Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Any chance Kero or Beydoun get a start? Looking at the highlight reel, Munson's rebounds were all over the place last night.
    IMHO it is inevitable. I get letting Munson play until he loses but it's tough to give up 3 goals a game a continue to win.
    I'd like to see them try one of the others tonight to see what they've got.

Looking at the stats it also looks like face off need some work. Lesperance leads the team at 64% followed by Luchinni at 51%. The other 4 that have taken a good number of draws are just above 40%. I wonder if the staff has ever considered putting Lesperance centering a line.I think he lead the league in FO% last year as well.
    Seeing the team for the first time live last night I do have to say I am much more confident than I was going in to the season.
    Last edited by rustedblades; 10-21-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Wow, Paulson just threw one of the dirtiest hits you'll see in modern college hockey and the cementhead WCHA refs called it a minor. F'in A Shepherd, get your crews some brains. A full out charge with an elbow to the head, all the things you keep spouting off that "we have to eliminate that from the game" and you totally blew the call - all four of you idiots.
      He got a suspension for this.
      https://***********/TechHockeyGuide/...58608886833152
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Knew it was coming at some point, doesn't mean I have to like it, lol. We are no longer undefeated vs. UAH.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Yep, sooner or later we would run into a night where 3+ goals weren't going in for us, and we finally paid for it.

Still LOTS of stuff to work on. They've got potential, but need to figure out how to keep the puck out of the net.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Knew it was coming at some point, doesn't mean I have to like it, lol. We are no longer undefeated vs. UAH.
            Alabama-Huntsville was for sure the better team tonight. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
            Better goaltending too. Can't be giving up 3 or 4 goals a game and expect to win in the league. Night and day difference from how we played last night. Time to regroup.
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
              Alabama-Huntsville was for sure the better team tonight. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
              Better goaltending too. Can't be giving up 3 or 4 goals a game and expect to win in the league. Night and day difference from how we played last night. Time to regroup.
              Funny, listening to Coach Shawhan after the game he thought Tech played better tonight than Friday night? Unless I misunderstood what he was saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                Funny, listening to Coach Shawhan after the game he thought Tech played better tonight than Friday night? Unless I misunderstood what he was saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                0 for 8 and giving up a shorty, that pretty much says it all.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  0 for 8 and giving up a shorty, that pretty much says it all.
                  yeah, doesn't mean they didn't play better...I could see that. they earned a ton of penalties. Had some chances, just didn't finish tonight and defensively had some bad moments, but overall, I could see that.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    yeah, doesn't mean they didn't play better...I could see that. they earned a ton of penalties. Had some chances, just didn't finish tonight and defensively had some bad moments, but overall, I could see that.
                    What were you trying to say here?...I can't see it lol.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Well I guess no one is worried about giving up a point on the road to LSSU when we only manage a split at home vs UAH. Next weekend is already shaping up to be a must win weekend if Tech wants to stay in the Cup race for this season.
                      Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

that giant sucking sound on Saturday night ...
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          WCHA has suspended Tyler Poulsen for tonight's game.
                          well deserved
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            well deserved
                            Yes. Was the player he hit okay?

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Was there a Joe Show yesterday? Did anyone tune in if there was?
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                Was there a Joe Show yesterday? Did anyone tune in if there was?
                                There was a show. It is available on the Tech hockey website.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/m...e_Shawhan_Hour

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X