Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

2016 MacNaughton WCHA Regular Season Champs
    2017 Broadmoor WCHA Tourney Champs
    2018... What's it gonna be this year?
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

I wouldn't mind seeing another championship game in person. It was pretty nice. : )

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

GLI win over Michigan.
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Last call before before Ebay... If anyone would be interested in one of Dane Birks' jerseys from the Pittsburgh Penguins development camp, drop me a line at info@johnsonsjerseys.net. I had to buy both, but one is fine for me so I'm just going to sell the other. Doesn't matter to me which one I keep. I'm asking $85 or best offer which includes shipping in the US. Nice, heavy pro quality jerseys with light wear, team tagging on the inside and team LoA included as well.

Ryan

Comment

I'm dying to find out who the yet un-named incoming goaltender will be. I've seen no announcements for Packy Munson going elsewhere...so I'm thinking there is a pretty good chance it may be him. Come on people...what's the word out of the paint store?

Comment

Saw this job posted on Twitter a few days ago. Sounds to me like maybe some more coverage than we currently get from the Mining Gazette if they're saying this person will be the beat writer for Tech hockey or maybe someone's leaving. I don't know, but I'd think there should be more coverage than currently done. I'm hopeful.

Sports Journalist to Cover DI College Hockey and More
            https://www.journalismjobs.com/16397...mining-gazette
            The Daily Mining Gazette has an immediate opening for a full-time sports writer. The successful candidate will be the beat writer for the Michigan Tech Division-I hockey program in a region of Michigan's Upper Peninsula where hockey is the dominant sport, in addition to coverage of other Tech and prep sports. The MTU Huskies qualified for the NCAA Tournament last season and were knocked out in the regional to the eventual champion.
            In addition to writing, this all-around journalist will be tasked with taking photos at non-Tech events, column writing, page design and pagination, proofreading and maintainng an active social media account to engage readers and promote coverage.
            Compelling, colorful writing is required, as is the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and build the relationships necessary to develop the sources you will need to be successful.

Comment

Karnosky is stretched pretty thin. He and that GVSU guy who is his editor basically have to cover Finlandia, Tech, and all the HS sports between the two of them.

Also, this was missed a couple of weeks ago, but our former SID Ian Marks is now the Asst. AD at UAA.

Comment

Just my opinion but never has a team needed a fast start more than we do this year.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Seems like a bit of a tough situation again to start.

Without much practice to settle who starts in goal at Wisconsin. I hope they learned from the past year that the best player should start from the beginning regardless of any money in the bank.

If Tech stumbles early against Wisconsin, Union, and Minny/UMD it could hurt post season chances. But, with everything else, I think regardless of the start this team will get better each week. I agree with you though, I hope the first 3 games are a real focus and a fast start is realized.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Seems like a bit of a tough situation again to start.

Without much practice to settle who starts in goal at Wisconsin. I hope they learned from the past year that the best player should start from the beginning regardless of any money in the bank.

If Tech stumbles early against Wisconsin, Union, and Minny/UMD it could hurt post season chances. But, with everything else, I think regardless of the start this team will get better each week. I agree with you though, I hope the first 3 games are a real focus and a fast start is realized.
                    I see the GLi is not on the tech schedule that is posted on the athletics web site.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I see the GLi is not on the tech schedule that is posted on the athletics web site.
                      GLI has yet to be officially confirmed by a participating school, but unless something drastic changes it will be played on January 1 & 2. 99.5% certain per sources at two schools and two at Olympia Entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        GLI has yet to be officially confirmed by a participating school, but unless something drastic changes it will be played on January 1 & 2. 99.5% certain per sources at two schools and two at Olympia Entertainment.
                        So then likely a direct flight to Vegas from Detroit.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Former assistant Shuchuk will be the head coach of the NAHL's Janesville Jets next season.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            I'm still hearing that it will be 12/27 - 12/28. Both the Pistons and Red Wings are out of town those days so that bodes well for the GLI. The arena is not showing any other events booked for those days either. Regardless you would think they would want to get this nailed down sooner rather than later.
                            I'm guessing that the team will hang around Detroit and practice there before heading to Vegas regardless of when the GLI is held.
                            Ryan J

Comment

I was up in Houghton the past week. Picked up tickets for the first home series. The ticket office still had no idea what is happening with the GLI.

On another note I heard Some of the players were up at the SDC getting some ice time in and Tanner was skating with them. Hockey season getting closer!!

Comment

Working...
                              X