Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Can't argue with the results! These boys have more fight in them than the past 2 seasons combined!
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

let's hope we got out of there with no injuries.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Sorry, Tech plays in Vegas on the 5th and 6th. Rangers play on the 7th. Had my dates crossed.
        Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 10-08-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Looks like Packy Munson has found a home and Tech has found a goaltender.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Some highlights here, Alex Smith pass to Misiak, wow.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhcBXNVYQ5Q

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              I think there will be a fair amount of "UMD was exhausted from the night before" rationale
              Well, only from NCHC voters. I think the rest of the voters understand that nearly all college hockey games are part of back to back nights. If you can't win on Saturday night, plan on finishing your season with a sub 0.500 record.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Well, only from NCHC voters. I think the rest of the voters understand that nearly all college hockey games are part of back to back nights. If you can't win on Saturday night, plan on finishing your season with a sub 0.500 record.
                Ryan J
                Not from this NCHC writer. Duluth however, lost its two best D from last year plus its starting goalie. I think Tech is very good, and will likely compete for the WCHA crown, possibly an at-large. I don't think the result had anything to do with Duluth being tired, but I don't think Duluth is as good as last year's national runner-up.

Also, I do remember last year's Icebreaker. Denver hosted, and lost to OSU and then BC in the consolation. Sometimes teams take time to gel.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  Can't argue with the results! These boys have more fight in them than the past 2 seasons combined!
                  Improved leadership behind the bench wilk do that.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                    Not from this NCHC writer. Duluth however, lost its two best D from last year plus its starting goalie. I think Tech is very good, and will likely compete for the WCHA crown, possibly an at-large. I don't think the result had anything to do with Duluth being tired, but I don't think Duluth is as good as last year's national runner-up.

Also, I do remember last year's Icebreaker. Denver hosted, and lost to OSU and then BC in the consolation. Sometimes teams take time to gel.
                    I wish Tech fans had the sense to look past NCHC hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post

Lost two best D from last year plus it's starting goalie?

Sounds familiar to Huskies fans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Lost two best D from last year plus it's starting goalie?

Sounds familiar to Huskies fans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                        I think you could argue 3 best and with Liebinger, 4 of the teams best D. No disrespect to the remaining guys, they are all very good and were all part of the best D corp in college hockey last year.

A lot of positives in Tech's first 3 games. The biggest positive is what appears to be a great coaching staff!

Comment

Way to early to mean anything at all but still exciting!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            Way to early to mean anything at all but still exciting!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/
                            Definitely too early to care about what the PWR say today, but the 2 non-conference wins picked up this last weekend will be paying PWR dividends all season long. If Tech gets in the NCAA tournament as an at-large, it was this last weekend that got them in. To say it was huge is an understatement.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Always fun to have Tech weekend in Duluth. Glad to have stopped by with you rowdy people up in the rafters. You won over my daughter with your costumes and singing/chanting the entire game. I agree. Thanks again MeG for the Tech pompom for my daughter.

As far as the game goes, yikes the Huskies power-play was ridiculous.
                              Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                              bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                                Always fun to have Tech weekend in Duluth. Glad to have stopped by with you rowdy people up in the rafters. You won over my daughter with your costumes and singing/chanting the entire game. I agree. Thanks again MeG for the Tech pompom for my daughter.

As far as the game goes, yikes the Huskies power-play was ridiculous.
                                I thought the pp was good, but was pretty average later in the game. It still needs a lot of work.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X