Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Listening to the Red Wings pod cast, it sounds like MSU is going to try to forecheck very aggressively and try to hem us into our own end. I think the breakout is something we struggle with but I'm not sure that strategy will work.
    Since the first days games won't be broadcast on FSN at least we don't have to worry about slanted coverage by Darren Eliot whose kid plays for state..

Unlike past years where Tech got very little practice time in coming off the break this year the boys get a chance to get a few extra practices in. Hope it helps and they come out fired up.

Hard to tell what kind of crowd we'll get. I know a bunch of people that can't make it. Yet, I've heard Tech Athletic Dept. has had a fairly large number of requests for tickets.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      Since the first days games won't be broadcast on FSN at least we don't have to worry about slanted coverage by Darren Eliot whose kid plays for state..

Unlike past years where Tech got very little practice time in coming off the break this year the boys get a chance to get a few extra practices in. Hope it helps and they come out fired up.

Hard to tell what kind of crowd we'll get. I know a bunch of people that can't make it. Yet, I've heard Tech Athletic Dept. has had a fairly large number of requests for tickets.
      I can't go, but I will be out in Las Vegas.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        It looks like WCHA TV is going to broadcast the semi's. I assume we will get Dirk for the Tech game?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I can't go, but I will be out in Las Vegas.
          I and the wife will be there for the Semis. She goes back to work the 2nd, so I figured if Tech was in the Championship game I'd wait for her to get home. Then I saw the start time at 6pm... By the time she gets home and we could get there we would miss the first period.. so looks like I go alone on the 2nd

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
          It looks like WCHA TV is going to broadcast the semi's. I assume we will get Dirk for the Tech game?
          I would assume Dirk doing the WCHA broadcast. FSN isn't broadcasting the semis. However it looks like the will be broadcasting the consolation and Champioship game on the 2nd.

Comment

Heisenberg is showing us with a new recruit. Is this the same one from 10 days ago?

Comment

yes

Comment

Looking for big things from the team to bring in 2018.
                Who do you think takes the net and expect Kiilunen in for Ford with Auk on D.
                Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-31-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Who do you think takes the net and Kiilunen in for Ford with Auk on D.
                  Nothing more than gut feelings to go on here but I'm guessing its Beydoun or Kero in game 1 with the other getting game 2 if game 1 starter is shaky. I think it will be a while before we see Munson starting again. Kiilunen and Auk on D sounds right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Who do you think takes the net and expect Kiilunen in for Ford with Auk on D.
                    Using this opportunity to be completely wrong one more time in 2017, I’m guessing Beydoun against Sparty and then again in the finals.

Comment

Nice games from Gould, Lucchini, Smith, Jackson, Steman, Gillies, Baltus, and L'Esperance. The depth won out, I really enjoyed watching the team play.
                      Auk and Reinke played well and. Donohue played big despite a few exciting plays... Nice job by Robbie Beydoun....

Comment

Didn't care for our face-offs, and thought the effort wasn't consistent. They had all the momentum after going up 3-1 and could've blown Sparty out of the building, but took their foot off the gas.

Beydoun made some big saves, but he scares the crap out of me even more than Redmond used to. You aren't Marty Brodeur dude, stop trying to get cute with the puck and just focus on keeping it out of the net, please.

Comment

I stopped counting the number times we put a break out pass right on the tape of a player in green.. maybe what we need is a eye exam for color blindness

I agree Beydoun is scarier than **** when he comes out to play I the puck. That one he flipped over everyone comes to mind. Comes out gets the puck then holds it too long (what the hell do I do now look???) He got lucky it was just out of reach of that Dman or it was right back in the net. However he came up big at the end with the game on the line.

The Huskies took a period to shake the rust off. Then did what they needed to do to beat a team they should beat. Still room to improve. But Hey, a much needed win and a chance to play for the Championship today. GO HUSKIES!!

Comment

I don't care for Beydouns attempts at being an acrobat. He seemed to be diving for pucks when just sliding over would have done it. Cost him on one of the goals as he couldn't recover. Moves way to much for my liking.
                            He will probably be in net tonight but I think Kero's got to get another shot at some point. I can't see Beydoun or Munson being the guy if this team is going to make a serious run.
                            Not sure Kero is the guy either but the 2 games I saw him play were pretty solid. Worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                              I don't care for Beydouns attempts at being an acrobat. He seemed to be diving for pucks when just sliding over would have done it. Cost him on one of the goals as he couldn't recover. Moves way to much for my liking.
                              He will probably be in net tonight but I think Kero's got to get another shot at some point. I can't see Beydoun or Munson being the guy if this team is going to make a serious run.
                              Not sure Kero is the guy either but the 2 games I saw him play were pretty solid. Worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Beydoun may make us a little nervous but Beef did last year too and nobody was calling for Kero or Wintjes. I don't think Beydoun has done anything to lose the job at this point. 3-0-1 in his last 4 starts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought as the game wore on we played less and less well. Our guys tried hard, but you cannot let BG get the first goal and you have to play better defense against them. I thought our defense as a group was just not all that good. Against these guys, You have to be satisfied to win 1-0. I thought we were better by far in the first, but after that, We didn't win battles for the puck, we weren't first to get to it, we lost face-offs, we failed to cover the guy we were standing right next to and allowed him to shoot the puck from close in, IE, we allowed them to play that heavy, slow, BORING, game they play so well. We did not use our speed to any advantage and we didn't take advantage of the ice on the pp.
                                That could have won us the game, but we were just so slow to move the puck to an open man. It's like we had no idea where an open man might even be, And away from the puck we were standing still. It's disappointing for sure. You can't abandon the disciplined, defensive game or the other team will score goals and they did tonight. If we could have gotten to the end and it still be 2-1 we had a chance with an extra attacker, but as it was we shot ourselves in the foot with the mistakes on defense.
                                The pp is the key to beating BC next week, so it has got to get better.

So we have to play better. bottom line. It's too bad because some of our game is the best in college hockey, but it didn't show tonight.
                                Last edited by manurespreader; 01-02-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X