Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    And they don't even let the Pep Band in the building.
    ...As far as anyone knows anyway.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      And they don't even let the Pep Band in the building.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      They should let the pep band play in the arena (if it came down to it) for a playoff game. Something that needs to be addressed by the league.
      Hell, Tech's band played in Minnesota even when the hockey team didn't make it there; back in the former WCHA.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        ...As far as anyone knows anyway.
        Ryan
        I guess I should have written "Pep Band".

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          They should let the pep band play in the arena (if it came down to it) for a playoff game. Something that needs to be addressed by the league.
          Hell, Tech's band played in Minnesota even when the hockey team didn't make it there; back in the former WCHA.
          Ah, they got to play in the 18,568 seat XCel Energy Center. Can you post a copy of Tech’s invitations to opposing teams bands.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Ah, they got to play in the 18,568 seat XCel Energy Center. Can you post a copy of Tech’s invitations to opposing teams bands.
            The Mac doesn't need the opposing fans or their pep bands to provide a great atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              The Mac doesn't need the opposing fans or their pep bands to provide a great atmosphere.

Ever go to a game at the Mac in the days before Mel? And I do believe the NMU v MTU game in Marquette earlier this year was a full house. No need for the Tech band.
              Last edited by davyd83; 01-14-2018, 10:24 PM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Ever go to a game at the Mac in the days before Mel? And I do believe the NMU v MTU game in Marquette earlier this year was a full house. No need for the Tech band.
                Maybe you should be out on the streets of the Marquette area rounding up people to go to the games at The Berry. Before Mel our average attendance was in the 2000's and now it is close to 3000. Tech is the only team you get a great attendance for. What is your average attendance?
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Yes, I have. The NMU vs MTU games I went to were at or near full. The rest of the games, not so much. It is hard to pack a stadium when losing by 4+ goals each game was normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                    Yes, I have. The NMU vs MTU games I went to were at or near full. The rest of the games, not so much. It is hard to pack a stadium when losing by 4+ goals each game was normal.
                    The official attendance numbers had no resemblance to reality back then.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

In the 80's the Tech Pep Band used to travel to Lakeview Arena for games. Not sure what year that stopped, but I will look for some video proof that it did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                        Maybe you should be out on the streets of the Marquette area rounding up people to go to the games at The Berry. Before Mel our average attendance was in the 2000's and now it is close to 3000. Tech is the only team you get a great attendance for. What is your average attendance?

Doubtful they were averaging 2K before Mel. Somebody was fudging numbers if that's the case. I was at some games in the last couple years of the Russell era and that place was not even half full.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/32722...tion-episode-6

Great stuff for those that haven't watched it yet. The Tech portion begins about the 17 minute mark.

The BG portion is well worth the watch as well..

Comment

Couple of recruits doing well. Polglaze got a OT game winner the other night. And Bliss scored a real nice sniper goal against Muskegon the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                              Doubtful they were averaging 2K before Mel. Somebody was fudging numbers if that's the case. I was at some games in the last couple years of the Russell era and that place was not even half full.
                              Used to sit in six seats for the price of one (arms spread, legs over the seat in front of you) and if the whole place did that it was still less than half full

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I did. The MTU vs NMU games were full, so was Winter Carnival. Outside of that, the place was dead.

On a side note, what section are Tech fans sitting in for the BGSU games coming up?

Comment

Working...
                                X