Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Still upright

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_EE View Post
    FYI- I got tickets from MTU last week - they mailed them. They did tell me that they needed 9 calender days to mail, so it's too late to mail them now. The Chicago alumni has a pregame party at the Essen Haus with game ticket combo for $35. See their Facebook page for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to buy my tickets on line and then fly in and out of madison the day of and take a cab back and forth.Anyone else doing the same is welcome to share. What section if any, are Tech fans going to be in? And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I'm going to buy my tickets on line and then fly in and out of madison the day of and take a cab back and forth.Anyone else doing the same is welcome to share. What section if any, are Tech fans going to be in? And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
    Tickets from MTU ticket office are in 127, lower corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan Tech Fan

And any eating places you can recommend.? Since the game is at 2 pm I assume we are working on a lunch place. JJ, what about you?
    Since we are early in the season, and weather should be fairly warm this weekend (chance of rain Sunday), State Street might be your best bet to find a bite to eat that isn't a national chain. Maybe have them drop you off at the state capitol square then walk State St to the West and eventually head South to the Kohl Center. Less than a mile total.

I have to be in the rink by one hour prior to game time to pick up my pass and hopefully photograph warm-ups with Tech players in new black jerseys (fingers crossed) so I usually don't get to attend the various alumni events because most don't even start until an hour or so before the game. I'm also traveling with my brother for this game (who is a Badgers alum) so we will most certainly end up at some Bucky Bar before the game.

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

I think the Alumni gathering site says their tickets are in 106.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Hit the Nitty Gritty, quick walk to the Kohl Center and a quality bar.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Kind of a dive, but good food. We'll see what time my flight actually arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The Red Shed is also a good stop for a cool beverage, a block from the Nitty!

Still upright

So for those who haven't done it yet... the kohl charges a 2.50 convenience charge to buy on line plus a 10 dollars unknown fee. so a 24 dollar ticket, a reserved seat, is 36 dollars.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 09-28-2017 at 02:40 PM.

So for those who haven't done it yet... the kohl charges a 2.50 convenience charge to buy on line plus a 10 dollars unknown fee. so a 24 dollar ticket, a reserved seat, is 36 dollars.
    Here’s how ridiculous those fees are. I bought 5 tickets for Saturday’s Alabama/Ole Miss game online from the UA ticket office. $90 apiece for a total of $450. Total with service charge? $460! $10 total for 5 tickets. $2 per ticket, including mailing. #1 team in the country. SEC Conference opener. $2. College Hockey exhibition game: $12!
    Last edited by davyd83; 09-28-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Here’s how ridiculous those fees are. I bought 5 tickets for Saturday’s Alabama/Ole Miss game online from the UA ticket office. $90 apiece for a total of $450. Total with service charge? $460! $10 total for 5 tickets. $2 per ticket, including mailing. #1 team in the country. SEC Conference opener. $2. College Hockey exhibition game: $12!
    Well, it isn't an exhibition game. It counts towards PWR like any of the rest of them. But, I won't argue that those fees aren't outrageous.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Coach Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Historical Trivia - When Tech opened the 1993-94 season wearing the white arched "Michigan Tech" throwbacks, it was the first time the Huskies wore something other than the traditional script "Huskies" on the front of their jerseys since...? I don't know the answer, but it had been decades, maybe dating all the way back to when the team was first named the Huskies? I would love to know the answer to this question.

Ryan
    After perusing the team pictures at the JMSIA today, it appears that the first use of script Huskies was in the 1957-58 season. So MacInnes used the arched block letters with a front number from Al Renfrew's era for one season, and then made the change.

Melvin K. Pearson

Uh.........why isn't the GLI on any of our schedules?

What's going on?
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans

Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Uh.........why isn't the GLI on any of our schedules?

What's going on?
    Dates are still tbd

GLI will be 1/1 and 1/2. MTU/MSU will be the early game.

Coach Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Dates are still tbd
    Correction - to be ANNOUNCED. They have been determined.

Melvin K. Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    GLI will be 1/1 and 1/2. MTU/MSU will be the early game.
    Absolutely idiotic if true.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans

Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

MTU NMU LSSU

I've got two really good extra tickets to today's game (section 106, row K, which is lower bowl). I bought them months ago and then a friend gave me even better seats. If anyone needs them, they're yours for free. Email me at ManOnTheSilvrMountain at gmail if you want them and we can arrange the handoff at the Kohl Center.
    Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 10-01-2017 at 12:21 PM.

We'll be chatting during today's game on Discord. You can join here: https://t.co/zVMhFktbxU

One thing of note your account has be active 10 minutes before you can join to filter out spammer.s
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Still upright

I was at the game. It was a good game and intense for the first game of the year. I'd be interested to hear up north's opinion, but for now here's mine.
    I thought the game was well refereed. I saw only one or two marginal calls by the linesmen. One on an icing and one on a face-off location. I thought the refs did a good job of calling penalties and I had no issue with what was called.
    I thought Tech was the better team, but kind of had brain fade for a few seconds once every 10 minutes and Wisconsin was able to score on that a time or two. reminded me of the st cloud game in the Ncaa's two years ago.
    This was a real up and down game and it went by in a real hurry. It was fun to watch, and made the fans very nervous. ( but at least they didn't throw anything at me like they did last time)
    I thought Haydon was really good and especially positionally kept them in the game. In the second we had several point blank chances that he stopped. they weren't big acrobatic stops but they were good stops on guys in the slot.I can't believe he didn't turn pro after playing so well last year.
    the crowd around me came into this game expecting a blowout and were shocked in the first 5 minutes. Wisconsin was having trouble adjusting to the Tech forecheck. (We had a number of good turnovers in their end but nothing came of it.) It was verwy quiet in there at first. Conversely they were surprised when Wisconsin scored on the first pp of the game. As the run of play had not been in their favor.
    After the first score Tech seemed to sag a bit and wisconsin played well. I thought they were a high skill team, a lot like Denver last spring. in fact the game did not remind me of an early season game, it was mid season skill and play.
    I liked the play of the young guys, not just the freshmen, although we turned it over too often in our own end and the freshmen were getting an education, but of the sophomores. Barretta played hard and used his size well. Blacklock, Brice, etc all seemed to have made a big step from last year's play. Wisconsin had trouble adjusting to the pace of play as the game wore on and we were controlling play more and more.. I thought staman and smith played well and won a lot of important face-offs. I thought Ford was pretty good, though he left his feet on the third goal and, though he's not really to blame, they scored on that. I thought the defense got better as the game went along and early they were taking too many chances or out of position, or not covering the trailer, but later in the game, we did those things and it was very frustrating to Wisconsin, because those passes had been open in the first period.
    I liked Munson. I think the goaltending overall, and including the warmup's was better than last year. I expect it will remain better than last year. I thought L'esperence was a real man, used his size and skill to great advantage and the wisco defensemen were very aware of him all game.
    I thought if there was one area we could have done better it was play away from the puck, but overall we played pretty dang well and if we keep doing that we'll win a lot of hockey games.

Mighty Techster

I was at the game. It was a good game and intense for the first game of the year. I'd be interested to hear up north's opinion, but for now here's mine.
    Thanks for a thorough report. Very encouraging!

Thread Information