Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Our new blacks. #mtuhky #FollowTheHuskies https://***********/mtuhky/status/90...527299/video/1

They didn't listen to you but the rest is freaking amazing.
    A small shoulder patch is easy enough to ignore, the logo still sucks, but at least the rest of the jersey is cool.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Snce the THG has put up the video of Coach MacInnes, I thought now might be a good time to remember something I saw as a fan.
      My first two years I had season tickets up near the band. you only could really get half season then, but I was at the west end of Dee stadium and so was the band. The balcony there is gone now. Anyway when I was a junior I got seats right behind the bench in about the forth row up and I could hear Coach MacInnes easily. As he said in the interview he didn't say much, but shouted when he needed to.
      So one day Steve Coates had lined up some guy from 80 or 90 ft away and was screaming across the ice with criminal intent, and his elbows up, as was his want,( Coates was one of those bumble bee type guys who stirred up the other team by making them mad) and Coach MacInnes said in a loud voice, as Coates did this and was still 40 ft away,.... " Stay away from him Coates!" Which instruction was ignored. I don't believe, after he got out of the box, he played another minute that game.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 09-18-2017, 06:31 PM.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Our new blacks. #mtuhky #FollowTheHuskies https://***********/mtuhky/status/90...527299/video/1

They didn't listen to you but the rest is freaking amazing.
        RPI fan here- but my compliments on the sweater. Very sweet!
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Un-effing-real. **Jaw Drop**
          Unless they had made them with felt lettering and numbers, I'm not sure how they could have done better with these.
          Too bad I'll have to wait for our five years to get one.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Un-effing-real. **Jaw Drop**
            Unless they had made them with felt lettering and numbers, I'm not sure how they could have done better with these.
            Too bad I'll have to wait for our five years to get one.

Ryan J
            might finally have made a jersey you'll buy through THG?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              might finally have made a jersey you'll buy through THG?
              I'll give it an above average chance of happening. I can always take slap shots at it against the basement wall to make it more authentic looking.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                I'll give it an above average chance of happening. I can always take slap shots at it against the basement wall to make it more authentic looking.

Ryan
                You mean "game-used-looking" not authentic...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Does anyone know if the intra-squad game will be broadcast on the radio or video streamed? I know years ago it was streamed on the Tech website but haven't seen anything for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    You mean "game-used-looking" not authentic...
                    Yes, I think that might be more correct.

There was a company called Custom Crafted out East that used to letter/number a lot of jerseys for NHL teams (Bruins, Devils, Hurricanes, etc). When they learned about the game worn/used jersey hobby, they started faking game worn jerseys and selling them out the back door. One of the teams was the Bruins. So for years, it seemed that Neely, Borque, Sweeney, Oates and other high end Bruins players were wearing hundreds of jerseys a season. But as it turns out, the company was just adding fake wear and repairs to the brand new jerseys themselves and selling them for thousands of dollars each.

No one questioned the jerseys for many years because Custom Crafted was the official team supplier and they were putting the official team set stamp in the fake jerseys. No one had the Internet to look at hundreds of game photos so they just took Custom Crafted's word that they were legit. Eventually however, collectors figured out what was happening and it ended up being one of the episodes of People's Court in the 1990s. While some of the fake jerseys unfortunately still circulate in the sports memorabilia hobby to this day, they are now pretty widely known as "Custom Crafted Specials" which can be identified by their similar markings and repairs which can be found on all their faked jerseys.

Ryan

Comment

I'll definitely put in an order for one. Was hoping to be able to do Phillips and Petan jerseys for styles those two actually wore, but looks like that won't be possible anymore sadly.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Devin Kero's mask for the upcoming season, personally think it's awesome https://***********/MTUEquip/status/905190181468299264
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Joe Shawhan Hour on Mix93 next Monday morning at 9am. That starts the regularly scheduled season. Email your questions to dj@themix93.com

Comment

Jake Gingell has switched to Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Jake Gingell has switched to Michigan.
                              did you notice michigan has signed 7 guys in the last 5 weeks? according to heisenberg anyway.

here's a blog post from qu on the union team we play in the second game of the year. and btw Wisconsin is the real deal and might be one of the toughest games all season.

today on the BobcatsHockeyBlog we look at the projected 8th place ECAC finisher, the Union Dutchmen who are coming off a 1st place tie in the ECAC with Harvard.

Union Dutchmen 2016-2017 Results:

Overall: 25-10-3

ECAC: 16-4-2 (Tied 1st with Harvard)

ECAC Tournament: Lost to Cornell in ECAC Semi-finals 4-1

NCAA Tournament: Yes. Lost to Penn State 10-3 in 1st round

Team History
                              NCAA Tournament History: 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
                              NCAA Frozen Fours: 2014, 2012

Departures: Mike Vecchione (F), Spencer Foo (F), Michael Pontarelli (F), Eli Lichtenwald (F), Jeff Taylor (D), Nick DeSimone (D), Matt Krug (D), Alex Sakellaropoulos (G)

Additions: Jack Adams (F), Park Foo (F), Liam Morgan (F), Josh Kosack (F), Sean Harrison (F), Brandon Estes (D), Joseph Campolieto (D), Tayloy Brierley (D), Darion Hanson (G)

The Union Dutchmen returned to the NCAA tournament for the 1st time since the 2013-2014 campaign as they surprised by winning a share of the ECAC regular season title with Harvard. No team got cleaned out more this off season in the ECAC than Union as top forward Mike Vecchione and top defenseman Jeff Taylor graduated while two juniors left early for the pros as forward Spencer Foo signed with the Calgary Flames and defenseman Nick DeSimone signed a contract with the San Jose Sharks. On top of that goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos graduated along with three other depth players on the roster.

Expect Union to have a drop off with the big names that have left as it is always tough to replace the teams top two scorers who combined for 125 points. In total Union has to replace 190 points along with 78 of the 143 goals the team scored a season ago. The Dutchmen still have some talent returning with a handful of juniors in forward Sebastian Vidmar (41 points), forward Brett Supinski (36 points), forward Cole Maier (25 points), Ryan Walker (16 points). Others expected to contribute are sophomore Luc Brown (15 points) and senior Ryan Scarfo (14 points). Union has a two talented freshman forwards who were drafted in Jack Adams (6th round, Detroit) and Parker Foo (5th round, Chicago). Both of these players put up great numbers with their junior programs a season ago and with be asked to pick up the slack for Vecchione and Foo. Also expect freshman Liam Morgan to contribute as he put up 67 points in the OJHL a year ago.

The challenge for Union will be on defense with the loss of Taylor, DeSimone and Matt Krug. They return sophomore Vas Kolias, senior J.C. Brassard and junior Greg Campbell who are the only defenseman to play over 30 game each. Sophomore Ben Newhouse played 22 games but there will be some youth and inexperience on the blue line that the Dutchmen must overcome if they want to have a successful season. Junior goaltender Jake Kupsky should be the favorite to take over for Sakellaropoulos. The 2015 7th round pick of the San Jose Sharks struggled in 9 games finishing with a 3.98 goals against average and a .878 save percentage. Those numbers will have to significantly improve if Union wants to be a major factor in the ECAC this season.

Expect the Dutchmen to play teams tough this season. They still have some talent on the roster and are well coached with Rick Bennett behind the bench. I picked them 8th as a conservative selection due to the talent loss but they do have the ability to surprise with the talent they return along with what they have coming in to finish higher than 8th. If the defense and goal-tending shape up well then watch out for this team in the second half of the season.

Jonathan Singer is a 2004 Quinnipiac alum. You can follow him on Twitter @QHockeyBlog.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                did you notice michigan has signed 7 guys in the last 5 weeks? according to heisenberg anyway.
                                We all know how Mel likes to way over-recruit.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X