Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    That extra point means jack **** in the grand scheme of things.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Until we're out of the PWR discussion, PWR is the most important metric.
    I presume that's why the team was trying to win the game before the end of the 5-on-5 overtime. Once that was no longer a possibility, though, you make the best of the situation and try to improve your standing in the second most important metric. Unless you think Shawhan shouldn't have even sent his players out for the 3-on-3 overtime – no sense risking injury when only the PWR matters, right?

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      I presume that's why the team was trying to win the game before the end of the 5-on-5 overtime. Once that was no longer a possibility, though, you make the best of the situation and try to improve your standing in the second most important metric. Unless you think Shawhan shouldn't have even sent his players out for the 3-on-3 overtime – no sense risking injury when only the PWR matters, right?
      No, you still try to win in 3 on 3, I just don't consider it a win. It is a tie.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I have to agree on both sides to an extent. I'll never call coming out ahead in the shootout a "win" until the NCAA standardizes the overtime format across leagues. But when all the playoffs are on home ice sites, every point is important. The difference last season between MnSt and the Huskies was 3 points, and I'd all but guarantee that it would have been the Mavericks advancing from the semifinals had they been played in Mankato.

Comment

Does anyone know if Baltus will be skating again any time soon. I'm not asking what the injury is, i'm just asking if he might skate soon in a game.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Does anyone know if Baltus will be skating again any time soon. I'm not asking what the injury is, i'm just asking if he might skate soon in a game.
            Joe said day to day on his show this week.

Comment

Join THG to discuss and follow along with tonight’s home opener on discord: https://discord.gg/hTw4zj
              Also pay attention during intermission for THG’s new mention during the #mtuhky tweets.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Wow, Paulson just threw one of the dirtiest hits you'll see in modern college hockey and the cementhead WCHA refs called it a minor. F'in A Shepherd, get your crews some brains. A full out charge with an elbow to the head, all the things you keep spouting off that "we have to eliminate that from the game" and you totally blew the call - all four of you idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Wow, Paulson just threw one of the dirtiest hits you'll see in modern college hockey and the cementhead WCHA refs called it a minor. F'in A Shepherd, get your crews some brains. A full out charge with an elbow to the head, all the things you keep spouting off that "we have to eliminate that from the game" and you totally blew the call - all four of you idiots.
                  Completely agreed, what an absolutely terrible call. WCHA has garbage refs to be honest, it's really sad to see.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Yes, it was a bad call, but to be fair, Tyler's barely tall enough to ride a roller coaster...

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Could not catch much of the broadcast... how was the game? I thought I heard Dirk say Beydoun started and then heard him say Packy later? Did the freshman get pulled?
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Yes, it was a bad call, but to be fair, Tyler's barely tall enough to ride a roller coaster...

GFM
                        I'd fully expect some supplemental discipline from the league office today. Maybe a "short" time in the stands would smarten him up.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I thought I heard Dirk say Beydoun started and then heard him say Packy later? Did the freshman get pulled?
                          Dirk definitely said "Robbie Beydoun," but he misspoke. Munson played the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                            Dirk definitely said "Robbie Beydoun," but he misspoke. Munson played the entire game.
                            I wonder if it was like last weekend? I think Beydoun must have some ritual about skating a little bit pregame bc that caught the laker announcer off guard last saturday?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

WCHA has suspended Tyler Poulsen for tonight's game.

Comment

Any chance Kero or Beydoun get a start? Looking at the highlight reel, Munson's rebounds were all over the place last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X