X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

BSU 1 - UMD 2 after two.

Extremely fast game.

Reilly with her first goal as a Bulldog crashing the net with the pass from Bell going in off her skate...reviewed at length but referee approved. Strange goal to watch.

Then Healy with a bounced puck that came to her through traffic as she was waiting, stick loaded, on the back stoop...only a few seconds into their first power play of the night.

Then BSU wouldn't let UMD close out the last couple of minutes of the period on a winning note and bagged a deceptively nice one right in the crease with only 34 seconds left in the period.

Convery is making a statement in goal for UMD tonight...having a great game.

Early in the period the 'Dog defenders were scaring no one except their own team mates handing the puck to BSU on a few occasions in front of their own goal.

The new play by play guy is injecting a lot of excitement into an already exciting game.

Comment

BSU 5 - UMD 3 final.

It was a wild affair with BSU bagging 4 goals (including an empty netter) in the 3rd period.

Missed the first half of the period and BSU's tying goal.

So much for Convery's statement in the first two periods but she didn't get too much help from her defense tonight.

Some great goals including a blast from Healy from the left face off circle immediately off the face off on the other side from Mrazova to Houston with a nice quick pass to Healy who cranked it one time.

With the extra attacker UMD looked disorganized and couldn't control the puck and Rodgers was leaking major oil allowing the BSU puck carrier to easily pull away from her to score the EN.

Very disappointing third period for the 'Dogs but they did not quit.

Very impressed with BSU. This is the best game that I can ever recall seeing them play. Well deserved win.

Great game.

Comment

BSU 1 - UMD 2 after one.

Another balzingly fast game...end to end action. And maybe another shootout at the OK Corral.

BSU scored first and early but the 'Dogs notched 2 power play goals to take the lead.

Convery stopped a BSU breakaway that threatened to tie the game.

And UMD has really cranked up the coverage from Amsoil. Exciting play by play calling and live intermission interviews with video in addition to the previous audio only...and done by someone who seems motivated and excited to be doing what she's doing.

Nice change.
        Last edited by Blackbeard; 01-13-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

BSU 2 - UMD 3 after two.

UMD was 5 for 5 on the power play so far in this series and are working on the end of their 6th as the third period starts but will only have a scant 11 seconds or so left.

Seriously entertaining hockey.

Comment

BSU 2 - UMD 3 Final. SOG BSU 33 - UMD 36

The 'Dogs hang on to get the split.

Excellent effort from both teams for two full games.

UMD needs to work on getting the puck out of their own end. Mindlessly/robotically trying to clear the puck up along the boards where all the bodies are when you have enough time instead of shooting it out through unobstructed ice just doesn't seem optimal...especially when you do it repeatedly and it keeps failing repeatedly and the game is on the line. They gave BSU way more opportunities to tie the game up late, hemmed in their own end by their own mistakes that they shouldn't be making at D1, than they otherwise would have had. There's a simple fix...just think.

That said extremely impressive energy exerted for both games.

If they can bring that level of energy to the rest of their games this season their opponents are going to have problems that may not be solvable.

Same can be said of BSU.

Comment

Some highlights from last weekend's series vs BSU...

https://youtu.be/aiJCtgOyawo

https://youtu.be/cF9oKxrwjwQ

Comment

UMD 2 - SCSU 3 final.

This result is a rather large disappointment after how the 'Dogs played last weekend.

They tied the game up with about 3-4 minutes left in regulation only to have SCSU score less than a minute later to regain the lead and claim the victory.

Comment

UMD 1- SCSU 1 final.

Strikes me as a botched weekend for UMD.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ota-skate.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    UMD 1- SCSU 1 final.

Strikes me as a botched weekend for UMD.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ota-skate.aspx
                    The Friday game was a conference game, but today wasn't? And then they play again on Wed the 31st, and that one IS a conference game!

What the fudge?!?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      The Friday game was a conference game, but today wasn't? And then they play again on Wed the 31st, and that one IS a conference game!

What the fudge?!?
                      Today's game was a part of Hockey Day Minnesota and was played outdoors. For whatever reason, they decided that this was the game that they didn't want to be a conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

What the fudge?!?
                        Yeah, I was aware that one was not a conference game but I still think that they botched the weekend.

Comment

Just watched Sat since I recorded broadcast. From what I read Fri was a botch. I disagree about Saturday. They need to work on offense, sure, but it looked like a great experience all around for Hockey Day. Great to see MN kids -Johnson in goal, she played the puck and had a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldyDad2B View Post
                            Just watched Sat since I recorded broadcast. From what I read Fri was a botch. I disagree about Saturday. They need to work on offense, sure, but it looked like a great experience all around for Hockey Day. Great to see MN kids -Johnson in goal, she played the puck and had a great game.
                            It really did look like a great experience for those two teams on Saturday!

Comment

If the 'Dogs skate like they did two weeks ago (didn't see last weekend's games) then they will give OSU a major headache today and tomorrow...maybe even a migraine.

And if their goaltending is solid then maybe even some points are possible.

Here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                If the 'Dogs skate like they did two weeks ago (didn't see last weekend's games) then they will give OSU a major headache today and tomorrow...maybe even a migraine.

And if their goaltending is solid then maybe even some points are possible.

Here's hoping.
                                Points are definitely possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X