Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

I'm glad they used the new logo on the front. (Ok now I'll duct the firestorm.)

Worst case -everyone hates the new logo on the hockey jerseys because they just want script "Huskies" on the front forever and ever. So the team wears them one time, they are then gone forever, and the hate dies off by the next home series.

Best case - they actually get some positive comments from the current students and younger fans, and the next home jersey they design has this logo on the front. Don't worry die-hards, we'll still have TWO jerseys (cream and gold) with "Huskies" on the front.

I didn't expect to see the gold in the camo design, but I think that is pretty cool as well. I don't recall seeing any college team do their school colors in the camo. From a rules stand point, I have to imagine we'll see NMU wearing white at Tech. I can't imagine that camo jersey design passes as a "light" color.

From a cost standpoint, as I guessed they would, Tech went ultra-low cost route (I won't call them cheap because no jerseys are) with all sublimated / screened construction. However I get it. Tech isn't going to spend $175-$200 per jersey on something they will use once and also want to be a vehicle to raise funds for charity. I'm guessing with the minimum bid set at $60, Tech's cost was about $60 each for them. So any bid over the minimum is going to charity. I would hope Tech gets at least $100 each for them on average.

Ok so... who wants to be a bidder on my behalf next Friday if necessary? Shoot me an email (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) if you plan to attend and would be willing to bid for me. I'm going to reach out to the athletics department and find out how firm they really are on their "must be present to bid" policy.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
      It appears they have decided to go with something much worse.

That’s... a whole lot of look...
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I'm glad they used the new logo on the front. (Ok now I'll duct the firestorm.)

Worst case -everyone hates the new logo on the hockey jerseys because they just want script "Huskies" on the front forever and ever. So the team wears them one time, they are then gone forever, and the hate dies off by the next home series.

Best case - they actually get some positive comments from the current students and younger fans, and the next home jersey they design has this logo on the front. Don't worry die-hards, we'll still have TWO jerseys (cream and gold) with "Huskies" on the front.

I didn't expect to see the gold in the camo design, but I think that is pretty cool as well. I don't recall seeing any college team do their school colors in the camo. From a rules stand point, I have to imagine we'll see NMU wearing white at Tech. I can't imagine that camo jersey design passes as a "light" color.

From a cost standpoint, as I guessed they would, Tech went ultra-low cost route (I won't call them cheap because no jerseys are) with all sublimated / screened construction. However I get it. Tech isn't going to spend $175-$200 per jersey on something they will use once and also want to be a vehicle to raise funds for charity. I'm guessing with the minimum bid set at $60, Tech's cost was about $60 each for them. So any bid over the minimum is going to charity. I would hope Tech gets at least $100 each for them on average.

Ok so... who wants to be a bidder on my behalf next Friday if necessary? Shoot me an email (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) if you plan to attend and would be willing to bid for me. I'm going to reach out to the athletics department and find out how firm they really are on their "must be present to bid" policy.

Thanks,
        Ryan
        I'm not the jersey expert that Ryan is, but I like how they used school colors. Generally I do not like camo jerseys and this makes it a little easier to swallow.

As for the logo, I'm guilty as charged in that I think having the script "Huskies" on every jersey would be just fine with me. The new logo is kind if generic IMHO. But it would have a nice place on one shoulder and the UP with the star at Houghton on the other.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

As I've said, not a fan of camo jerseys personally, but of the ones I've seen, this is pretty much the one I like the best. The one Ryan had posted before from OT was Good awful, doing it on school colors with the new logo, I can actually dig it a bit. Is it even close to any of our other jerseys, no, not at all, but too me this is probably the least objectionable camo jersey they could have done.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Kero gets the start tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
              Kero gets the start tonight.
              Darn you, was just going to post that, lol.

Comment

Live chat of tonight’s game: https://discord.gg/VgYT5N
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Not scoring on a 5x3 hurts. BGSU is so suffocating, not much ice out there.

No coach Joe postgame with Dirk, odd.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSKjtVcRfA

Interview with Joe post game.

Comment

Pretty flashy to say the least....not bad in my opinion.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I like it better than the one above. The first is too generic. The second one stands out that's for sure.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

The flag on the right shoulder is facing the wrong direction. The Flag should always appear to be moving forward, never retreating.
                          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Well regardless, on to tomorrow. We have to get better and we are. Let's all look forward and not back.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Well regardless, on to tomorrow. We have to get better and we are. Let's all look forward and not back.
                              Have to agree, it is not how you start, it is how you finish, the WCHA is improved this year, it will take some time... I hope Smith gets it going, I was expecting him to standout on this team. Need a good effort tonight and get the confidence back.

Comment

I prefer the script "Huskies", but the logo is ok.
                                As to my opinion of the camo jersey ... the wrong end of the dog is on the logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X