Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

SCSU 1 - UMD 1 after one.

Ashton Bell scored for the 'Dogs on a gorgeous wrist shot from just inside the top of the face off circle to the SCSU goaltender's left that went 5 hole.

As little as I've seen of UMD this season she stands out as at least one who knows how to and does shoot with authority (and another in a long line of excellent recruits from Manitoba)...so, things are looking up.

On the down side, can't comment on the SCSU goal because I missed it and then right afterward the video froze up and upon refreshing and rebooting it would only replay the last minute or so of play that occurred before the video originally froze up.

So, at the moment things aren't improving with respect to my getting more of a look at the 'Dogs in action.

Comment

Back in business, video is working again:

SCSU 2 - UMD 2 after two. SOG: SCSU 9 - UMD 11

Erickson scored for SCSU putting them up 2-1. (Didn't see it).

Then another beauty for the 'Dogs from Lowenheilm on a one timer snap shot from the very high slot just inside the blue line.

Two goals on two really nice shots for the 'Dogs. Things are really looking up.

Comment

Looks like on the stats an OT winner for UMD 3-2... Was it a good play Blackbeard?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

SCSU 2 - UMD 3 final in OT. SOG: SCSU 21 - UMD 31 after regulation.

Mrazova at 2:15 into OT with another beauty...wrist shot from between the face off circle and the boards that went short side (might have nicked an SCSU defenceman).

UMD poured on the offence and turned up the shot counter in the 3rd but couldn't bag the winner.(They were looking like a fairly cohesive team which is the opposite of what I saw a couple weeks ago).

And some nice shots were cranked from the point...nice to see.

Tonight's effort looked a lot better than the last two games that I saw.
          Last edited by Blackbeard; 11-03-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            SCSU 2 - UMD 3 final in OT. SOG: SCSU 21 - UMD 31 after regulation.

Mrazova at 2:15 into OT with another beauty...wrist shot from between the face off circle and the boards that went short side (might have nicked an SCSU defenceman).

UMD poured on the offence and turned up the shot counter in the 3rd but couldn't bag the winner.(They were looking like a fairly cohesive team which is the opposite of what I saw a coupe weeks ago).

Tonight's effort looked a lot better than the last two games that I saw.
            Thanks...figured you'd have the description.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Back in business, video is working again:

SCSU 2 - UMD 2 after two. SOG: SCSU 9 - UMD 11

Erickson scored for SCSU putting them up 2-1. (Didn't see it).

up.
              I had trouble with video tonight also...ended up watching on my phone.

First St Cloud goal on a breakaway. Second on a three on one.

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                I had trouble with video tonight also...ended up watching on my phone.

First St Cloud goal on a breakaway. Second on a three on one.
                Thanks.

And I forgot to mention a couple things. UMD "blew" a great opportunity in the third when an SCSU player slid deep into the UMD net as the 'Dogs were beginning to take the puck out of their end. It took that player 5-10 seconds to get out of the net while her 4 team mates were on the back check. Although the 'Dogs didn't doddle at the same time I sensed by their apparent lack of urgency that they didn't comprehend the time sensitive advantage that was now theirs (which the 4 SCSU players seemed to understand) and they set up in the offensive zone as per usual which allowed the previously netted SCSU player to bring her team back to full strength in their own end. Advantage lost.

And the game was a very polite affair with the first (and I think the only) penalty coming at 14:43 of the third to UMD's Elmes.

Comment

SCSU - UMD 1 after one. SOG SCSU 3 - UMD 12.

Emma Yanko with her first as a Bulldog. Stole the puck (I think) in the high slot skated, around a defender and then whiffed on a backhander (which may have handcuffed the goaltender, although it didn't appear to) and slowly went 5 hole.

The 'Dogs were fairly swarming on a power play right at the end of the period with Healy getting a good opportunity in close but burying it into the goaltender's mid section. Again, lost opportunities due to inaccurate shooting.
                  Last edited by Blackbeard; 11-04-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

SCSU 2 - UMD 4 Final SOG SCSU 24 - UMD 31.

Too much going on...of the rest of the goals I only saw Healy's which was a wrist shot from the point that may have been deflected because it appeared by the goaltender's reaction that it headed upward before it dropped in (behind?) her into the net.

Comment

Sounds like a healthy group of recruits from the early signing period...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...ng-period.aspx

And the team should be more of a presence with Rooney back next season...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2017...s-cup-win.aspx
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 11-17-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Raiders and 'Dogs knotted at naught after one in Burlington. SOG Raiders 8 - 'Dogs 10.

Some beautiful stick handling in the corner by Mrazova with a toe drag and feed in front came close to notching a marker.

1st half of the period was mostly UMD and then end to end after that.

FREE GAME...

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/v...reamType=video

Comment

Pretty high-quality game. UMD up 2-0 after two,
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

CU 0 - UMD 2 after two. SOG CU 16 - UMD 19.

Two goals late in the period within 17 seconds of each other.

Rogge from Mrazova with a laser like wrist shot from low in the face off circle and then Brodt from Rogge and Mrazova after pressing hard into the Raider end after the face off and coming up with the puck on the end boards behind the CU net for the feed and the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Pretty high-quality game.
                              Was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Just turned it on and UMD scores again. Now 3-0 about 4 minutes into the 3rd.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X