Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I was wondering whatever happened with Shannon Miller's lawsuit. After all this time it looks like she's going to have her day in court after all.

http://www.kbjr6.com/story/36720776/...er-umd-coaches
    Thanks for the update, I was curious too.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

"Pay or treat her fairly, compared to the men's coach Scott Sandelin..."

Imagine the increase in budget deficits for women's hockey programs with this type of situation as they are already money pits. So you litigate this and say the sequined jacketed one wins a sizable financial award out of it. What then?...Does UMD consider doing what UND did? What about the ramifications for other programs with supposed "unequal pay"?

To me, this is just insanity.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Imagine the increase in budget deficits for women's hockey programs with this type of situation as they are already money pits. So you litigate this and say the sequined jacketed one wins a sizable financial award out of it. What then?...Does UMD consider doing what UND did? What about the ramifications for other programs with supposed "unequal pay"?

In case you haven't noticed, the political and economic climate in MN is quite different than ND
        They’ll just raise tuition, freeze the pay of non-elite workers (IOW, everyone but administration and Professors/Associate Professors) and lobby the legislature to shovel more money into the pit. This time likely using the volleyball team rather than hockey team, unless of course the ladies once again make a disappointing season for WI-BC-etc.
        Money is no object to the U, it is more important that they win, prove they are superior, the holders of what is right and what is wrong, the righteous and all-knowing ones. While any business would cut their losses and throw a couple grand to the two lesbians that quit (and tens of thousands to their attorney) and put a six figure check in the coach whose name shan’t be mentioned pocket (despite the fact she doesn’t deserve ****) just to wash their hands of the mess, they are gambling OUR money because …. Well, it isn’t their money.

Regardless what happens there will be hockey at all the MN schools, although it may be the final spike in any other school contemplating starting a women’s program, perhaps of any sport there already exists a men’s sport.
        Syncronized smimming or rhythmic dance anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

It is crazy, all CEO's don't get paid the same amount irregardless if they are responsible for a company with assets of 1 million or 100 million. It's an watermelon to raisin comparison. But in our PC commie world she wins.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            In case you haven't noticed, the political and economic climate in MN is quite different than ND
            They’ll just raise tuition, freeze the pay of non-elite workers (IOW, everyone but administration and Professors/Associate Professors) and lobby the legislature to shovel more money into the pit. This time likely using the volleyball team rather than hockey team, unless of course the ladies once again make a disappointing season for WI-BC-etc.
            Money is no object to the U, it is more important that they win, prove they are superior, the holders of what is right and what is wrong, the righteous and all-knowing ones. While any business would cut their losses and throw a couple grand to the two lesbians that quit (and tens of thousands to their attorney) and put a six figure check in the coach whose name shan’t be mentioned pocket (despite the fact she doesn’t deserve ****) just to wash their hands of the mess, they are gambling OUR money because …. Well, it isn’t their money.

Regardless what happens there will be hockey at all the MN schools, although it may be the final spike in any other school contemplating starting a women’s program, perhaps of any sport there already exists a men’s sport.
            Syncronized smimming or rhythmic dance anyone?
            Thanks to pokechecker for the peek inside his fevered brain. I noted a couple of groups you failed to insult--not sure if you ran out of time or if your tinfoil hat slipped over your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              Thanks to pokechecker for the peek inside his fevered brain. I noted a couple of groups you failed to insult--not sure if you ran out of time or if your tinfoil hat slipped over your eyes.
              this from someone wearing a leather helmet

if you want a safe space, go to Coffman 2nd & 3rd floor, I'm sure you can find a number of groups you will fit in with, take ne7minder with you
              they even have bathrooms for the confused there, maybe you can help each other figure out which one and how to use them

Comment

if you want a safe space, go to Coffman 2nd & 3rd floor, I'm sure you can find a number of groups you will fit in with, take ne7minder with you
                they even have bathrooms for the confused there, maybe you can help each other figure out which one and how to use them
                Were you not loved as a child?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                  Were you not loved as a child?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                  He's not loved as a so-called adult!

Comment

I'm thinking refs and linesman needed a safe space from the sequined jacket...
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Actually, I don't need a safe space. You are confusing political correctness with schoolyard insults. I am not offended by your comments; I see much worse every day in social media.

I was just making a comment on the fact that you threw a bunch of half-baked political commentary into a women's hockey board. I am not asking you to stop, nor do I think you would stop if I did ask. I am just pointing out that I disagree with your views. No need to tell me you also disagree with my views -- fortunately, I already know that.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        I was wondering whatever happened with Shannon Miller's lawsuit. After all this time it looks like she's going to have her day in court after all.

http://www.kbjr6.com/story/36720776/...er-umd-coaches
                        (Geez...leave your quiet and peaceful back yard for a few days and return to a dust up in the sandbox).

Thanks for this.

I've been wondering about it as well, wondering what the conclusion will eventually be. I've checked a couple of times earlier this year and got no results.

I've said this before, re: this topic, that even though she's not my favourite person I've got to respect her backbone for proceeding with this knowing that she would be potentially subjecting herself to a lot of flack. My guess would be that she's doing this out of principal (while seeing herself as a champion of others in similar situations) with, at the same time, the idea of possibly having a really nice payday at the end of the road not being lost on her.

She's never been short of confidence which I think is a good thing. The danger is that unbridled excessive confidence quickly turns into egotism.

Hard to know what shade it is in this situation ie: where the line is and whether or not it has been crossed. Good chance of regularly vacillating on either side of it so that it's actually...grey.

Championing your principals...and that of others...against the "Establishment"...with a possible nice pay day at the end.

Good sounding gig.

As I think I've mentioned before the cherry on top of the icing on the cake would have been for her to hire Gerry Spence, if he is still alive and still practicing.

That would have caused the mega optics to be on steroids.

Comment

What a horrible idea...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...ation-day.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            No doubt the camo jerseys won't win any beauty contests, but it could turn out to be a great idea if they make the players invisible to St. Cloud's defenders.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              They won't be wearing them for the game. Just for warm ups, then they go on the auction block to raise money.

Comment

Thanks guys, but as ugly as those jerseys are, (and at the risk of losing any possible future popularity contest), in addition to the jerseys I was more importantly referring to the whole idea of a military appreciation night.

The jerseys' complete lack of aesthetics seems appropriate for the occasion that someone saw fit to promote.

Comment

Working...
                                X