Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Bummer, district Detroit app showing GLI on Jan 1/2.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I can now confirm at 100% that the GLI dates are in fact January 1 & 2. There will be a WWE event on either December 27 or 28, which will preclude any chance of those dates.
    Yeah, we knew that a month ago but no one wanted to believe it.

Michigan Tech Fan

Unfortunate to see the video at the bottom of this link posted under these circumstances, but that's the first time I've ever seen video of those 1993-94 throwbacks.
    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170922kafwlq

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Still upright

Is the ticket office selling wisconsin tickets or should we go to the kohl center /wisconsin web site to buy them, or is it fine to get them at the door?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Unfortunate to see the video at the bottom of this link posted under these circumstances, but that's the first time I've ever seen video of those 1993-94 throwbacks.
    http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170922kafwlq

Ryan J
    Boy those videos of 93 era highlights brings back memories of my life at Tech. RIP Mitch, too ****ed young.

Will be interesting to see the intrasquad today.

Have to be partial to the Gold

I am very curious to see Russell, Reitmeyer, and Misiak. From the Shawhan show, none had jumped ahead as of yet.

I think at least 1 will be in the lineup against Wisconsin, unless Brice and Blacklock do not allow it.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Is the ticket office selling wisconsin tickets or should we go to the kohl center /wisconsin web site to buy them, or is it fine to get them at the door?
    Here's a link to the Kohl Center ticket page for this game. I believe there's a $2.50 fee, but to me it's certainly easier to pick your own seats and avoid the box office. Welcome to the Kohl Center!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Kind of a sad turnout for a relatively cheap exhibition game. Even the Misfits are thin for this one.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

I love (goal) lamp

Yea, would have liked to see more people in the stands. I think all three goalies looked quite good, I am definitely not as worried about the goalie situation this year as I was last year, with Packy having experience and Beydoun possibly being the next Redmond, we should be good. It's hard to tell much from an intrasquad game obviously, but the puck movement on the powerplay looked much better and sharper than last year, hopefully that translates into real games, but who knows.

Finally, I HATE the center ice logo, should either also say Michigan Tech with the husky or be the traditional slanted Huskies script, just the husky is terrible IMO.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Kind of a sad turnout for a relatively cheap exhibition game. Even the Misfits are thin for this one.
    Too nice outside! Summers still here. It would have been a nice break from the heat though.
    How'd the team look?
    Last edited by rustedblades; 09-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    Finally, I HATE the center ice logo, should either also say Michigan Tech with the husky or be the traditional slanted Huskies script, just the husky is terrible IMO.
    They paid the big bucks for that logo, so you can be d@mn sure it's going to be on everything they can conceivably put it on for the next 20 years.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    They paid the big bucks for that logo, so you can be d@mn sure it's going to be on everything they can conceivably put it on for the next 20 years.
    It was designed in house.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Still upright

Well the logo would be enhanced with the script Huskies if you ask me , but whatever. Can't wait to hear how the freshmen played and I disagreed with the THG writer about the goalies. I think Kero has improved and is now as good as the others..... And he does have game experience. This is going to be a pretty good team. I tried to find it on Facebook but gave up.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Here's a link to the Kohl Center ticket page for this game. I believe there's a $2.50 fee, but to me it's certainly easier to pick your own seats and avoid the box office. Welcome to the Kohl Center!
    If you are a local, I would check with Tech's Central Ticket Office. If you are in the area and go to the window to buy them there is no charge. I think they quit selling tickets so many days before the actual game, so I would act quickly if that is the route you want to go.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashy Man View Post
    It was designed in house.
    Ah, and here I assumed they paid a sports marketing firm to make it. Well, now I can grouse about them being cheap.

The goalies all looked decent enough. Beydoun, being a freshman, will need to spend time working on being more consistent in his positioning. He made a big desperation save, but then gave up a softie a few minutes later because he failed to hug the post.

Line chemistry needs more time to gel, but that's not surprising given that it's September.

Anyone know if/how the Wisconsin game will be streaming?

I reluctantly paid for the stretch internet feed again this year, hope it is at least improved a little over last year, but based on my initial perusal, the website still sucks. Locks up, log you out randomly, etc....

I love (goal) lamp

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    Anyone know if/how the Wisconsin game will be streaming?

I reluctantly paid for the stretch internet feed again this year, hope it is at least improved a little over last year, but based on my initial perusal, the website still sucks. Locks up, log you out randomly, etc....
    I also reluctantly purchased the package, as much as Dirk on pasty.net is great, I much prefer being able to see the game.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

_/ stick taps for former Laker and Husky Mitch Lane, who lost his battle with cancer at age 44.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Tech,-LSSU.php
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    If you are a local, I would check with Tech's Central Ticket Office. If you are in the area and go to the window to buy them there is no charge. I think they quit selling tickets so many days before the actual game, so I would act quickly if that is the route you want to go.
    FYI- I got tickets from MTU last week - they mailed them. They did tell me that they needed 9 calender days to mail, so it's too late to mail them now. The Chicago alumni has a pregame party at the Essen Haus with game ticket combo for $35. See their Facebook page for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mighty Techster
    Blake Hietala has been hired by the Madison Capitols (USHL) as an assistant coach and director of scouting. Pretty good place to start a coaching career, I'd say. Also nice to have another Husky alumnus in that league to perhaps nudge some talent northward.

Thread Information