Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Definitely a message to fans. I love the candor a breath of fresh air in the coaching world where most of them talk for an hour and speak in circles and Cliche's
    Regardless of what coach says, the team just needs to get back to the basics. They need to get pucks deep behind their D. If they can just take their game one shift at a time, good things are going to start happening. This is blue collar team and if they make the effort in the dirty areas of the ice they are going to start getting some bounces. Everyone on the team knows their roles so they just need to do their part. Tech needs to use this week to refocus so they can bring their "A" game in Fairbanks and we need to see Tech play a full 60 minute game. Lastly, we just need to get more traffic in front of the net and bang in a few garbage goals. As for the goalies, we need them to be out best penalty killers. We're not giving them a lot of support out there.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      In addition to the 20something fans you had scattered through the arena there was a group of a dozen or so mid 20 year young/old Husky fans in a group who kept up constant support of your team with chants, songs, put downs, etc.
      They were loud, very well coordinated and knew their stuff.
      They were an approachable good looking bunch.
      They represented your institution well.
      A group you can be proud of.
      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
      Was it the same Tech contingent that has made the trip the last two times MTU has had a two week roadie in Alaska?
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Regardless of what coach says, the team just needs to get back to the basics. They need to get pucks deep behind their D. If they can just take their game one shift at a time, good things are going to start happening. This is blue collar team and if they make the effort in the dirty areas of the ice they are going to start getting some bounces. Everyone on the team knows their roles so they just need to do their part. Tech needs to use this week to refocus so they can bring their "A" game in Fairbanks and we need to see Tech play a full 60 minute game. Lastly, we just need to get more traffic in front of the net and bang in a few garbage goals. As for the goalies, we need them to be out best penalty killers. We're not giving them a lot of support out there.
        Ryan J
        Hey, if the team does all of that we'll be all set. I just hope we strap on our hardhats and bring our lunch buckets so we can knock in some of those greasy goals! In the end it just comes down to scoring more goals than our opponent. If we do that we'll get the "W"

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          In the end it just comes down to scoring more goals than our opponent. If we do that we'll get the "W"
          True that - Tech's win percentage is bound to go up if they can outscore the opponent each night. I've seen a lot of wins over the years and that stat is usually a good indicator of who is going to come out on top.
          This guy sums it up pretty well.
          https://youtu.be/N63LeOyB8x8

Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

True that - Tech's win percentage is bound to go up if they can outscore the opponent each night. I've seen a lot of wins over the years and that stat is usually a good indicator of who is going to come out on top.

Ryan

As Mel was fond of saying, you can't outscore your mistakes.
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Ryan
              For sure, there does seem to be a mighty strong correlation between outscoring your opponent and winning. I'm a little shocked no one has done a statistical analysis of it yet.... LOL

The video made my day. Every beer league player out there knows that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Was it the same Tech contingent that has made the trip the last two times MTU has had a two week roadie in Alaska?
                Mostly yes. Not me this time and seeing the pics from the group is KILLING me. lol
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

We're not giving them a lot of support out there.
                  Ryan J
                  I disagree. Coach Shawhan has said time and time again that "we don't give the other teams much but when we do it ends up in the back of our net"
                  I've watched every single game in person or online and from my viewpoint Tech has a goaltending problem.
                  This may also play on the guys confidence! The thought of having to score 4 goals every night to win has got to be a lot of pressure. That's been the case all but 4 games I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    I disagree. Coach Shawhan has said time and time again that "we don't give the other teams much but when we do it ends up in the back of our net"
                    I've watched every single game in person or online and from my viewpoint Tech has a goaltending problem.
                    This may also play on the guys confidence! The thought of having to score 4 goals every night to win has got to be a lot of pressure. That's been the case all but 4 games I think.

And the games we hold them to less than 3 goals we tie, except for the NMU game.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I believe Techs best goaltender is not a Coach Shawhan recruit and Coach may be struggling to put his guys on the shelf for a bit and give Kero a legitimate shot. Based on the 2 games I watched Kero play the first was good but a little shaky. The second was excellent. He is definitely not as flashy as Munson but Tech needs solid right now.
                      Hope he gets healthy and gets a legit shot soon.

Comment

I believe Techs best goaltender is not a Coach Shawhan recruit and Coach may be struggling to put his guys on the shelf for a bit and give Kero a legitimate shot. Based on the 2 games I watched Kero play the first was good but a little shaky. The second was excellent. He is definitely not as flashy as Munson but Tech needs solid right now.
                        Hope he gets healthy and gets a legit shot soon.

i think you’re right but ya not about who recruited him. It’s about an injury right now.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          i think you’re right but ya not about who recruited him. It’s about an injury right now.
                          May be at this moment but previously I believe it may have played in to decisions

Comment

May be at this moment but previously I believe it may have played in to decisions

I think he's saying that Shawhan recruited KEro.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              I think he's saying that Shawhan recruited KEro.
                              Kero committed mid 2013-14 season while Shawhan was still with Northern so I'm not sure how that is possible. I'm pretty sure Mukalt helped him get to Merritt and I think may have been most instrumental in bringing him in

Last edited by rustedblades; 11-22-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Khaira just scored for the Oilers against the Wings.
                                Seems he has made a development leap this year.

I think the fanbase is showing their passion, but need to relax and remember to enjoy the season. We have a good group of guys.
                                I think we will see a good weekend ahead for the Huskies.

Comment

Working...
                                X