Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Agreed not only did defense play better so did the wingers . Misiac, Reitmeier, Brice really did well. Alaska is a physical team and we matched them pretty well. It would be nice not to take so many penalties
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      3,781 at the JMSIA last night according to the game sheet. That can't be right, can it? I saw plenty of empty seats in the highlights video, and standing room didn't look crowded at all.
      Agreed, they're reporting tickets sold, not actual gate attendance.

Comment

Coach Joe (who is doing a good job) had boatloads of lavish praise for his players in the Gazette. My best advice for coach is, don’t pay any attention to the USCHO forum experts.
        But seriously though, good game yesterday and glad to see Kero playing well and with good confidence,
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Coach Joe (who is doing a good job) had boatloads of lavish praise for his players in the Gazette. My best advice for coach is, don’t pay any attention to the USCHO forum experts.
          But seriously though, good game yesterday and glad to see Kero playing well and with good confidence,
          LOL Wisest advice I've seen on this thread in a long long time...

Go Huskies!!

Comment

The best thing about the game today was the pep band playing the theme from Game of Thrones!

Comment

A win is a win, but they clearly weren't as crisp tonight. L'Esperance coming up with the winner late is great though - his first goal since October. Hopefully the monkey is off his back now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Agreed, they're reporting tickets sold, not actual gate attendance.
                Like everyone else in the universe...no one reports tickets scanned...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well last night definitely was a regression from Friday, we won in spite of our play, but a win is a win, we got the needed sweep and hopefully L'Esperance got the money off his back.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Well hats off to the d-corp after the Reinke major. I thought at the beginning of the year losing Hanna, Watson, and Leibinger was going to be extremely tough, but Seamus Donohue has been just amazing all year, tough as Leibinger and showing he knows how to move the puck. Meek as I have said all year looks like Reinke 2.0. He is going to be a very good one. For this next end of the season run, the D looks poised to contribute to a strong run. Auk, I hope is set to play his natural position, he just makes it go back there. Going to be a good game tonight, we need the points....
                    For as much as we talk about Joe's short comings, we have to admit he and the staff have done an amazing job with the freshmen this year. I have been impressed with their play. Overall I think Joe is doing a great job.

Comment

Every game is a playoff game from here on, and looking at the remaining schedules of the WCHA's top half, I would say ours is definitely the toughest.

Comment

Yep it is I heard we have Clarkson coming to Houghton next year on a 1 for 1

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Yep it is I heard we have Clarkson coming to Houghton next year on a 1 for 1
                          I thought we were going out there next year?
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            I thought we were going out there next year?
                            Yes, that is what Joe said on his show today.

2018–19: Minnesota–Duluth, @Clarkson
                            2019–20: Clarkson, @Arizona State, @North Dakota (Hall of Fame Game, not a series)

Joe also said Notre Dame is visiting in a few years and North Dakota and Minnesota are interested in visiting, and he complained about our league office's inflexibility in making non-conference dates work.
                            Last edited by redwing61; 01-22-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Every time Ferris State comes up, Joe mentions how Tech has to adapt to their "very small rink." Maybe it just seems that way because of the low ceiling, but it's 200' x 85' with 28' corner radii, just like every NHL rink.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I remember when Tech put a mic on Mel for a practice. During the practice he made fun of one of the freshmen.
                                Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                I remember that clip. Was it Sturos?
                                As much as I could care less for that former Tech coach who bailed on his alma mater, that was a prank one of the other players had set up. They taped a nickname to Reid's helmet ("Hoser") and the coach kept asking him if he had a nickname but Reid was unaware it had been added to his helmet.

It's the very first bit of the video, starts about 10 seconds in. It continues later on about the 1 minute mark with the coach asking who did it.
                                https://youtu.be/aZvx-ioyyhY?t=10s

Ryan
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X