Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Interesting Kero made the trip over Beydoun

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Tough L, we were in it but not a lot of grade A chances.

Coach Joe with Dirk:
      Really like Steman line
      Need more balance scoring. Teams are matching L’Esperance line
      The game was there. Shows we can play with them
      Need to learn and have poise down the stretch. They made plays.
      We played well. Need more buy-in on some execution.
      Again, need poise down the stretch. Competitive greatness. Comes from experience and practice. Don’t have Roy to Hanna to get into NCAA,new guys will learn have that poise.

Comment

Caution Bumpy Road Ahead...

The trouble is that with every game some new weakness in their game pops up. PK plays a little better, but now the PP can't score to save their souls. The balanced scoring that was there to start the season has gone Poof..

I hope they start Kero tonight. Maybe he gets lit up for 10 goals. But maybe it would send Packy a message that he needs to start buying into what the Coaches are preaching (he is one of the ones Joe is referring to). The Mav's first goal never should have happened. Dirk described it as a nothing shot from the point. The Mav announcers were less kind describing it as a "lazy" rebound. Packy made some great saves. However, he is also good for giving up one or two weak ones a game, and playing rather nonchalant with his rebounds.. a buddy texting me during the game is still going with scary..

The team shows glimpses. Yet continues to find new areas that need work. Better luck tonight. GO HUSKIES!!

Comment

I wasn't able to watch, only saw the final score, but we have got to stop giving up 3+ goals a game, you just won't win too many that way. And I agree, what happened to our offense? Other than that can't comment because I didn't see the game, just starting to worry me a bit.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            I wasn't able to watch, only saw the final score, but we have got to stop giving up 3+ goals a game, you just won't win too many that way. And I agree, what happened to our offense? Other than that can't comment because I didn't see the game, just starting to worry me a bit.
            Early offense was basically Luchinni line. Not hard to stop one line once you've watched a half a dozen games of the same group. Same goes for the power play. The same line has most of the early power plays. Same scheme from the start, Lesperance in front. Pass round and round the perimeter. Maybe trying to get opposition dizzy
            Lesperance has to be more involved. Standing in front only works if you can get pucks to the net. Can't seem to do that recently.
            Maybe time to start mixing things up. Would be nice to see if Steman, Lesperance could reignite some of their freshman and sophomore chemistry; might help get Steman scoring.
            That is one aspect of former head coach I liked. He wasn't afraid to mix up the lines a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess expecting a national championship this year was to much
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

If we could somehow get Jackson going, that would help immensely. He's been pretty quiet. With his talent, they ought to be keying on him and not on L'Esperance.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

While the score line matched the other stats, it was 1-1 until MSU put in an EA goal on s delayed penalty and then scored the 3rd shortly after that same penalty what expired (before MTU could clear)
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    If we could somehow get Jackson going, that would help immensely. He's been pretty quiet. With his talent, they ought to be keying on him and not on L'Esperance.
                    You could add Baltus, Steman, and Smith to that as well. The guys that were expected to provide some added scoring punch, aren't

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    While the score line matched the other stats, it was 1-1 until MSU put in an EA goal on s delayed penalty and then scored the 3rd shortly after that same penalty what expired (before MTU could clear)
                    I was starting to think that there was a good chance of getting some points out of that game and then it all went south rather quickly. Fingers crossed Tech figures somethings out tonight and gets a split.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                      Maybe time to start mixing things up. Would be nice to see if Steman, Lesperance could reignite some of their freshman and sophomore chemistry; might help get Steman scoring.
                      That is one aspect of former head coach I liked. He wasn't afraid to mix up the lines a bit.
                      Your wish is Shawhan's command! Only the Brice-Steman-Misiak line is intact tonight.

https://***********/mtuhky/status/924409972355686400
                      Last edited by redwing61; 10-28-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        Your wish is Shawhan's command! Only the Brice-Steman-Misiak line is intact tonight.

That’s a major shake up ... looking forward to seeing what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

I like it. I think Smith, Beretta, Gould could be similar the former Luch line.
                          Lesperance and Jackson together intrigues me, 2 bigs!
                          I predict a win!
                          Go Huskies!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            MS, so far you are looking brilliant

Comment

I want to personally thank the WCHA on behalf of all of us. You've truly proven that yes, referees CAN influence a game. We appreciate you clearing that up.

Comment

That was crazy with some of those calls really deciding this game. But Packy has got to just shut the door at some point. 3-4 goals a night won’t cut it.

Joe with Dirk:
                                Our guys worked very hard. Happy with effort for first 55 mins. Will address any discipline issues.
                                We played a good game. The way it ended is a real sour taste. Will deal with league however we need to.
                                We juggled our lines a bit and got dividends. Felt confident when any line on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X