Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

What did people make of Tech's Stretch Internet content announcement. I was hoping for Roku access for hockey, maybe Roku would be WCHA only so there's still hope in a future announcement?

Michigan Tech and Stretch Internet to Offer Content on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/g...20170825p3532h

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      What did people make of Tech's Stretch Internet content announcement. I was hoping for Roku access for hockey, maybe Roku would be WCHA only so there's still hope in a future announcement?

Michigan Tech and Stretch Internet to Offer Content on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/g...20170825p3532h
      If Stretch isn't supporting the Roku family for MTU alone, they won't be doing it for hockey. They must have no desire to support that platform.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Robb's nephew.
        So would that make him the son of former LSSU player Pete Stauber?

Comment

Looks like Packy Munson will be our transferring goalie, per THG. He has at least two years of eligibility left, and can play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Looks like Packy Munson will be our transferring goalie, per THG. He has at least two years of eligibility left, and can play immediately.
            That's HUGE, gives us two experienced goaltenders to start and a very promising freshman.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Awesome! Takes away some of the question marks at the goalie position.

Comment

Yep, big deal to land him this late. He should give Beydoun and Kero plenty of competition.

Comment

It's a pretty good week when you pick up a starting goaltender and a potential NHL draft pick. Nice work, Coach Shawhan!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I don't know about conference. Conferences don't really matter in MN HS, it is more about how you play against your section, since that is how you get seeded, and how you get to the Tourney. I believe that Marshall School is now playing up, so they would be in section 7AA, along with Duluth East, Grand Rapids, CEC, Elk River, etc. That is not a weak section. Performing well against those teams would be a good sign.

edit: Marshall played a tough schedule last year, and didn't win games against the good teams. @Tonka, @Benilde, @Hermantown, @Grand Rapids, @STA, @Hill Murray. That is pretty brutal, but in many of those games, it looks like they were in the games, they just didn't win. And they did beat most of the teams that aren't in that upper echelon.
                    Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    It's a pretty good week when you pick up a starting goaltender and a potential NHL draft pick. Nice work, Coach Shawhan!
                    OK, looks like he's the real deal. Nice pick up for Tech. Need to get a few more like him.

Comment

Just so we're clear on this up front, we're calling him "Pucky the Puck Stopper". He's transferred twice now, he doesn't need any more Packy-ing / moving.
                      And if anyone messes with our goalie they are going to get Muson'd out in the middle of nowhere.
                      A lot of potential for great fan signs with this guy...
                      Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

If I still ran the student section, everyone would bring their luggage to the game.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looks like he plays for Duluth Marshall HS.
                          Could be some fun family situations in the near future. His cousin jaxson committed to mankato. Look to be about the same age
                          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Nice. We weren't the only ones interested. Score one for our new coach!

Comment

Great to hear the Munson news.

Between Baltus' 5th year, Keegan Ford coming in and Munson, good to have more NCAA experience than I thought this team would have.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                Great to hear the Munson news.

Between Baltus' 5th year, Keegan Ford coming in and Munson, good to have more NCAA experience than I thought this team would have.
                                You know don't be fooled by the apparent lack of serious talk until recently on this site, I think most fans are very excited about the upcoming season and I can say I have very high hopes. I also think the WCHA could get two or possibly three into the tournament.

Congratulations to coach Shawhan, and his assistants on the new players.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X