No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Thomas is your John Hill award winner. 2 wins and looking lost on the bench will get you this.

The John Hill award is awarded to the coach of the worst record in D1 hockey.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2017-18

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      I might write an avalanche into the results in Ouray, and a mysterious hail in Mt. Washington. Friday night, I will have time...
      Trouble at the mill! It seams a warm up is underway on the east coast so we will get some melt up on the mountain during the daylight hours and a hard freeze overnight so travel to the summit will be almost impossible. Regardless, we'll ensure that the team busses have winter tires and give it a go to se. Plan B has the Berlin Fire Department flooding a field with the inlet side water to the local water treatment plant (no sense wasting chemicals and filters on this tournament) to provide a somewhat suitable surface to skate on. The CDC is also on standby if Plan B is put into place.

Final note, with the warm up, there will be bears and they will be hungry!

Does the committee have any standard waivers we could use?
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Good news for the South Regional. Elba schools start their spring break on Friday, so there will be a mass exodus from the town just in time for the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Trouble at the mill! It seams a warm up is underway on the east coast so we will get some melt up on the mountain during the daylight hours and a hard freeze overnight so travel to the summit will be almost impossible. Regardless, we'll ensure that the team busses have winter tires and give it a go to se. Plan B has the Berlin Fire Department flooding a field with the inlet side water to the local water treatment plant (no sense wasting chemicals and filters on this tournament) to provide a somewhat suitable surface to skate on. The CDC is also on standby if Plan B is put into place.

Isn't there an outdoor rink (or a pole barn) that could be used?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Commish has run 14 marathons and several endurance events. For every one of them, I've had to sign a "this is potentially deadly" waiver. Yes, we already drafted one on Legal Zoom.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Isn't there an outdoor rink (or a pole barn) that could be used?
              Well, we have ten dollars in our budget with which we can bribe the town council in Jackson, NH to use their 50 x 25 grass rink that can good work a hand pump from the nearby Ellis river but there are no guarantees that I've will form. It's wedding season up here so all pole barns are in use.
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Curious about the source for this weather forecast? Sounds like fake news. Wind chill 40 below zero F on summit this morning, with temperatures forecast to barely touch low teens the next 10 days. As for wind, forecast is for less than 40 mph through the weekend, relatively low for the summit at any time of year. No worries. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I feel like this is UAA’s to lose (win)...
                  RIT lost their first round series in AHC to the last place team. They are more than capable of pulling off the upset.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Curious about the source for this weather forecast? Sounds like fake news. Wind chill 40 below zero F on summit this morning, with temperatures forecast to barely touch low teens the next 10 days. As for wind, forecast is for less than 40 mph through the weekend, relatively low for the summit at any time of year. No worries. :-)
                    Ha, they only forecast out two days so your fake news trumps mine. Friday's weather will be delightful wich is bad for this tournament but also good for this tournament which is again, bad for this tournament!
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Matt Thomas is your John Hill award winner. 4 wins and looking lost on the bench will get you this.

The John Hill award is awarded to the coach of the worst record in D1 hockey.
                      I mean, I know UAF sucks but they still count...
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I mean, I know UAF sucks but they still count...
                        My bad. Thomas is still our winner, though!

Comment

I have looked at hundreds of spam posts and I haven't found any links to live streaming of this tourney.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I have looked at hundreds of spam posts and I haven't found any links to live streaming of this tourney.
                            Don't worry, Stretch Internet will have a 10-camera setup in 4K HDR that never goes down for all games despite the fact that the Internet feeds will be tin cans and bailing wire.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Don't worry, Stretch Internet will have a 10-camera setup in 4K HDR that never goes down for all games despite the fact that the Internet feeds will be tin cans and bailing wire.

GFM
                              Is that what those 4 not approved by the FCC satellites were for?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Is that what those 4 not approved by the FCC satellites were for?
                                Look, my conversion to the civil service isn't complete, so I can't file the paperwork! Sue me.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X