Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Bummer, district Detroit app showing GLI on Jan 1/2.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      I can now confirm at 100% that the GLI dates are in fact January 1 & 2. There will be a WWE event on either December 27 or 28, which will preclude any chance of those dates.
      Yeah, we knew that a month ago but no one wanted to believe it.

Comment

Unfortunate to see the video at the bottom of this link posted under these circumstances, but that's the first time I've ever seen video of those 1993-94 throwbacks.
        http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170922kafwlq

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Is the ticket office selling wisconsin tickets or should we go to the kohl center /wisconsin web site to buy them, or is it fine to get them at the door?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Unfortunate to see the video at the bottom of this link posted under these circumstances, but that's the first time I've ever seen video of those 1993-94 throwbacks.
            http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170922kafwlq

Ryan J
            Boy those videos of 93 era highlights brings back memories of my life at Tech. RIP Mitch, too ****ed young.

Comment

Will be interesting to see the intrasquad today.

Have to be partial to the Gold

I am very curious to see Russell, Reitmeyer, and Misiak. From the Shawhan show, none had jumped ahead as of yet.

I think at least 1 will be in the lineup against Wisconsin, unless Brice and Blacklock do not allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Is the ticket office selling wisconsin tickets or should we go to the kohl center /wisconsin web site to buy them, or is it fine to get them at the door?
                Here's a link to the Kohl Center ticket page for this game. I believe there's a $2.50 fee, but to me it's certainly easier to pick your own seats and avoid the box office. Welcome to the Kohl Center!
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Kind of a sad turnout for a relatively cheap exhibition game. Even the Misfits are thin for this one.

Comment

Yea, would have liked to see more people in the stands. I think all three goalies looked quite good, I am definitely not as worried about the goalie situation this year as I was last year, with Packy having experience and Beydoun possibly being the next Redmond, we should be good. It's hard to tell much from an intrasquad game obviously, but the puck movement on the powerplay looked much better and sharper than last year, hopefully that translates into real games, but who knows.

Finally, I HATE the center ice logo, should either also say Michigan Tech with the husky or be the traditional slanted Huskies script, just the husky is terrible IMO.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Kind of a sad turnout for a relatively cheap exhibition game. Even the Misfits are thin for this one.
                      Too nice outside! Summers still here. It would have been a nice break from the heat though.
                      How'd the team look?
                      Last edited by rustedblades; 09-23-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        Finally, I HATE the center ice logo, should either also say Michigan Tech with the husky or be the traditional slanted Huskies script, just the husky is terrible IMO.
                        They paid the big bucks for that logo, so you can be d@mn sure it's going to be on everything they can conceivably put it on for the next 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          They paid the big bucks for that logo, so you can be d@mn sure it's going to be on everything they can conceivably put it on for the next 20 years.
                          It was designed in house.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Well the logo would be enhanced with the script Huskies if you ask me , but whatever. Can't wait to hear how the freshmen played and I disagreed with the THG writer about the goalies. I think Kero has improved and is now as good as the others..... And he does have game experience. This is going to be a pretty good team. I tried to find it on Facebook but gave up.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Here's a link to the Kohl Center ticket page for this game. I believe there's a $2.50 fee, but to me it's certainly easier to pick your own seats and avoid the box office. Welcome to the Kohl Center!
                              If you are a local, I would check with Tech's Central Ticket Office. If you are in the area and go to the window to buy them there is no charge. I think they quit selling tickets so many days before the actual game, so I would act quickly if that is the route you want to go.
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                It was designed in house.
                                Ah, and here I assumed they paid a sports marketing firm to make it. Well, now I can grouse about them being cheap.

The goalies all looked decent enough. Beydoun, being a freshman, will need to spend time working on being more consistent in his positioning. He made a big desperation save, but then gave up a softie a few minutes later because he failed to hug the post.

Line chemistry needs more time to gel, but that's not surprising given that it's September.

Comment

Working...
                                X