Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    With Vermont, the only thing I can speculate looking at their roster & stats from that year, is that he felt he had played his way into being the full-time starter, and Sneddon didn't agree since he had Lekkas coming in. It seems plausible to me that he jumped to Denver figuring that Jaillet would sign after this past year, and then he'd be the experienced goalie on a loaded team with 3 years of eligibility left. Since Jaillet didn't leave the pros, Munson had to jump again to try and get ice time.

Regardless, you're right to say that he's now looking at a very similar situation at Tech with a lauded freshman coming in, so the pressure is on for him. Especially since he hasn't played in a game in over a year.
    All that is possible, but it could also be he didn't like playing for a D***.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Just in case you are really old and remember- this is what I was listening to in 1965.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OZ2_IZgVs
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but hopefully Pucky is a good leader. He has the rare of experience of being part of two other D-I programs and is a national champion as well. Even if he wasn't on the ice, he saw what it took every day to get DU to the level (along with a lot of talent). I think Tech should go all out and win a national championship with Pucky in net. How many players have ever won two hockey national championships with two DIFFERENT teams?
        Ryan
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but hopefully Pucky is a good leader. He has the rare of experience of being part of two other D-I programs and is a national champion as well. Even if he wasn't on the ice, he saw what it took every day to get DU to the level (along with a lot of talent). I think Tech should go all out and win a national championship with Pucky in net. How many players have ever won two hockey national championships with two DIFFERENT teams?
          Ryan
          I've wanted Tech to go all out and win a national championship long before Pucky joined the team. But I like the way you think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Who is expected to have a big year, I see Luch, L'Esperance, and a healthy Steman leading the way in production with Smith, Gould, and Jackson pushing the team leaders in points....

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Who is expected to have a big year, I see Luch, L'Esperance, and a healthy Steman leading the way in production with Smith, Gould, and Jackson pushing the team leaders in points....
              It goes without saying that Auk and Birks need to be solid on the blueline. But they will also need two or three of the younger set to step up. I'm looking at Reinke and hopefully Ford will settle in quickly. Any freshmen chipping in will be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                It goes without saying that Auk and Birks need to be solid on the blueline. But they will also need two or three of the younger set to step up. I'm looking at Reinke and hopefully Ford will settle in quickly. Any freshmen chipping in will be a bonus.

Reinke will probably be their best defenseman...I don't think he needs any settling in.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Reinke will probably be their best defenseman...I don't think he needs any settling in.
                  I meant Ford settling in. Not worried about Reinke.

Comment

I was going to say, other than a couple of miscues last year, Reinke may have been the best defenseman on the team, and with that d-core that says a lot about the kid, sadly also says if he keeps it going or improves even more this year, I could see him leaving after the season.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

USHL rosters and affiliate lists are out. Here's our recruits:

Des Moines Buccaneers
                      Brian Halonen
                      Tommy Parrottino

Dubuque Fighting Saints
                      Logan Pietila
                      Levi Stauber (affiliate)

Green Bay Gamblers
                      Carver Watson

Muskegon Lumberjacks
                      Evan Orr (affiliate)

Sioux Falls Stampede
                      Colin Swoyer

Tri-City Storm
                      Jake Crespi
                      Keaton Pehrson

Comment

Good to see we have a game time for Madison. A Sunday afternoon game, 2PM CT.

Comment

Scratch Pehrson. He just defected to the University of Michigan.

Comment

I think it was SG who mentioned a couple of months ago that he was a flight risk.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Scratch Pehrson. He just defected to the University of Michigan.
                              Defected isn't the right word when the coach is tampering with a player that has a signed LOI.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Defected isn't the right word when the coach is tampering with a player that has a signed LOI.
                                When did Pearson officially sign his NLI?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X