Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Bose, you need to lay off the negativity, this is the first time all year that MTU has done what they were supposed to do in a series. To take something away from that because it was “UA_” is just plain wrong. MTU is the better team and they finally swept a weekend series when they should have. No “but” belongs after that.
    Not trying to be negative with my post, just realistic. I am extremely happy with what happened this weekend and and look forward to seeing if they can continue it, but just trying to keep my expectations in the real world.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Cool article & video clip

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ies/896574001/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Bose, you need to lay off the negativity, this is the first time all year that MTU has done what they were supposed to do in a series. To take something away from that because it was “UA_” is just plain wrong. MTU is the better team and they finally swept a weekend series when they should have. No “but” belongs after that.
        Are you sure of that? You kinda are what your record says you are.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          You kinda are what your record says you are.
          GFM
          Well, we are in first place for number of conference game played. That's good enough for me. We're #1. #Winning
          Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Coach Shawhan must be reading this forum. LMAO when he started the "We don't have..." list then caught himself on the JSH.
            You're doing a great job coach, keep it up!!!

Comment

To put things into perspective, we played 12 of our first 17 games on the road. Of our remaining 20 games, 11 will be at home, which should help.

That said, it's unfortunate that we have a bye week right after a big road sweep, and before a pivotal 4-game home stand against 2 teams below us in the standings (but with 6 games in hand over us). Half our league schedule is in the rear-view mirror, and we need a ton of points to stay in the home ice hunt. Somehow the team has to find a way to cling to that momentum during off-week practices.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                Coach Shawhan must be reading this forum. LMAO when he started the "We don't have..." list then caught himself on the JSH.
                You're doing a great job coach, keep it up!!!

Another great JSH. He was much more positive this week. It sounds like he is seeing positive players growth.

I had to laugh when I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  Are you sure of that? You kinda are what your record says you are.

GFM
                  Your record is where you've been, not always where you're going.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    Correct. I think we will end up with 46 or 47 points. Which I think will be third, but it's very close.We have to play continually improving hockey to do that.We've got 6 non conference games coming up. We need to win all of those.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I haven't been keeping up. Has anyone posted that John Scott will appear in this Thursday's (11/30) episode of S.W.A.T. on CBS at 10pm?
                      He is playing a hockey player who gave a dirty hit in a previous game and is returning to the same city. S.W.A.T. has been called in to protect him.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        To put things into perspective, we played 12 of our first 17 games on the road. Of our remaining 20 games, 11 will be at home, which should help.

That said, it's unfortunate that we have a bye week right after a big road sweep, and before a pivotal 4-game home stand against 2 teams below us in the standings (but with 6 games in hand over us). Half our league schedule is in the rear-view mirror, and we need a ton of points to stay in the home ice hunt. Somehow the team has to find a way to cling to that momentum during off-week practices.
                        Having that bye week after an 11 or 12 day roadie to Alaska may be a big plus. After the long travel day on Sunday and the re-acclimating to Eastern Time, you’re lucky to get one or two really good practices in during the week.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Having that bye week after an 11 or 12 day roadie to Alaska may be a big plus. After the long travel day on Sunday and the re-acclimating to Eastern Time, you’re lucky to get one or two really good practices in during the week.
                          I'm positive it was planned but it is disappointing that it does finally come after MTU put together a solid weekend sweep for the first time since the icebreaker.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Also true, we started the 2010-11 season going 3-0-2 and we all know how that turned out...
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

We have a commitment from 20-year-old NAHL forward Andrew Bellant... which I know because Chris Brooks retweeted his announcement. How is that not an NCAA violation??

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                We have a commitment from 20-year-old NAHL forward Andrew Bellant... which I know because Chris Brooks retweeted his announcement. How is that not an NCAA violation??
                                Since August 1, 2016... it's not.

An athletics department staff member may take actions (e.g., "like," "favorite," republish, "tag," etc.) on social media platforms that indicate approval of content on social media platforms that was generated by users of the platforms other than institutional staff members or representatives of an institution's athletics interests.

Comment

Working...
                                X