Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Some highlights from last night's game...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/index.aspx?path=whockey

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    No, I'm not kidding you. If you watched how much/little contact was made, where it was made and how it was made with such little force you can't come to any other conclusion.

I'm glad she was not hurt but that was a relatively innocent play mostly caused, it seemed to me, by Roque's positioning/balance/motion. It almost reminds me of a similar call in the '08 FF between these two teams called against Holmlov as I recall.

Anyway, good quick game.
    Ironic that a guy that starts a thread on Concussions thinks that that was a no harm, no foul play. Get a clue.

As for refs...Went both ways!

Media (LOL) Timeouts...Allows you to play 2 lines & 3 D for the most part but what a joke. Many of your own parents commented on how the team runs out of gas in the 3rd......they were correct.

Always fun in time in Duluth though! Good luck the rest of the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
    Ironic that a guy that starts a thread on Concussions thinks that that was a no harm, no foul play. Get a clue.

As for refs...Went both ways!

Media (LOL) Timeouts...Allows you to play 2 lines & 3 D for the most part but what a joke. Many of your own parents commented on how the team runs out of gas in the 3rd......they were correct.

Always fun in time in Duluth though! Good luck the rest of the way!
    So, what are you saying, that someone who starts a thread about concussions necessarily must think from that point onward that every contact in every game is concussion inducing? If so, then I can understand how you think my thinking/opinion is ironic.

I saw the replay a number of times and have given my opinion. Never said there was no harm...she got hurt and I alluded to it. The question is was there more than just the minor push that contributed to the eventual effect?

About the gas, it sounds like you didn't watch their series vs OSU and BSU...no let up for 60 minutes. And maybe some of those parents you spoke to didn't either. Regardless, did I ever say that they are not human?

And I suppose no benefit accrued to UW from having those media breathers?

And thanks for the well wishes for the rest of the season.

Thread Information