Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: UMD 2017 Season Thread

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    UMD 2017 Season Thread


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I know you don't believe it but I really am hoping for the dogs to continue moving up. A 2 team league is boring. Losing the thugs and goons is nice and having a real third is a great thing for the whole WCHA. Watching them last year was a blast. More please.

  3. #3
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    I could have sworn it was a three team race with UND, maybe I missed something ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Kinda funny
    Accolades from Jocelyne, his sister-in-law, not that they aren’t deserved
    Hey, what does the guy’s mother have to say about the hire?
    is she on board with it too?
    once again, the US media doing a tailspin down the drain
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    207

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    I could have sworn it was a three team race with UND, maybe I missed something ...
    Hey, what does the guy’s mother have to say about the hire?
    is she on board with it too?
    I reached out to his mother, and here is her response:

    "Anthony Morando is an excellent choice for this position, and I am on board with his selection."

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    I reached out to his mother, and here is her response:

    "Anthony Morando is an excellent choice for this position, and I am on board with his selection."
    You're mis-representing me. What I actually said was, "I wanted little Anthony to join the Priesthood".

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    Kinda funny
    Accolades from Jocelyne, his sister-in-law, not that they aren’t deserved
    Hey, what does the guy’s mother have to say about the hire?
    is she on board with it too?
    once again, the US media doing a tailspin down the drain
    Yeah, always tends to detract from the message even if the sentiment is sincere.

  7. #7
    Making America Great Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    You're mis-representing me. What I actually said was, "I wanted little Anthony to join the Priesthood".
    LOL

    it will be interesting to see how well they can rebound from a loss of such a strong senior class, plus Rooney
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    LOL

    it will be interesting to see how well they can rebound from a loss of such a strong senior class, plus Rooney
    Agreed. Roster shows 14 Freshman, 5 Sophomores and no seniors. Sounds like a challenging situation to navigate this year and the next few. But I think the program's moving positively under Crowell. I even choose to think the great team play of former associate Sami Reber's Edina girls last year reflects well on Crowell.

    Crowell just signed a three year extension.
    Last edited by KTDC; 08-09-2017 at 01:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    I believe they have 10FR, 6 SO, 4 JR, 7 SR - their roster shows returning players in the same class as last season.
    1 Freshman previously committed to UND, and SOPH transfer from UND not listed as well.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Agreed. Roster shows 14 Freshman, 5 Sophomores and no seniors. Sounds like a challenging situation to navigate this year and the next few. But I think the program's moving positively under Crowell. I even choose to think the great team play of former associate Sami Reber's Edina girls last year reflects well on Crowell.

    Crowell just signed a three year extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc6696 View Post
    I believe they have 10FR, 6 SO, 4 JR, 7 SR - their roster shows returning players in the same class as last season.
    1 Freshman previously committed to UND, and SOPH transfer from UND not listed as well.
    Aah, thank you. Not quite the same thing

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

    Well, that's a new one on me...a Degree in Non Profit Leadership.

    Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

    Reminds me of the old joke..."This is a non profit organization...it didn't start out that way".

    Doesn't sound like it will come in handy at UMD because of the situation that occurred a few...well, you know.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    50

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bc6696 View Post
    I believe they have 10FR, 6 SO, 4 JR, 7 SR - their roster shows returning players in the same class as last season.
    1 Freshman previously committed to UND, and SOPH transfer from UND not listed as well.
    8 more freshmen on the way in 2018 so far as well. 4 Forwards 4 D. Bulldogs are going to be young for a while it appears. Must have a bunch of walk-ons in 2017,2018 classes I would think.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    8 more freshmen on the way in 2018 so far as well. 4 Forwards 4 D. Bulldogs are going to be young for a while it appears. Must have a bunch of walk-ons in 2017,2018 classes I would think.
    Walk-ons?! At a D1 program?! I highly doubt it.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Walk-ons?! At a D1 program?! I highly doubt it.
    They had one or two 5 or 6 years ago.

  15. #15
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,186

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Walk-ons?! At a D1 program?! I highly doubt it.
    Most of them have a couple, or at least kids who are getting a very small piece of the pie. Some of these rosters have had close to 30 players over the years, and with full rides for some of them, the money runs out before the numbers do. Especially some of the local kids will go that route if it was a school that they may have considered anyway had hockey not been in the picture.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread


  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    The 'Dogs step up to the plate, as they do virtually every year, to play a quality out of conference team, BC, early in the season after a warm up vs a not so high quality team, PSU, which is somewhat odd but which they will need since this is pretty much a brand new team. It will be interesting to see if they can recreate the excitement that last year's iteration did...that's a tall order though.

    http://www.umdbulldogs.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    For those who enjoy soothsaying...

    http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...x?path=whockey

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,844

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Linking to the article I see where assistant coach Connolly has resigned.

    http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...lyresigns.aspx
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Linking to the article I see where assistant coach Connolly has resigned.

    http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...lyresigns.aspx
    Thanks. It wasn't there when I checked out the site yesterday.

    Sure has been a lot of turnover in the Assistant Coach position for the 'Dogs in the last 10 years, for a variety of reasons. Never seems to be stable beyond two years at most with a brace of assistants.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •