Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottom Feeders 2017-18

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Of course! This tournament pays no attention to avoidance of first round match ups between within-conference rivals. The most important decision in this case is making sure that they both get sent west.
    Yes, we're trying to make it as inconvenient as possible for the top seeds.

Re: Bottom Feeders 2017-18

That, and it helps avoid an all-AHA Futile Four. Everyone always whined about bias when those happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That, and it helps avoid an all-AHA Futile Four. Everyone always whined about bias when those happened in the past.
    True dat in past. But, now AHA has only two qualified bottom feeders in SLOTS, and one bubble team. "The times they are a changin'."
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-25-2017 at 01:42 PM.

True dat in past. But, now AHA has only two qualified bottom feeders in SLOTS, and one bubble team. "The times they are a changin'."
    And I never expected to have HE crap the bed, either. ECAC is having a down year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    And I never expected to have HE crap the bed, either. ECAC is having a down year as well.
    Then again, the only SHOTS that matters is the end of season. A lot can change between now and March.

Then again, the only SHOTS that matters is the end of season. A lot can change between now and March.
    Dat's what dey keep saying about dat other ranking system also.

Ouray, CO in the West
    Elba in the South
    The trip to Ouray is on one of the most beautiful, but also most dangerous roads in the US. Two narrow lanes, no guard rails ( 2000 foot drops), hairpin curves and switchbacks define the road. But there is good news only 57 of the named avalanche chutes are considered active.
    GO DU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vizoroo View Post
    The trip to Ouray is on one of the most beautiful, but also most dangerous roads in the US. Two narrow lanes, no guard rails ( 2000 foot drops), hairpin curves and switchbacks define the road. But there is good news only 57 of the named avalanche chutes are considered active.
    Good, no one will attend.

In the East, I've narrowed it to Fort Kent and Mt. Washington. My cat will probably make the call.

Good, no one will attend.

In the East, I've narrowed it to Fort Kent and Mt. Washington. My cat will probably make the call.
    Tell your cat that Mount Washington is a balmy -33 degrees this morning and that they are using the wind top clear the snow off the back patio that will be used for the rink/concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Tell your cat that Mount Washington is a balmy -33 degrees this morning and that they are using the wind top clear the snow off the back patio that will be used for the rink/concessions.
    And, that -33 F does not include windchill, which could drop the temperatures to -100 F. But, no worries, the tournament is a few weeks away yet. Speaking of a cat making the call, there is a cat, Marty, who lives year round in the summit building.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    The committee is concerned about concessions. Please let us know what the menu will be. The gnarlier and more revolting, the better.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

The committee is concerned about concessions. Please let us know what the menu will be. The gnarlier and more revolting, the better.
    Mouse stew, courtesy of Marty, the MWO mascot cat.

Mouse stew, courtesy of Marty, the MWO mascot cat.
    For a moment, I thought you wrote moose, which would be too good for this tournament. Mouse, OTOH, definitely works.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    Try?
    I'm sure they'll ask the girls' mothers for permission.

For a moment, I thought you wrote moose, which would be too good for this tournament. Mouse, OTOH, definitely works.
    Funny that you mention moose, as there was one wandering around the summit a couple or three years ago. But, as far as I know, Marty the cat has not killed a moose, yet.

For starters, we can hire these guys from the Mount Washington Valley in NH. It's a good hour away so the unheated food should down the one or two fans n attendance and required a trip to the nearest hospital but only once the NH Air National Guard can get a chopper up there for which the fans will be billed a rescue fee. Hope this YELP review helps:

'This place is simply TERRIBLE. First the lettuce was black and wilted - I know many places pre-make salads but black and wilted is not acceptable anywhere! Bread was average at best. Sauce is not homemade - canned and too sweet. Meatballs - holy heck not even sure what that gray mystery meat with breadcrumbs was. I could go on and on. If you appreciate good food don't go here. Expensive for pasta but most places in this area are. I'm giving one star only because our waitress and everyone that worked there were awesome.

I would not recommend.'

PS. This place actually has spaghetti in it's name but we're not sure why, it's that bad IMHO!

Timcat (my cat) has spoken: we're going to Mt. Washington.

So, confirmed so far:

West: Ouray, CO
    South: Elba, AL
    East: Mt. Washington

Midwest is to be decided. Leaning towards Bad Axe, but could change my mind.

So, confirmed so far:

You could schedule the Midwest in the Florida Keys or Honolulu seeing how Allentown is hosting the MW regional this year.

Honolulu: http://icepalacehawaii.com/
    Keys: Roller blade only.

So, confirmed so far:

Excellent, we are making arrangements for the President Simone weather machine to be moved from the RIT campus to Mount Washington via a shared student ride so the host team can guarantee the worst playing conditions known to man

mmhmm moose steaks, better than bear IMHO.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Thread Information