Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    Lesperance seems to be slumping in all categories. No points again last night and only 1 shot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    slumping a little, no doubt. Then again I saw the highlights from last weekend and he set up several people and they missed wide open nets. if you make a good play and the other guy can't finish, not much you can do about it other than keep playing hard and hope you and the rest of the guys play your way out of the slumps.

Edit... RB, L'Esperance had the assist in the winning goal Friday night. The box score has Gould. However Joel got the primary assist. Still slumping though..
    Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 11-26-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      If anyone is looking for a low cost ($40+shipping) replica Huskies jersey from the 2000s, there is a sporting good store that is going out of business and is selling their remaining inventory on Ebay.
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/danielp5969...1&_ipg=&_from=
      FYI,
      Ryan J
      I loved that Jersey set to be honest, thought they were all good looking, really loved the gold and black jerseys though.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        I loved that Jersey set to be honest, thought they were all good looking, really loved the gold and black jerseys though.
        the font on the gold jerseys was terrible.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech showed that they are capable of playing a complete game last night. Now maybe they can bring that effort, D, goaltending and O every night.

Munson finally showed us the game we all expected of him from the start. Unfortunate that he couldn't get the shutout (did anyone else get the feeling that the refs were going to keep putting Huskies in the penalty box until the fans got a chance to throw all the teddy bears?)

Found some offense. The PK has improved. The PP could still use some work. Hopefully we can look back on this series as the point where the Huskies got it rolling for the rest of the season.

Comment

Pretty BS hit by UAF #12 on Auk there in the last few seconds of the game. The league office should be following up and giving him a game off, IMO.

Otherwise, a sweep is a sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Pretty BS hit by UAF #12 on Auk there in the last few seconds of the game. The league office should be following up and giving him a game off, IMO.

100%, Joe was ****ed as hell about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

A game? That was worthy of multiple nights off. Just another dirt***** Fairbanks thug. Those are the kind of hits that cause long term injury.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  A game? That was worthy of multiple nights off. Just another dirt***** Fairbanks thug. Those are the kind of hits that cause long term injury.
                  I am not convinced it was as bad as it looked at first blush. We'll see. I'm glad auk is ok.

Otherwise what the troll said. I liked the pk, a lot. the PP not so much. I thought the defensive wasn't all that great but UA didn't finish. I'd like to see us do a better job of staying out of the box. I thought we deserved all the penalties we got and they let a lot go on both sides.

I think as a whole the face-offs need to be better.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    If the league(s) really want to get rid of that kind of dirty $h*t they need to start giving out more than a game at a time. 3-4 game suspensions would clean $h!t up fast. Players would learn, and the coaches wouldn't be recruiting the ones that play that way. That being said I have to ask just what Auk was thinking driving the net, head down, with a 5-1 lead with seconds left. Most anyone who has ever played the game knows to keep your head up at the end of a game like that. All he has to do is take the puck to the corner, or play a little catch with a teammate. Trying to take it to the net with a second left opens himself up to that kind of message being sent.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I am not convinced it was as bad as it looked at first blush. We'll see. I'm glad auk is ok.

Otherwise what the troll said. I liked the pk, a lot. the PP not so much. I thought the defensive wasn't all that great but UA didn't finish. I'd like to see us do a better job of staying out of the box. I thought we deserved all the penalties we got and they let a lot go on both sides.

I think as a whole the face-offs need to be better.
                    The way Dirk called it I thought Auk got blinded sided standing around doing nothing. But then I see the replay and he's trying cut around the D and take the puck to the net, head down. So While I agree it was a dirty hit. I think Auk put himself in a pretty good position for someone to take some frustrations out on him.. Need to be smarter than that.

yep, Packy and the D got a little bit of puck luck last night. But that's most nights when you're winning. So I cut 'em some slack on that. Agree, face-offs again where not good, something like 25 for 56 (or about). Agee again, we need to stay out of the box too, but hey at least it gave 'em a lot of much needed PK practice.

Two weeks to work on somethings... GO Huskies!

You know what I really though was dirty was the hit on Reitmeier into the open door. That UAF player should have been able to see the door open and still went for the hit. The more I watch it the more it looks like he was trying to time the hit with open door. Also whoever is supposed to be closing the door sure wasn't in much of hurry with play coming right at them. Way more dangerous than the hit on Auk and totally bush league.
                    Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 11-26-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      the font on the gold jerseys was new and original.
                      USCHO has been kinda glitchy recently. There was a typo in your post so I fixed it for you.

Honestly, the second set was even better when they went to two color names to match the numbers.
                      Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I couldn't stay up for the game late last night. Nice score to wake up to. I like the line up changes coach made, it seemed to work.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I don't want to dampen anyone's mood or insult UAF, but while we did have a good game last night and a good comeback Friday, this is UAF we are talking about, not MSUM, Bowling Green or Bemidji, so while I am definitely happy with the results and hope they are the start of something, I think we should temper it just a bit so we don't get ahead of ourselves either.

Comment

I don't want to dampen anyone's mood or insult UAF, but while we did have a good game last night and a good comeback Friday, this is UAF we are talking about, not MSUM, Bowling Green or Bemidji, so while I am definitely happy with the results and hope they are the start of something, I think we should temper it just a bit so we don't get ahead of ourselves either.
                            I hate UA_, but they are better than their record. UAA took 4 points from Tech a week ago, and UA_ throttled UAA in their non-conference series.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

True. But baby steps are better than no steps at all.

Comment

Bose, you need to lay off the negativity, this is the first time all year that MTU has done what they were supposed to do in a series. To take something away from that because it was “UA_” is just plain wrong. MTU is the better team and they finally swept a weekend series when they should have. No “but” belongs after that.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X