Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Anyone know if/how the Wisconsin game will be streaming?

I reluctantly paid for the stretch internet feed again this year, hope it is at least improved a little over last year, but based on my initial perusal, the website still sucks. Locks up, log you out randomly, etc....

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
      Anyone know if/how the Wisconsin game will be streaming?

I reluctantly paid for the stretch internet feed again this year, hope it is at least improved a little over last year, but based on my initial perusal, the website still sucks. Locks up, log you out randomly, etc....
      I also reluctantly purchased the package, as much as Dirk on pasty.net is great, I much prefer being able to see the game.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

_/ stick taps for former Laker and Husky Mitch Lane, who lost his battle with cancer at age 44.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Tech,-LSSU.php
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          If you are a local, I would check with Tech's Central Ticket Office. If you are in the area and go to the window to buy them there is no charge. I think they quit selling tickets so many days before the actual game, so I would act quickly if that is the route you want to go.
          FYI- I got tickets from MTU last week - they mailed them. They did tell me that they needed 9 calender days to mail, so it's too late to mail them now. The Chicago alumni has a pregame party at the Essen Haus with game ticket combo for $35. See their Facebook page for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Blake Hietala has been hired by the Madison Capitols (USHL) as an assistant coach and director of scouting. Pretty good place to start a coaching career, I'd say. Also nice to have another Husky alumnus in that league to perhaps nudge some talent northward.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_EE View Post
              FYI- I got tickets from MTU last week - they mailed them. They did tell me that they needed 9 calender days to mail, so it's too late to mail them now. The Chicago alumni has a pregame party at the Essen Haus with game ticket combo for $35. See their Facebook page for more info.

I'm going to buy my tickets on line and then fly in and out of madison the day of and take a cab back and forth.Anyone else doing the same is welcome to share. What section if any, are Tech fans going to be in? And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I'm going to buy my tickets on line and then fly in and out of madison the day of and take a cab back and forth.Anyone else doing the same is welcome to share. What section if any, are Tech fans going to be in? And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
                Tickets from MTU ticket office are in 127, lower corner.

Comment

And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
                  Since we are early in the season, and weather should be fairly warm this weekend (chance of rain Sunday), State Street might be your best bet to find a bite to eat that isn't a national chain. Maybe have them drop you off at the state capitol square then walk State St to the West and eventually head South to the Kohl Center. Less than a mile total.

I have to be in the rink by one hour prior to game time to pick up my pass and hopefully photograph warm-ups with Tech players in new black jerseys (fingers crossed) so I usually don't get to attend the various alumni events because most don't even start until an hour or so before the game. I'm also traveling with my brother for this game (who is a Badgers alum) so we will most certainly end up at some Bucky Bar before the game.

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I think the Alumni gathering site says their tickets are in 106.

Comment

Hit the Nitty Gritty, quick walk to the Kohl Center and a quality bar.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Kind of a dive, but good food. We'll see what time my flight actually arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          The Red Shed is also a good stop for a cool beverage, a block from the Nitty!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So for those who haven't done it yet... the kohl charges a 2.50 convenience charge to buy on line plus a 10 dollars unknown fee. so a 24 dollar ticket, a reserved seat, is 36 dollars.
                            Last edited by manurespreader; 09-28-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              So for those who haven't done it yet... the kohl charges a 2.50 convenience charge to buy on line plus a 10 dollars unknown fee. so a 24 dollar ticket, a reserved seat, is 36 dollars.
                              Here’s how ridiculous those fees are. I bought 5 tickets for Saturday’s Alabama/Ole Miss game online from the UA ticket office. $90 apiece for a total of $450. Total with service charge? $460! $10 total for 5 tickets. $2 per ticket, including mailing. #1 team in the country. SEC Conference opener. $2. College Hockey exhibition game: $12!
                              Last edited by davyd83; 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Here’s how ridiculous those fees are. I bought 5 tickets for Saturday’s Alabama/Ole Miss game online from the UA ticket office. $90 apiece for a total of $450. Total with service charge? $460! $10 total for 5 tickets. $2 per ticket, including mailing. #1 team in the country. SEC Conference opener. $2. College Hockey exhibition game: $12!
                                Well, it isn't an exhibition game. It counts towards PWR like any of the rest of them. But, I won't argue that those fees aren't outrageous.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X