Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

In the first period:
    Yanko missed a wide open opportunity right in front of the net. Backhand was there, she didn't have confidence in her backhand and didn't try it.
    Rogge (I think) hit crossbar.
    Convery makes huge glove save on Boyle point blank.
    Another huge save by Convery with seconds remaining.

UMD had some good chances early. Ohio State looked more and more dangerous as the period went on.

Comment

OSU 0 - UMD 1 SOG: about even around 10-12

You beat me to it...

The 'Dogs made the 'Eyes blink in the first 10 minutes and were all over them like white on rice.

It could have easily been 3-0 but as you said Yanko choked a tremendous opportunity only 20 seconds after the first goal...would have been a tremendous confidence builder...and then Rogge did hit the crossbar. (Rogge and Bell are becoming quite impressive playing together).

Lots of quick, crisp beautiful passing by UMD...not as fast a game as those 2 weeks ago but approaching it...I'm impressed with the effort.

Could see on the OSU PP this is a vastly improved team from a couple years ago...vastly.

The second 10 minutes did see UMD lose the advantage in play to a more balanced flow as the last half of the period unfolded.

And yes, great save by Convery at the buzzer.

OSU had 2 good opportunities both late in the period while UMD had several including the 2 on 1 that didn't work out.

Very entertaining so far and good hockey.

Comment

I see "Fox Sports".

Is this on TV down there?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          I see "Fox Sports".

Is this on TV down there?
          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            Yes.
            Beauty.

Comment

Great save by UMD goalie (Jessica Convery). 1-1 now.
              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-26-2018, 04:41 PM. Reason: Looked up her name.
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

2-1 ppg by UMD.

Sad to see so many empty seats.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-26-2018, 04:36 PM. Reason: On the other hand I'm glad Fox is broadcasting more of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                  2-1 ppg by UMD.
                  Nice grinding goal by Elmes from Brodt, and with that I'm off to the Gopher game!

Comment

Yeah...very similar to Skaggs' goal for OSU...crashing the net.

Good luck.

Comment

Wow, Brodt, 3-1 now.

Comment

Rogge 4-1. So are we closer to reaching some kind of parity in the WCHA? Well, except for the Mav... (maybe I won't write that).
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-26-2018, 04:34 PM. Reason: Don't know who to root for in this one.

Comment

OSU 1 - UMD 4 after two. SOG: OSU 22 - UMD 24.

Brodt with two nice moves to beat two OSU defenders and then went what looked to be 5 hole on Sauve.

Then Bell to Rogge with a nice wrist shot 2 hole.

Sauve possibly looking frustrated after one play by her net jabbing a Dog with her stick well after the whistle.

Then Mrzova was all alone in front but had fallen and couldn't get back up in time to accept the pass from Brodt.

UMD starts the 3rd on the PP.

I've felt this season from what I've seen that UMD has played a fair amount better than their standings would indicate. This game, so far, would appear to be an example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            OSU 1 - UMD 4 after two. SOG: OSU 22 - UMD 24.

Brodt with two nice moves to beat two OSU defenders and then went what looked to be 5 hole on Sauve.

Then Bell to Rogge with a nice wrist shot 2 hole.

Sauve possibly looking frustrated after one play by her net jabbing a Dog with her stick well after the whistle.

Then Mrzova was all alone in front but had fallen and couldn't get back up in time to accept the pass from Brodt.

UMD starts the 3rd on the PP.

I've felt this season from what I've seen that UMD has played a fair amount better than their standings would indicate. This game, so far, would appear to be an example of that.
                            I thought #7 deserved more than 2 minutes for that hit from behind. Frustration showing on OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                              I thought #7 deserved more than 2 minutes for that hit from behind. Frustration showing on OSU.
                              Yeah, luckily Lowenheilm was only shaken up.

How did that no goal not go in????

Comment

"Inches away from a 5-1 lead" is right. Almost deja vu Rooney you might say. Off to the Gopher game (not the Notre Dame one).

Comment

Working...
                                X