Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

I love (goal) lamp

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Interesting, I watched Saturday's game and still missed it, no clue how.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Ford got hurt in the second period on Saturday.

At the end of the Saturday game, these defensemen were all taking regular shifts: Reinke, Birks, Meek, and Donohue. Auk dropped back to play D after Ford was hurt. Assuming that if they were playing that means they're all ok, that leaves Rockwell (who didn't play much if at all towards the end of the game), Kiilunen (who didn't dress) and Cooper Watson (a likely redshirt at this point) as the other possibilities for the other D man.
    Rockwell didn't dress on Saturday. Auk replaced Kiilunen as one of the 6 defencemen and Bryce was put into Auk's open F slot in the lineup.

I didn't notice Ford's injury either.

I hate to speculate but Donohue went down on a hit to his head, but later returned. I certainly hope he didn't suffer a concussion. Especially since Joe called it a possible "season ender" on his show this morning.

Whomever it is, it's not good that Ford is out and another D will be out for an extended time if not the season.

Two weeks to heal the bumps and bruises then hopefully the boys will be ready for a grueling roady to the GLI and Sin City.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Shawhan mentioned another potential commitment today from a "difference maker." I think that was a word he used? The name that comes to mind is Desi Burgart but I'm not sure how realistic that is...we'll see if anything comes out today.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

stuck below the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Rockwell didn't dress on Saturday. Auk replaced Kiilunen as one of the 6 defencemen and Bryce was put into Auk's open F slot in the lineup.

I hate to speculate but Donohue went down on a hit to his head, but later returned. I certainly hope he didn't suffer a concussion. Especially since Joe called it a possible "season ender" on his show this morning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Tough loss when it come to Ford. Playing pretty dependable D. Hope the surgery goes well and a full recovery.

As to the other D man possibly out, I too was thinking Donohue. That was a wicked hit he took. May have toughed out the rest of the game and then afterwards found out something serious..

Again some guys really need to take a hard look at their game more now than ever.. Are you going step it up and be a contributor, or stay a passenger.

Two things, it sounds like the 2nd d-man lucked out and is not out for the year.

Also the recruit should be announced today, and let's just say that I nailed it awhile back:
    https://techhockeyguide.com/2017/11/...ctions-matter/
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

He made it official this morning...Trenton Bliss has committed to MTU. Forward for Pat Mikesch at Green Bay (USHL). Bliss is tied for 8th scoring in the USHL (t-11th in goals). He and Alex Broetzman should come in and contribute right away next year.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    He made it official this morning...Trenton Bliss has committed to MTU. Forward for Pat Mikesch at Green Bay (USHL). Bliss is tied for 8th scoring in the USHL (t-11th in goals). He and Alex Broetzman should come in and contribute right away next year.
    Great news. Glad to see him coming. I think he'll be an asset, how's his defensive game?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Tech's first player born in/originally from Texas?

As you said earlier this year, the two of them are on pace for 40 pts this year in the USHL (perhaps closer to 45-50), which is important for picking out potential impact players.

Let's see what pull Joe has for d-men now.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

stuck below the bridge

Good news that the 2nd D man isn't out for the year.

The recruit list should be done then for next years roster? Assuming there are no further decomits and nobody leaves the team..

Anyone know Tech's section for seats at this years GLI. I saw it posted somewhere, but can't remember which section. I am planning on going with friends and want to order my tickets soon. Was wondering if there is a promo for seat pricing also.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Anyone know Tech's section for seats at this years GLI. I saw it posted somewhere, but can't remember which section. I am planning on going with friends and want to order my tickets soon. Was wondering if there is a promo for seat pricing also.
    You can get a 2-day upper deck GA pass for ~$40 (incl. Ticketbastard fees). Unfortunately, the days of $10 tickets at the door appear to be over (but I am not surprised now that it's at the Pizza Box).

You can also count on the LCA parking garage being more $$ than the JLA garage was. Might be better to park downtown and take the Q-line.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-21-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

For those of you that ordered jerseys last spring, we will not have them in time to distribute before the GLI or the Vegas tournament. Sorry for the delay.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    https://www.ticketmaster.com/venuear..._PAID_FB_18GLI

Use the offer code "GREAT" for $10 off.

Still upright

What about the Las Vegas sections is the ticket office s long seats or what’s the scoop

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    You can get a 2-day upper deck GA pass for ~$40 (incl. Ticketbastard fees). Unfortunately, the days of $10 tickets at the door appear to be over (but I am not surprised now that it's at the Pizza Box).

You can also count on the LCA parking garage being more $$ than the JLA garage was. Might be better to park downtown and take the Q-line.
    Thanks Fade. I called Central Ticket office and Tech's sections are in 106 through 108 or Mezz sections M7 and M9.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    What about the Las Vegas sections is the ticket office s long seats or what’s the scoop
    I called and checked CTO for Vegas and she only received an email for their website. She has nothing about seating arrangements.

Tech fans, hope you all have a great Christmas and holiday season!

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Tech fans, hope you all have a great Christmas and holiday season!
    Thanks. For starters. a sweep of GLI would be a great beginning of the New Year!

Cranky Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    http://icevegas.bdglobalsports.com/ This website lists these team sections. Fan Sections: Michigan Tech – Sec. 3/4/5, Boston College – Sec. 6/7/8, Arizona State – Sec. 13/14/15, Northern Michigan – Sec. 16/17/18.
    "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
    -Abraham Lincoln

I am not planning on buying tickets for Vegas until I get there.

I did buy tickets to Zumanity for the Friday late show though.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Thread Information