you don't denounce them, f-ck you.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Has anybody ever seen Hovey and Drew in the same room together? Just askin'. They seem to be the same poster...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/08/1...s-maine-roots/

Great article. If we are going to solve the problem the first step is understanding it and where it comes from.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Has anybody ever seen Hovey and Drew in the same room together? Just askin'. They seem to be the same poster...
                              I'll take that as a huge compliment! He's talking more sense than anyone else on here.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

By the way, that is exactly what I was talking about yesterday as to how you handle these clowns. You don't send in an angry group of paralegals and school teachers for a fight on the street. You expose them. You conduct the interview and let them spew their nonsense, on camera, for all the world to see.

I saw a story last night that someone opened up a twitter account where you can identify people you recognize in pictures taken of the white supremacists. You let them speak, you photo them, you video them, you expose them for what they are and who they are and let society as a whole handle the rest. You don't wade into a street brawl.
                                We did and your side elected him President of the United States. Exposing them doesnt stop them that is one of the worst fallacies ever. (which history disproves daily) Why do you think we know who these clowns are they self identify and no one stops them.

It isnt us that needs to identify them, it is the conservatives and they need to walk away from them.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X