• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD 2017 Season Thread

Sounds like a good start...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I know you don't believe it but I really am hoping for the dogs to continue moving up. A 2 team league is boring. Losing the thugs and goons is nice and having a real third is a great thing for the whole WCHA. Watching them last year was a blast. More please.

Comment

I could have sworn it was a three team race with UND, maybe I missed something ...

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      Kinda funny
      Accolades from Jocelyne, his sister-in-law, not that they aren’t deserved
      Hey, what does the guy’s mother have to say about the hire?
      is she on board with it too?
      once again, the US media doing a tailspin down the drain

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        I could have sworn it was a three team race with UND, maybe I missed something ...
        I reached out to his mother, and here is her response:

"Anthony Morando is an excellent choice for this position, and I am on board with his selection."

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
          I reached out to his mother, and here is her response:

"Anthony Morando is an excellent choice for this position, and I am on board with his selection."
          You're mis-representing me. What I actually said was, "I wanted little Anthony to join the Priesthood".

Comment

Kinda funny
            Accolades from Jocelyne, his sister-in-law, not that they aren’t deserved
            once again, the US media doing a tailspin down the drain
            Yeah, always tends to detract from the message even if the sentiment is sincere.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              You're mis-representing me. What I actually said was, "I wanted little Anthony to join the Priesthood".
              LOL

it will be interesting to see how well they can rebound from a loss of such a strong senior class, plus Rooney

Comment

LOL

it will be interesting to see how well they can rebound from a loss of such a strong senior class, plus Rooney
                Agreed. Roster shows 14 Freshman, 5 Sophomores and no seniors. Sounds like a challenging situation to navigate this year and the next few. But I think the program's moving positively under Crowell. I even choose to think the great team play of former associate Sami Reber's Edina girls last year reflects well on Crowell.

Crowell just signed a three year extension.
                Last edited by KTDC; 08-09-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I believe they have 10FR, 6 SO, 4 JR, 7 SR - their roster shows returning players in the same class as last season.
                  1 Freshman previously committed to UND, and SOPH transfer from UND not listed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                    Agreed. Roster shows 14 Freshman, 5 Sophomores and no seniors. Sounds like a challenging situation to navigate this year and the next few. But I think the program's moving positively under Crowell. I even choose to think the great team play of former associate Sami Reber's Edina girls last year reflects well on Crowell.

Crowell just signed a three year extension.
                    Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                    I believe they have 10FR, 6 SO, 4 JR, 7 SR - their roster shows returning players in the same class as last season.
                    1 Freshman previously committed to UND, and SOPH transfer from UND not listed as well.
                    Aah, thank you. Not quite the same thing

Comment

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

Well, that's a new one on me...a Degree in Non Profit Leadership.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Reminds me of the old joke..."This is a non profit organization...it didn't start out that way".

Doesn't sound like it will come in handy at UMD because of the situation that occurred a few...well, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                        8 more freshmen on the way in 2018 so far as well. 4 Forwards 4 D. Bulldogs are going to be young for a while it appears. Must have a bunch of walk-ons in 2017,2018 classes I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                          8 more freshmen on the way in 2018 so far as well. 4 Forwards 4 D. Bulldogs are going to be young for a while it appears. Must have a bunch of walk-ons in 2017,2018 classes I would think.
                          Walk-ons?! At a D1 program?! I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            They had one or two 5 or 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Most of them have a couple, or at least kids who are getting a very small piece of the pie. Some of these rosters have had close to 30 players over the years, and with full rides for some of them, the money runs out before the numbers do. Especially some of the local kids will go that route if it was a school that they may have considered anyway had hockey not been in the picture.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X