Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Evan Anderson in for Marcus Russell

Gould - Lucchini - L'Esperance
    Misiak - Steman - Brice
    Gillies - Smith - Beretta
    Jackson - Reitmeier - Anderson

Donohue - Reinke
    Auk - Birks
    Ford - Meek

Munson

Go Huskies!!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

This obviously has nothing to do with how the game is going etc. but their goalie is Mitens, pronounced mittens, I am just picturing a cat in goal for LSSU.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

We're chatting over here. https://discord.gg/fV2nPc
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          We're chatting over here. https://discord.gg/fV2nPc
          Come join us on THG’s chat.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Good to get two wins, but having to get the Saturday win in overtime feels a little empty. That lost point goes into the column of ones you wish you had in March. Oh well on to the home opener.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              Good to get two wins, but having to get the Saturday win in overtime feels a little empty. That lost point goes into the column of ones you wish you had in March. Oh well on to the home opener.
              Ryan J
              I think i’m going to have to go with ‘the glass is more full’. We opened the season with 5 games on the road; three against ranked teams. A 1 goal loss to Wisconsin (#10); wins over ranked Union and Duluth; and 5 out 6 points from LSSU. A fine result, especially when compared with other years when the Huskies opened the season with long road stretches against tough teams. And, yep, looking forward to the home opener!

Comment

Also looking forward to the home opener but I still have a poor taste in my mouth becsuse I have the feeling they let this one slip away.

Like Ryan J said, at the end of the year this could be a point they'll wish they had gotten.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll take it as long as they don't cough up any hairballs against UAH next weekend, like BU and their vaunted umpteen draft picks just did.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I'll take it as long as they don't cough up any hairballs against UAH next weekend, like BU and their vaunted umpteen draft picks just did.
                    shhhhh

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I have been debating a 'glass half full' or 'half empty.' I too, for now will go with a glass half full. Good start to the year. However, there are several areas of concern in need of improvement. Turn overs, Munson's rebounds. And defensive lapses to name a few.

Looking forward to getting up to Houghton next weekend and seeing the games. Hope to see improvement and couple of wins.

Comment

there were some interesting comments regarding players interest in shots on goal counts and during an interview with Dallas, he referred to rems or reps or.... i didn't catch what he said, anyone......?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          there were some interesting comments regarding players interest in shots on goal counts and during an interview with Dallas, he referred to rems or reps or.... i didn't catch what he said, anyone......?
                          I didn't hear it but I did notice players seeming to hog the puck. I hope that stops..... and I'd like to see, as someone else said, several areas tighten up.... Plus could we please do a better job to taking advantage of the opportunities we have? We have to play better if we want to go anywhere.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I can't look at this last weekend as 5/6 points. Its a win and a tie as far as PWR is concerned, so that is what it really is. That extra point means jack **** in the grand scheme of things.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I get what you are saying, but the past two seasons, winning the WCHA tourney has been the only path to the NCAA tourney for the WCHA (and getting the #1 seed is now huge playing at home for the final game). So in that regard, the extra point might be MORE important to our NCAA tourney hopes that having "two wins" vs LSSU at the end of the season.
                              Ryan
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I get what you are saying, but the past two seasons, winning the WCHA tourney has been the only path to the NCAA tourney for the WCHA (and getting the #1 seed is now huge playing at home for the final game). So in that regard, the extra point might be MORE important to our NCAA tourney hopes that having "two wins" vs LSSU at the end of the season.
                                Ryan
                                Until we're out of the PWR discussion, PWR is the most important metric. And this year, it is starting to look like Tech, MSU and Bemidji might all be in that at-large discussion. Especially if we can get a few more OOC wins.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X