Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    That's how I interpret it too, but I can see how you could also see it as him saying that there is no one on this team as good as these guys were to talk about.
    No matter how it's interpreted, the fact is that the players gave to do it on the ice. The old cliche is true, the coach better have done his job by the time the puck drops. It's up to the players from there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
      His intent may be good but it always sounds like "We are not succeeding because we don't have a (insert names)..."
      In my opinion, interpreted by some players as I don't have anyone to compare to (insert same names)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      I think it is one of those finding the right tone and what gets through to the guys. Usually when he says something like 'We need guys to step into these rolls because those guys aren't here to do it.' or 'We are asking guys to step into rolls they have never been asked to be in before that _____ did last year.' He is trying to thread that needle of being honest and not hurt their feelings. It is a very hard thing to do, and not getting the results this team is capable of will make a coach error on the honest side.

On teams I have been on, if a guy/team can make their unorthodox style work, most coaches will let them be. If they were scoring 4+ goals a night, like they are capable of, the JS Hour would sound a whole lot different.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
        I think it is one of those finding the right tone and what gets through to the guys. Usually when he says something like 'We need guys to step into these rolls because those guys aren't here to do it.' or 'We are asking guys to step into rolls they have never been asked to be in before that _____ did last year.' He is trying to thread that needle of being honest and not hurt their feelings. It is a very hard thing to do, and not getting the results this team is capable of will make a coach error on the honest side.

On teams I have been on, if a guy/team can make their unorthodox style work, most coaches will let them be. If they were scoring 4+ goals a night, like they are capable of, the JS Hour would sound a whole lot different.
        It could also be considered a message to the fans who have maybe higher expectations than they should. I get we have to grow, I get that we in the past failed to develop players that we should have developed. We have to live with the consequences now. I also get that we are getting better every day.
        I don't think the PP should be blown up or the pk, but they are works in progress. I think this trip will be good for the development side of things. There's a lot to like in how they play, and if we can just get over the hump in some areas I think we will see big changes in results.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

https://techhockeyguide.com/2017/11/...-jersey-order/
          We are now officially able to talk publicly about the authentic jersey order now...check out the article and sign up to order an authentic jersey. We'll order whatever we get enough of to meet the minimum (25 of any one color) We're currently tracking interest in the white, gold, cream, "HOF" black, and "wheel" black (mirror of current white) plus we have a field for other if someone wants to order an older style or possibly the camo jersey.
          quick link to the google form:
          https://goo.gl/forms/U3aNVAw27LLQzRDT2
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            https://techhockeyguide.com/2017/11/...-jersey-order/
            We are now officially able to talk publicly about the authentic jersey order now...check out the article and sign up to order an authentic jersey. We'll order whatever we get enough of to meet the minimum (25 of any one color) We're currently tracking interest in the white, gold, cream, "HOF" black, and "wheel" black (mirror of current white) plus we have a field for other if someone wants to order an older style or possibly the camo jersey.
            quick link to the google form:
            https://goo.gl/forms/U3aNVAw27LLQzRDT2
            Already filled out, but the one I want the most, the white one, seems unpopular, lol.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              It could also be considered a message to the fans who have maybe higher expectations than they should. I get we have to grow, I get that we in the past failed to develop players that we should have developed. We have to live with the consequences now. I also get that we are getting better every day.
              I don't think the PP should be blown up or the pk, but they are works in progress. I think this trip will be good for the development side of things. There's a lot to like in how they play, and if we can just get over the hump in some areas I think we will see big changes in results.
              Definitely a message to fans. In response to what's wrong with PP, PK,.. And When he said it all in the early interviews, fine, we get the point. However as the season has progressed when the PP-PK questions come up, falling back on the player A, B, and C aren't here anymore answer becomes more like an excuse. We know that those were tough skates to fill, and it's taking some time for others to grow into new roles. That's a given. So when the question comes up people are really asking are we not aggressive enough, are we backing into much, are we missing our rotations... That kind of thing. We don't need the trip down memory lane. But other than that I love the candor a breath of fresh air in the coaching world where most of them talk for an hour and speak in circles and Cliche's
              Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 11-22-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                Definitely a message to fans. In response to what's wrong with PP, PK,.. And When he said it all in the early interviews, fine, we get the point. However as the season has progressed when the PP-PK questions come up, falling back on the player A, B, and C aren't here anymore answer becomes more like an excuse. We know that those were tough skates to fill, and it's taking some time for others to grow into knew roles. That's a given. So when the question comes up people are really asking are we not aggressive enough, are we backing into much, are we missing our rotations... That kind of thing. We don't need the trip down memory lane. But other than that I love the candor a breath of fresh air in the coaching world where most of them talk for an hour and speak in circles and Cliche's
                I agree, but I don't think it is an excuse. People keep asking the same questions, and the answer is the same. In that way I think he is trying to shield the players from the fan's heat.

I do believe we are one or two bounces away from being a home ice WCHA team.

Comment

Agreed. but we need to win the games we should win and not get ties and leave points out there. It will be really close but I think we can be as high as third.

Comment

I agree, but I don't think it is an excuse. People keep asking the same questions, and the answer is the same. In that way I think he is trying to shield the players from the fan's heat.

Without question it is the coaches job to shield his players. Joe does really just put it out there. Players respond differently to how it's done.

Will there be a Joe radio hour later this week, since it was missed on Mon?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Without question it is the coaches job to shield his players. Joe does really just put it out there. Players respond differently to how it's done.

Next Joe Show is on Monday 11/27

Comment

Agreed. but we need to win the games we should win and not get ties and leave points out there. It will be really close but I think we can be as high as third.
                        Yes, we need to win games and have 5+ point weekends. Most of our games, a bounce or two and we win. How many times have we seen/heard wide open net but puck bounced over the stick, puck in the skate, shot was rung off the pipe, just missed the net,... If one or two of them were goals a game, we sweep LSSU, BGSU, and Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post

There will not be a show this week because everyone is staying up in Alaska and the timing is just wrong with Alaska so many hours behind Houghton.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Question: let’s say a kid gets suspended by the league and the next game is a non league game, does he get to play?

Comment

Question: let’s say a kid gets suspended by the league and the next game is a non league game, does he get to play?
                              My guess is that the NCAA would enforce the suspension. But that's just my gut feeling. I have no info on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Miami State's Chaz Switzer has been suspended 2 games by the Nacho head honcho for an incident that happened last weekend against Duluth. He will miss both games against BG this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X