Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    For those of you attending the November 10th game at the JMSIA against NMU, Michigan Tech is holding a Military Appreciation weekend. They're hoping for a "Camo-Out" in the stands instead of a whiteout or blackout. And maybe more noteworthy - the Huskies will be wearing one-off camouflage hockey jerseys, which will be up for bids during the game with a silent auction. The only way to make a bid is to be in the arena, there are no online bids.

Cue the shot of Ryan both drooling at the jerseys and fuming that he can't be there.
    I don't mind the Military Appreciation night, but camo jerseys, eww.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The Huskies will be wearing one-off camouflage hockey jerseys, which will be up for bids during the game with a silent auction. The only way to make a bid is to be in the arena, there are no online bids.

Cue the shot of Ryan both drooling at the jerseys and fuming that he can't be there.
      Look Ren, beautiful new Huskies military jerseys.
      I can't bid! Those E-e-e-dee-iots!
      Shut up and take my money!

Military auction, hmmm. At least I have time to formulate my plan of attack. I guess I'll have to commence stealth operation "Blackbird Bid".
      Might be a good chance to slap that brand new Husky logo right on the front of the jersey since all the traditional fans will hate them anyway.

Back 6-7 years ago when OT Sports was producing the Huskies jerseys, they offered this design to the team, but the Tech staff didn't go forward with the concept.
      Ryan J
      Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-31-2017, 09:40 AM.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

There was a story in the Wisconsin State Journal this week about the future of the UND-Wisconsin rivalry.

The teams will play next year in Grand Forks, but don’t have anything scheduled beyond that.

UND coach Brad Berry said that he wants to play teams from a lot of different conferences annually. Berry specifically mentioned Michigan Tech as an opponent that he wants to get back on the schedule.
        Link: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=108717

As a UND fan, I'd love to see UND/MTU play again. I know there are still some Tech fans that have angst regarding UND/NCHC but I'd love to be able to travel up to Houghton as I never did when UND was in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

As a UND fan, I'd love to see UND/MTU play again. I know there are still some Tech fans that have angst regarding UND/NCHC but I'd love to be able to travel up to Houghton as I never did when UND was in the WCHA.
          If a team like UND is up for an equal trade of home/away games, I'm all for it!
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech plays at home this weekend. C'mon up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              2016 MacNaughton WCHA Regular Season Champs
              2017 Broadmoor WCHA Tourney Champs
              2018... What's it gonna be this year?
              Ryan J
              Icebreaker counts for 2017-2018 so there's your answer!
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I know there are still some Tech fans that have angst regarding NCHC...
                I've never heard of such people.
                I <3 the NCHC so much.

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Icebreaker counts for 2017-2018 so there's your answer!
                  I had hoped for more but I guess we'll see in April if that ends up being the season highlight.

Ryan

Comment

Finally listened to the Joe Shawhan show and I thought he spoke regarding the reffing on Saturday very well. Not the quality we should see at the D1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      If a team like UND is up for an equal trade of home/away games, I'm all for it!
                      That does not appear to be the case...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Go huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Military auction, hmmm. At least I have time to formulate my plan of attack. I guess I'll have to commence stealth operation "Blackbird Bid".
                          Might be a good chance to slap that brand new Husky logo right on the front of the jersey since all the traditional fans will hate them anyway.

Back 6-7 years ago when OT Sports was producing the Huskies jerseys, they offered this design to the team, but the Tech staff didn't go forward with the concept.
                          Ryan J
                          It appears they have decided to go with something much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post

He was 100% right with his prediction, they did slap the new logo front and center!
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

that is one of the best ugly jerseys I've ever seen

Comment

Holy mother of god.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X