Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    You have to question why the OSU coach would put out a defenseman who had not had one shift in a 1-0 game! That led to the first goal and the 2nd goal was a beauty. And then with 1:30 left in the game and a face off in the Bulldogs end, they kept Sauve in her net?
    Funny you should catch that. OSU bench management has been very poor all year and has cost them other games, see mercyhurst. Coach sits lines for periods at a time then expects them to deliver in crucial situations. Having played at a high level with experience of sitting at times, sitting that long then playing a shift is not a pleasant experience. Legs feel like jello and mentally you are a wreck just trying not to make a mistake. Even NHL teams play their fourth lines a few times a period. God forbid one of the 3 D that play gets hurt because none of the other D have played much at all this year and I canít believe they would be in any shape to play a regular shift right now.

As for sauve coming out? Thatís just bad decision making.

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Question: Is UMD utilizing the optional media timeouts?
    I know nothing about this topic (ie: "optional") except to say that it seemed to me that there were several media time outs during the game...(both games).

And I hope you got osualum86 off that ledge, we wouldn't want to lose him.

And then with 1:30 left in the game and a face off in the Bulldogs end, they kept Sauve in her net?
    Yeah, I counted 5 attackers and wondered "what's going on with OSU here"?

Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Question: Is UMD utilizing the optional media timeouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I know nothing about this topic (ie: "optional") except to say that it seemed to me that there were several media time outs during the game...(both games).

My understanding is UMD was the original school that started using media timeouts (I think last year) that caused the WCHA to allow all the other schools to use them if they so chose.

Well, I gave it my best try, but he hasn't replied.

Actually he's quite resilient. I'm sure he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    My understanding is UMD was the original school that started using media timeouts (I think last year) that caused the WCHA to allow all the other schools to use them if they so chose.
    OK, Thanks for the info.

You both probably saw where my thought was going. But just in case: I was wondering if the Buckeyes had become so reliant on the media timeouts that the absence of same might be a serious disadvantage -- and perhaps a factor in this weekend's defeats. But in actuality it was a non-issue.

Game wrap from Saturday and a very interesting comment from Klein re: Convery and Sauve...that lead to one of her goals.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ies-sweep.aspx
    And WCHA Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ly-honors.aspx

Game wrap from Saturday and a very interesting comment from Klein re: Convery and Sauve...that lead to one of her goals.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ies-sweep.aspx
    And WCHA Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ly-honors.aspx
    That was a Gopher defensemen worthy turnover by the Ohio State player on Klein's second goal. Was that Boyle? Couldn't quite make out the number in the highlight but maybe it's #6? Nice snipe by Klein btw.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    That was a Gopher defensemen worthy turnover by the Ohio State player on Klein's second goal. Was that Boyle? Couldn't quite make out the number in the highlight but maybe it's #6? Nice snipe by Klein btw.
    It happens to the best of them and Boyle is a terrific player. Not so sure that going public with opposing goalie comments is the smartest thing to do. Moreso on that goal as the turnover did not allow Sauve much time to be in the right spot!

Not so sure that going public with opposing goalie comments is the smartest thing to do.
    Probably not but, God bless her, it sure is fun to read something like that every once in a while

And it was a big week for the Bulldogs first playing outside for Hockey Day Minnesota and then the BIG SWEEP of the Bucks!

Hey why are you playing a game on a Wednesday afternoon? USCHO doesn't have the game on their schedule, so was this a rescheduled game or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Hey why are you playing a game on a Wednesday afternoon? USCHO doesn't have the game on their schedule, so was this a rescheduled game or something?
    Duluth and St Cloud played a weekend series on Jan 19 and 20. The game on the 19th was a typical conference game, but the game on the 20th was outside, part of 'Hockey Day in the US', or some such, and for whatever reason was NOT considered a conference game (even though other outdoor games in the past have also been conference games). So they were "one short" on conference games, and today (tonight - 6 PM, per the WCHA web site) is it.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Duluth and St Cloud played a weekend series on Jan 19 and 20. The game on the 19th was a typical conference game, but the game on the 20th was outside, part of 'Hockey Day in the US', or some such, and for whatever reason was NOT considered a conference game (even though other outdoor games in the past have also been conference games). So they were "one short" on conference games, and today (tonight - 6 PM, per the WCHA web site) is it.
    I think they figured, since WCHA teams needed to scramble to find extra games because the dip*****s in Grand Forks can't manage their university, they'd call the outdoor game a non-conference game. And then add another indoor game as a conference match-up.

I think they figured, since WCHA teams needed to scramble to find extra games because the dip*****s in Grand Forks can't manage their university, they'd call the outdoor game a non-conference game. And then add another indoor game as a conference match-up.
    Huh weird. That's enlightening and pretty interesting. Thanks!

And I'm sure you know the Gophers played an "extra" game with St Cloud as well on 1/9/18 which was also a non-conference game probably for the same reason due to the not so nice folks in Grand Forks. I hate to admit it but I miss the games (both men's and women's) with the the team formerly known as the Sioux. The Gopher women playing St Cloud for possibly 8 times this year isn't all that exciting.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-31-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: The men twice, maybe thrice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    And I'm sure you know the Gophers played an "extra" game with St Cloud as well on 1/9/18 which was also a non-conference game probably for the same reason due to the not so nice folks in Grand Forks. I hate to admit it but I miss the games (both men's and women's) with the the team formerly known as the Sioux. Playing St Cloud for possibly 8 times this year isn't all that exciting.
    I'm with you, except I don't hate to admit at all

Huh weird. That's enlightening and pretty interesting. Thanks!
    Now, how long will it take USCHO to realize there was a game last night that needs to be included in their RPI and Pairwise calculations?

Now, how long will it take USCHO to realize there was a game last night that needs to be included in their RPI and Pairwise calculations?
    Ha good question... I will update mine tonight when I get home from work.

Ha good question... I will update mine tonight when I get home from work.
    (Do you have to enter game results by hand? 40 teams times 35 games (divided by two). Yikes. Not to mention... typos!)

(Do you have to enter game results by hand? 40 teams times 35 games (divided by two). Yikes. Not to mention... typos!)
    typos.....TTT?
    lol.......I thought I was the only one!

Haha no, I have it set up for Excel to pull in the composite schedule from (lol) USCHO. I can manually change stuff though, so I can add in my own UMD/SCSU score if USCHO is still wrong when I update it later.

Thread Information