Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

For those of you going to Las Vegas, the Monte Carlo and Ny, Ny are both walking distance to the rink. One is selling rooms for $50 and the other for $41 per night during the games.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I haven't been keeping up. Has anyone posted that John Scott will appear in this Thursday's (11/30) episode of S.W.A.T. on CBS at 10pm?
      He is playing a hockey player who gave a dirty hit in a previous game and is returning to the same city. S.W.A.T. has been called in to protect him.
      Hahaha, that's what and why he's acting? Hilarious!
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is it safe to assume the city will be either Boston or Philly? I mean, as long as we're playing to stereotypes...

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          For those of you going to Las Vegas, the Monte Carlo and Ny, Ny are both walking distance to the rink. One is selling rooms for $50 and the other for $41 per night during the games.
          Those will also have “resort fees” of about $35 per night attached. Still a pretty decent deal! Especially for the quality of room you get.
          Last edited by davyd83; 11-30-2017, 12:24 AM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Those will also have “resort fees” of about $35 per night attached. Still a pretty decent deal! Especially for the quality of room you get.
            Now if only the flights were not 250 bucks for Spirit or Frontier.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

We just released an article on a new commitment for MTU, Alec Broetzman...and between submitting for editing and publishing, MTU gets another recruit (the previously mentioned Andrew Bellant)...I can't keep up.
              Recruiting Update: Huskies Add Scoring Threat
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Your record is where you've been, not always where you're going.
                You realize who you're talking to, right?

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  We just released an article on a new commitment for MTU, Alec Broetzman...and between submitting for editing and publishing, MTU gets another recruit (the previously mentioned Andrew Bellant)...I can't keep up.
                  Recruiting Update: Huskies Add Scoring Threat
                  I see Mitch Newsome is no longer on your list. What's the story there? (I did see that he got traded from Coquitlam to an SJHL team but didn't go, and he's now playing junior B.)

Comment

For a weekend when Tech sat idle, I guess you couldn't ask for much better results. Nearly every series was a split which obviously helps to prevent anyone from pulling too far ahead or making up too much ground on the Huskies. Ferris made up the most ground, but Tech gets them this weekend. Right now any team except UAF could be ahead of Tech if they win all their games in hand. Tech looks good in third, but it's a little scary to think they could be in 9th if their conference schedule was more balanced with the other teams. Obviously every team can't win them all, but it just means that nearly every team is one that could pass Tech. Hopefully the Huskies can start stringing some 4, 5 and 6 point weekends together the rest of the way starting with Ferris this weekend.

Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      For a weekend when Tech sat idle, I guess you couldn't ask for much better results. Nearly every series was a split which obviously helps to prevent anyone from pulling too far ahead or making up too much ground on the Huskies. Ferris made up the most ground, but Tech gets them this weekend. Right now any team except UAF could be ahead of Tech if they win all their games in hand. Tech looks good in third, but it's a little scary to think they could be in 9th if their conference schedule was more balanced with the other teams. Obviously every team can't win them all, but it just means that nearly every team is one that could pass Tech. Hopefully the Huskies can start stringing some 4, 5 and 6 point weekends together the rest of the way starting with Ferris this weekend.

Ryan
                      Agreed. I hope the good things we saw in Alaska were solidified with a week off. I also hope the guys were able to rest up/get health/cleared. Maybe Auk gets more practice at center and brings some energy/offense to the 4th line.

Bring on Ferris.

Comment

Well, really a tough loss. I thought Tech was the better team, but you can't keep making such big mistakes and expect to win. We didn't play the full 60 minutes which is too bad. I thought Ferris was extremely lucky to win and lucky to score the forth goal. It's got to be frustrating to play so well at times and then we pinch in, the other team gets an odd man rush, a single shot from the blue line and in it goes. I liked Beydoun. He was a lot better than he has been. And I liked how some our 3ed and forth line forwards really played well at times. I didn't think our PP was very good. We had one good one and three really average ones. And when you get the goalie alone like we had several times, you have to do something to get him to move.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 12-08-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

The better team lost tonight. That is the way it goes sometimes in hockey. The bad penalty call made the difference tonight along with the goal tending.
                          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

The 2nd and 3rd goals were absolutely terrible. Again how can a team keep having to battle to cover up that kind of BS.
                            I honestly feel this team could have 4 or 5 more wins if it wasn't for goaltending.
                            I thought except for goaltending the team played a great game. Fun to watch. I thought the power play looked very good. Best I've seen all year. Just need to finish.
                            Nervous about tomorrow unless Kero is ready to go. I have zero confidence in the other two.

Swap MTU - FSU goaltenders for that game and Tech wins 10-0!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by rustedblades; 12-09-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I thought the penalty that gave Ferris that last goal was really weak. The refs had let a LOT go all game so the guy falls down on his own and one of our sticks is in the vicinity and now we lose the game . We should have played better of course but Ferris was very lucky to get that win .

Comment

I've seen enough of Munson. He needs to be benched and work on his game in practice for awhile. If Kero can't go, start Beydoun and let him get the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X