Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    I read somewhere that Minnesota and North Dakota are playing out in Vegas next year, but thought it was scheduled sometime early in the season. In the Fall was what I read.
    Yes, that is correct, but it is just a single game for the US Hockey Hall of Fame like Tech played this year vs WI. It will also be held at the Orleans venue, not T-Mobile.
    https://www.orleansarena.com/event-c...y-of-minnesota

I "strongly dislike" the Whioux?, but honestly that is a game that should be played at T-Mobile (~17,500 capacity) rather than the Orleans (<7,800 capacity). The Ice Vegas Tourney could have been at the Orleans for the first couple years with capacity to spare. Very good chance they could have told out T-Mobile as well, or at least come very close. People have been begging for this game since the Whioux? walked away from the WCHA.

Much like the Desert Classic a few years ago, when you put 3,000 fans in a rink that seats 15,000+, the atmosphere suffers. If I want to see hockey in a rink that is 90% empty, I'll go watch the Bi6(7) conference tourney.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Yes, that is correct, but it is just a single game for the US Hockey Hall of Fame like Tech played this year vs WI. It will also be held at the Orleans venue, not T-Mobile.
      https://www.orleansarena.com/event-c...y-of-minnesota

I "strongly dislike" the Whioux?, but honestly that is a game that should be played at T-Mobile (~17,500 capacity) rather than the Orleans (<7,800 capacity). The Ice Vegas Tourney could have been at the Orleans for the first couple years with capacity to spare. Very good chance they could have told out T-Mobile as well, or at least come very close. People have been begging for this game since the Whioux? walked away from the WCHA.

Much like the Desert Classic a few years ago, when you put 3,000 fans in a rink that seats 15,000+, the atmosphere suffers. If I want to see hockey in a rink that is 90% empty, I'll go watch the Bi6(7) conference tourney.
      Ryan
      The Orleans Arena is owned by Boyd Gaming. MGM is the tournament founder and partner with bdglobal in it. MGM is also a partner in T-Mobile Arena.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

T Mobile was absolutely frigid on Friday. Didn't seem as cold Saturday but maybe because I added a layer. With that being said, I didn't think the ice was in great shape. Maybe because you had 4 teams practicing there?

In regard to Tech attendance, just curious if you guys know. Where do your alums live? Primarily Michigan? Spread out somewhat evenly across the US? I was very impressed with the # of Tech fans there and definitely was not expecting it. I know Vegas is a special kind of trip but still an impressive showing. First time I have had the chance to see Michigan Tech play in person.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          T Mobile was absolutely frigid on Friday. Didn't seem as cold Saturday but maybe because I added a layer. With that being said, I didn't think the ice was in great shape. Maybe because you had 4 teams practicing there?

In regard to Tech attendance, just curious if you guys know. Where do your alums live? Primarily Michigan? Spread out somewhat evenly across the US? I was very impressed with the # of Tech fans there and definitely was not expecting it. I know Vegas is a special kind of trip but still an impressive showing. First time I have had the chance to see Michigan Tech play in person.
          We have a quite a few snow birds in the southwest, but yes, most alums are in Michigan, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota. We have always traveled well...We were the largest crowd at the Desert Hockey Classic, always draw well to the GLI and were the best draw or very close 2nd (penn state) at the regional last year in Cincinnati.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            We have a quite a few snow birds in the southwest, but yes, most alums are in Michigan, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota. We have always traveled well...We were the largest crowd at the Desert Hockey Classic, always draw well to the GLI and were the best draw or very close 2nd (penn state) at the regional last year in Cincinnati.
            Tech generally has the biggest visitor contingent of any of Kato's WCHA opponents. Many are Twin Cities people, but there are a good number down from the UP as well. Keep it up! We need the revenue and the atmosphere!

Comment

Back from Vegas, and I have to say, I don't think I've had a more enjoyable college hockey road trip. There is not a better place in the country to travel for an event like this than Vegas. We gambled, watched hockey, gambled, watched some shows, had some great meals, gambled, walked the strip multiple times, and ran into other Tech fans and former players all the time. We went out there expecting a good time, and our expectations were completely exceeded. The entire trip was incredible, and we will go back any and every year Tech is invited back.

The arena was very nice. Yes, it was too big for this tournament, at this point in the process, but hopefully it will grow into T-Mobile. The arena in-game staff was not Golden Knights staff, so they were still figuring it out. I was very impressed with Tech's fan turnout, I thought we did a great job of showing that we should be invited to these kinds of events, because we will travel.

Fingers crossed that Tech is back in the field again in the near future!
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

There is no better place to have an NHL game then in the birthplace of pro hockey!

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/com...D2BB3AEA662A63

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Last edited by rustedblades; 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

ok, how's this for a what if. ... Tech finishes forth. NMU second. Tech wins the first round vs Bemidji,... a challenge I know. Then gets Mankato on the road, beats Mankato and then gets.... NMU in Marquette. How would that be for an exciting event....?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    ok, how's this for a what if. ... Tech finishes forth. NMU second. Tech wins the first round vs Bemidji,... a challenge I know. Then gets Mankato on the road, beats Mankato and then gets.... NMU in Marquette. How would that be for an exciting event....?
                    One can only hope
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

With NMU's fan support, if they hosted a championship game, the WCHA would move back to neutral sites. *******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8.jpg********

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        With NMU's fan support, if they hosted a championship game, the WCHA would move back to neutral sites. *******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8.jpg********
                        Well, they only draw for one opponent. And I think we all know who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Well, they only draw for one opponent. And I think we all know who that is.
                          And they don't even let the Pep Band in the building.

Comment

I think it would be epic

Comment

Just in case anyone is considering swimming in Scotland on vacation during the summer.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01KVj8kEjMo

Comment

Just in case anyone is considering swimming in Scotland on vacation during the summer.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01KVj8kEjMo
                                Sounds just like Lake Superior!
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X