Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I see where your recruit Gabbie Hughes had a "pretty nice" game last night. If she wants to change her mind Ridder is only a 15 minute drive from home.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game...ferrer=3519982
    Wow!!! Thanks for that.

Your kind offer has been given its due consideration but the wagons have already circled around this one.

Comment

I see where your recruit Gabbie Hughes had a "pretty nice" game last night. If she wants to change her mind Ridder is only a 15 minute drive from home.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game...ferrer=3519982
      She's better off changing colors all together and heading to your friendly neighbor to the east. Madison has a lot more to offer than Duluth anyway.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        She's better off changing colors all together and heading to your friendly neighbor to the east. Madison has a lot more to offer than Duluth anyway.
        She already did change colors "altogether" as she originally committed to the Whioux, so I don't think she buys what your trying to sell about Badison, enlarged liver man.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Had a nice chat with UMD's starting goalie's Dad yesterday. We met a few years ago during the ncaa Mercyhurst game @ LaBahn. She transferred to UMD this year, her story was an interesting one. He is one dedicated Dad travelling basically from Detriot to see his daughter play in these wcha cities. He said BC's D are not good and Colgate is a pretender, good info for ranking purposes. Best wishes to him and his family.

UMD looked better than the other teams I have seen UW play in person. I can see where they'd be giving other teams a hard time. The UMD bench had a lot of great energy today.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UMD looked better than the other teams I have seen UW play in person. I can see where they'd be giving other teams a hard time. The UMD bench had a lot of great energy today.
            UMD doesn't have enough offensive power, that's the problem. Graduation claimed so much talent that they ended up making Brodt (a sophomore) captain.

Speaking of which, what happens to the "C" during the next two years?

Comment

Had a nice chat with UMD's starting goalie's Dad yesterday. We met a few years ago during the ncaa Mercyhurst game @ LaBahn. She transferred to UMD this year, her story was an interesting one. He is one dedicated Dad travelling basically from Detriot to see his daughter play in these wcha cities. He said BC's D are not good and Colgate is a pretender, good info for ranking purposes. Best wishes to him and his family.

Not the same team as last year by a mile but some talent is emerging. They were outmatched on Friday. A little better Saturday. Nice crowds in Wisconsin. Must have been an interesting conversation. There is a story there we won't hear and some connections obviously. It's nice someone had the pull to get her some playing time at a nine month stint in Duluth and he has the money to travel to the games. Not sure if it is paying off given their record. I saw Goalie 2 play over the years up against Ice Cats some big potential there that is not getting developed while Rooney is away.

Comment

Girls hockey: Plan B sends Centennial stars to Minnesota-Duluth

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/05...nesota-duluth/
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well I am biased, but my prediction is the Gophers will prevail this weekend in both games. UMD goalie is an interesting story which we will probably never hear... maybe you did although you didn't indicate in the post. It's nice for them to get am amazing opportunity at UMD or a quick 9 month stint in Duluth. It's been good some games, inconsistent others, not sure I understand this while Rooney is away given their record/performance. I think it will get rougher on the Bulldogs as the year goes on, this goalie seems to be performing similar to what she did the first three years at another school. Bulldogs offense for sure has some glimmers of excellence, but I think it will be at least next year before they are really competitive again. Lots of newcomers with a lot to learn.

Comment

That combo is going to be a headache for the rest of the WCHA...
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

UMD fans have some positive developments to look forward to next season.

Now if the 'Dogs could just sneak one win or maybe even the unthinkable sweep this weekend from their nefarious opponents that might be the turning of the corner this season.

But their track record on the road is under .500 so far this season so that bodes well for the opponents.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...minnesota.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Now if the 'Dogs could just sneak one win or maybe even the unthinkable sweep this weekend from their nefarious opponents that might be the turning of the corner this season.

But their track record on the road is under .500 so far this season so that bodes well for the opponents.
                        The opponents are under .500 at home. Ties maybe?
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          I predict a UMD 3-2 win tonight.

Comment

UMD 3 - UM 3 after regulation.

The 'Dogs take the extra point in OT with a 2-1 result.

Some positive results for the 'Dogs. The third period sounded like a bit of a canoe tipper with UM leading 1-0 and then increasing that lead by one before UMD finally scored. Have to wait for UM fans who attended to offer their input on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              You are a genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                UMD 3 - UM 3 after regulation.

The 'Dogs take the extra point in OT with a 2-1 result.

Some positive results for the 'Dogs. The third period sounded like a bit of a canoe tipper with UM leading 1-0 and then increasing that lead by one before UMD finally scored. Have to wait for UM fans who attended to offer their input on the game.
                                The Dogs ded a great job of bottling up the Gophers all night long. it looked like a close thing until MN scored to go up 2-1 early in the third & then the game suddenly opened up for both sides. In what has been a tired recently the Gophers looked tired in the third & I actually expected UMD to win 4-3. Frost mentioned last week that they have played every weekend since the season started & that is wearing. Apparently it is. It was a good game & UMD should be happy about the comeback and the win.

Comment

Working...
                                X