Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Diggers 1 - 'Dogs 3 after two.

Rogge bagged one to increase UMD's lead to two but then unfortunate interference by the UMD net allowed Kepler to take the puck from a scrum behind the net out to Convery's left unchallenged where she let loose with a great wrist shot that went tight 3 hole.

I believe it was less than two minutes later that UMD responded with a nice play..lots of nice quick passing...which allowed Klein to get off a wrist shot from the right circle that went 5 hole.

Good quick game.

Forgot to mention that Demi Crossman has been doing the colour commentary for the last few weekends including this one.
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-10-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Diggers 3 - 'Dogs 3 after regulation.

Going into OT.

Comment

No decision. Going to shoot out.

The 'Dogs with several good chances in the 3rd.

An unbelieveably horrible boarding call on Elmes left UMD shorthanded for 5 minutes. It was a minor push about waist high and it appeared that Roque's balance caused most of the visual impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

An unbelieveably horrible boarding call on Elmes left UMD shorthanded for 5 minutes. It was a minor push about waist high and it appeared that Roque's balance caused most of the visual impact.
          Are you kidding me?!?

A hit from behind that bounced Roque's facemask off the glass. Left her on her hands and knees for maybe a minute. Five minutes. Every time.

Comment

Diggers take the shootout after 5 shots.

Good game and clean weekend with the whistles buried until the 3rd when the ref made 2 questionable calls on UMD when there were similar opportunities for the whistle to have been blow against UW throughout the game.

It's the way she goes.

But the boarding call I think was horrible...the "infraction" was so innocent looking that I at first thought that Roque had come off the 3 meter board...but I don't think that was the case either. More balance than anything else but the visual effects filled the ref's imagination and that was that.

Daoust needs to stop standing around in her end watching the opponent control the puck when she can force the issue.

And Mrazova, who can skate and stickhandle needs to learn to take the shot when she is in a great position to do so instead of always thinking "pass". That happened two or three times today.

Too bad. This one was looking good until into the 3rd and those two penalty calls.

Shaver with two PP goals for the Diggers.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Are you kidding me?!?

A hit from behind that bounced Roque's facemask off the glass. Left her on her hands and knees for maybe a minute. Five minutes. Every time.
              No, I'm not kidding you. If you watched how much/little contact was made, where it was made and how it was made with such little force you can't come to any other conclusion.

I'm glad she was not hurt but that was a relatively innocent play mostly caused, it seemed to me, by Roque's positioning/balance/motion. It almost reminds me of a similar call in the '08 FF between these two teams called against Holmlov as I recall.

Anyway, good quick game.

Comment

Well, let's hope somebody can post video from the TV telecast. Because the TV telecast showed a *clear* boarding call that warranted five minutes.

Comment

Some highlights from last night's game...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/index.aspx?path=whockey

Comment

UMD's Olympic History...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...est-stage.aspx

Comment

No, I'm not kidding you. If you watched how much/little contact was made, where it was made and how it was made with such little force you can't come to any other conclusion.

I'm glad she was not hurt but that was a relatively innocent play mostly caused, it seemed to me, by Roque's positioning/balance/motion. It almost reminds me of a similar call in the '08 FF between these two teams called against Holmlov as I recall.

Anyway, good quick game.
                      Ironic that a guy that starts a thread on Concussions thinks that that was a no harm, no foul play. Get a clue.

As for refs...Went both ways!

Media (LOL) Timeouts...Allows you to play 2 lines & 3 D for the most part but what a joke. Many of your own parents commented on how the team runs out of gas in the 3rd......they were correct.

Always fun in time in Duluth though! Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                        Ironic that a guy that starts a thread on Concussions thinks that that was a no harm, no foul play. Get a clue.

As for refs...Went both ways!

Media (LOL) Timeouts...Allows you to play 2 lines & 3 D for the most part but what a joke. Many of your own parents commented on how the team runs out of gas in the 3rd......they were correct.

Always fun in time in Duluth though! Good luck the rest of the way!
                        So, what are you saying, that someone who starts a thread about concussions necessarily must think from that point onward that every contact in every game is concussion inducing? If so, then I can understand how you think my thinking/opinion is ironic.

I saw the replay a number of times and have given my opinion. Never said there was no harm...she got hurt and I alluded to it. The question is was there more than just the minor push that contributed to the eventual effect?

About the gas, it sounds like you didn't watch their series vs OSU and BSU...no let up for 60 minutes. And maybe some of those parents you spoke to didn't either. Regardless, did I ever say that they are not human?

And I suppose no benefit accrued to UW from having those media breathers?

And thanks for the well wishes for the rest of the season.

Comment

'Dogs in Korea:

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...inals-set.aspx

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...n-group-b.aspx

Comment

BSU 1 - UMD 1 after two.

'Dogs all over the Beavs in the first but not so much in the second.

UMD has created lots of scoring opportunities but didn't capitalize until about 6 minutes left in the 2nd with Brodt skating in on the right wing and going far side off the post. Then on a blunder and a fall a BSU player was free with the puck and all alone in the UMD corner and end (except for a fallen 'Dog) and skated toward the net and somehow stuffed it short side on what should have been a routine post hugging save by Convery...but it wasn't. Another blunder.

Not like the barnburners that they played last month.

Comment

BSU 2 - UMD 1 Final.

In a game that easily should have been 4/5/6 - 0 for UMD.

BSU with a nice slapshot from the point just a few seconds into their only PP for what turned out to be the winning goal.

'Dogs all over the Beavs for most of the game but when you create countless opportunities and fail to convert this is what usually happens.

This one's a real head shaker.

Comment

BSU 2 - UMD 1 Final.

In a game that easily should have been 4/5/6 - 0 for UMD.

BSU with a nice slapshot from the point just a few seconds into their only PP for what turned out to be the winning goal.

'Dogs all over the Beavs for most of the game but when you create countless opportunities and fail to convert this is what usually happens.

This one's a real head shaker.
                                Before yesterdays games I said I thought this is the only year I can remember where I felt 3 playoff sets could all go 3 games. I don't know how much impact the Olympics is having (lord knows Rooney was a star in the finals last year) or how much of it is approaching parity. All 3 home teams have thrown klinkers this season and all 3 visitors have demonstrated a grit & determination to make them pay when they do. If you are a home team the one thing you can't do is let one blown opportunity get in your head, you are at home for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X