Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    When did Pearson officially sign his NLI?
    What difference does it make?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Both he and Cates signed in November 2016
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        What difference does it make?
        If he's not signed, it's not tampering. The early signing period is Nov 8--15 of this year and the regular period is from April 1-August 11, 2018. This is no different than Blake Pietila (the one now in the pros) signing with Tech. In the world of sports, there's no honor amongst thieves!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

If he's not signed, it's not tampering. The early signing period is Nov 8--15 of this year and the regular period is from April 1-August 11, 2018. This is no different than Blake Pietila (the one now in the pros) signing with Tech. In the world of sports, there's no honor amongst thieves!
          In the original post I said he had signed...so who cares about this year's signing period?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We clearly stated he signed an NLI so its tampering.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              We clearly stated he signed an NLI so its tampering.
              It's not tampering at all! If a player signs his NLI during either signing period and the school doesn't bring him in in the beginning of fall semester. The NLI is nullified and the player can go to any school and like a free agent. I'm friends with Keaton's family and so happy he's going to Michigan now!! Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                In the original post I said he had signed...so who cares about this year's signing period?
                You're right, he was signed, but since Tech didn't bring him in this year, he had a way out. My mistake.
                Last edited by davyd83; 09-07-2017, 03:53 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerice View Post
                  It's not tampering at all! If a player signs his NLI during either signing period and the school doesn't bring him in in the beginning of fall semester. The NLI is nullified and the player can go to any school and like a free agent. I'm friends with Keaton's family and so happy he's going to Michigan now!! Go Blue!
                  http://www.nationalletter.org/aboutTheNli/index.html

It is not for the next year. The letter of intent binds the player to the institution for 1 year, their first year, whether that is the next year or 3 years down the line. If Pearson did in fact contact a player that had a signed LOI from Tech, while he was coach at Michigan, it is tampering, and it is an NCAA violation.

http://www.nationalletter.org/nliPro...mitations.html

The statute of limitations on a LOI is 4 years from the signing date, according to the link posted above.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You're right, he was signed, but since Tech didn't bring him in this year, he had a way out. My mistake.
                    If he signed in November 2016, then he doesn't have a way out of his LOI, and it is still binding, until November 2020.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Who cares about this kid anymore? If he didn't want to play in Houghton, I don't want him on the team anyway.

Joe's got a strong list of guys on the roster. I'm sure he will find enough that want to play hard for him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Who cares about this kid anymore? If he didn't want to play in Houghton, I don't want him on the team anyway.

Joe's got a strong list of guys on the roster. I'm sure he will find enough that want to play hard for him.

I don't want him on the team either, but it sure would be nice to see some sanctions thrown Michigan's way.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Let's just sanction them at the GLI! I would love to see Mel go a long time before getting a W against Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            If he signed in November 2016, then he doesn't have a way out of his LOI, and it is still binding, until November 2020.
                            I'm going to take a wild guess that Mel and the UM compliance department know the NLI rules far better than I do or anyone else here. Even Tech Hockey Guide seems to think Pehrson had an out. And they're usually pretty accurate.

http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...017-and-beyond

Comment

Joe took the right stance on Cates and Pehrson, letting them do what they want. The question is how much communication did either player have with UMD or Michigan before they asked Joe to release them to reopen their recruiting process. I assume Cates could have had non-issue contact through his brother and my guess is Pehrson had communication through Muckalt before he officially became assistant coach. I doubt you could prove anything thats a legit violation.

If anyone isn't happy with the coaching change and doesn't want to play for MTU anymore, let them go...we're better off having players that want to be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

I say Tech will lose two more players and looking at there list it's getting a little thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X